Phyto Phytoneutre Shampoo

4.7

Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Botanical Origin), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Botanical Origin), Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (Botanical Origin), Chamomila Recuita (Matricaria) Extract (Botanical Origin), Sage (Salvia Officinalis) Extract (Botanical Origin), Hypericum Perforatum Extract (Millepertuis) (Botanical Origin), Cochlearia Armoracia (Horseradish) Root Extract (Raifort) (Botanical Origin), Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana) (Botanical Origin), Asafetida (Ferula Assa Foetida) Extract (Botanical Origin), Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil (Botanical Origin), Cocamide MIPA (Botanical Origin), Glycol Stearate, Disodium Undecylenamido MEA Sulfosuccinate, Chlorophyllin Copper Complex (Botanical Origin), Chlorophyllin Copper Complex (Botanical Origin)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I like and use Phyto products however this shampoo made my curly hair frizzy and lose its structure. Looking at the ingredients, sodium lauryl sulfate is listed first which may explain why it produced a lot of foam and is too harsh for my hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this shampoo on weekly basis since 2012.
My hair are dry, very dry and this is the single deep cleansing shampoo that doesn't make it worse, but better. After using this shampoo my hair feel very clean and have more shine.
Highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using this cleansing shampoo once a week for maybe eight weeks now. To begin with I want to stress that I do not use a lot of styling products, and not a lot of dry shampoo either, yet I feel a need to do a proper cleanse once a week.

Before I tried this I have used cleansing shampoo from Redken and Kerastase, both with really horrible results, my hair looked dirty, dry, felt heavy. It took me a long time after using them before my hair looked healthy again. With this one, my hair looks very good immediately, it does not make my hair a complete mess (as in say tumbleweed, maybe?). My hair feels soft, it is not a mess, it is shiny and it feels like a very good starting point every week.

I was very skeptical to the ingredients in the beginning, because my scalp and skin does not tolerate eucalyptus nor a lot of other botanical ingredients (or "botanical", I dont know? But my scalp/skin does not accept anything from Kevin Murphy), but weirdly my body loves everything from Phyto.

I only have a long list of cons with this cleansing shampoo: it is cruelty free, the packaging is very good and protects the ingredients from going bad, it does what is says it does and you dont need to use a lot so you can go longer between repurchasing i.e. value for money!

With all the products from Phyto that I use, I have found that making sure my hair is very very very wet (we are talking "section" your hair in let the water absorb!) makes all the products easier to use.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

So far, so good. I've been trying to take better care of my hair, going from daily washings/flat ironing to washing every other day using "natural" products and Klorane dry shampoo on no-wash days. This shampoo is gentle and I like the eucalyptus scent, which is minty and tingly. I don't use many styling products, but when I do it's usually Garnier texture tease, which can leave some gunky buildup behind. I only use this once a week but wish I could use it more often, however it can be a tad drying due to its clarifying properties.

Love this shampoo - great clarifying shampoo. I use as directed, once or twice a week, and I usually do a good scalp scrub along with it. It isn't the easiest to run your fingers through, but its really does a good deep clean.

Its gentle on the scalp yes clarifying. Worth the buy.

Do beware of getting the shampoo in your eyes! It's minty!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

My favourite clarifying shampoo! I have dry, fine 4c hair and this one of the few that doesn't leave my hair completely stripped of moisture. It does leave my hair a bit dry, but I don't use this very often. It does an incredible job of getting your hair super clean. It's got quite a strong eucalyptus scent that not everyone will like but I'm a fan of its freshness. I especially like to use this if I have just taken out a weave. I always follow this up with a hydrating hair mask/treatment, either the L'Oreal Ever Riche mask in a pot (or EverCreme in the States) or Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.

Phytoneutre is the absolute best clarifying shampoo I've tried! I'm a huge product junkie and have tried many other brands; Schwarzkopf, Kerastase, you name it, I've tried it. But I always go back to ordering this because it removes all the silicone build-up and chemical gunk, while not stripping my hair of its natural moisture. Like all clarifying shampoos, it is a little drying if I use it on a daily basis, so I use it with Phyto's hair mask. I'm a flight attendant and use a helmet of hairspray, gel and wax every time I go on flight. Nevertheless, this shampoo always manages to do a good job of cleaning out all the disgusting gunk from my badly abused hair.

For reference, I have thick hair that is very oily at the roots/scalp and dry at the ends. I use this once or twice a week to de-gunk my scalp. It does the job well, cleansing my scalp without stripping my hair. The packing is a tube, which is a heck lot more user-friendly than the screw-top bottles some Phyto products come in. Love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Surprised I haven't reviewed this yet - I've used it for 12 years or more - that should tell you. It is excellent, cleans hair without stripping it, natural ingredients, natural eucalyptussy scent which does not linger after you've washed your hair. My hair is between waist and hip long (so up to a metre long), and I wash every 3rd or 4th day, I do not use blowdryers or any other implements of destruction on my hair - just this shampoo and a jojoba-based oil which I blend myself for a bit of conditioning and shine after i comb out my hair. I've had hairdressers tell me, whatever your'e doing don't stop - my hair is in mint condition, thanks largely to this stuff. Occasionally I've tried other things, but usually after a week or two I go back to this. Nothing else so good as this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

great stuff, great for deep clean, build up, after massage when all the lotion gets on your hair. it is great, smell so fresh, it tingles a bit which makes it really fresh . love it!

Popular Shampoos