Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

1.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is for mahogany brown #45. I had high hopes for this colour as I've used the dark brown before and had great results. My mom uses the blonde shades often and her hair always turns out great with no yellow or brassiness. To be fair my hair was coloured a medium golden brown (different brand) previously but I hated the gold tones so I wanted to add a little red back in. I applied this easily enough. The colour in the bottle looked greige at first and then turned to dark purple. On my head it looked pylon orange at the scalp but darkened up everywhere else. I left it on a little longer as I have resistant white hairs. I found it to rinse out easily (the key here is to add water and lather lather lather before you rinse). The conditioner sucks. I used it but had to use a richer one on my ends because my hair felt pretty straw like. Once I blowdried it to see the colour I wasn't impressed. Not much red to be had folks. There is a slight tinge but I wanted something a little more darker and intense. I knew I should have went with the Natural Instincts Cherry Creme. My hair feels like crap too. Yuck. It's been over a week and my hair isn't feeling any better. I think I'm going to do a vitamin C/shampoo treatment to lift this colour up a bit and go back to Natural Instincts, which I always like. No idea why I ever look at any other colour. Also, the bottom couple inches of my hair did not take the reddish tone at all and is still gold. Booooo!

on 9/14/2008 7:14:00 PM

i used soft black from this product. this isn't that damaging to the hair but my hair started getting lighter about 3 weeks after. now my hair is completely lighter and back to the old colour i had before. this product fades. i would definetly not buy this again.

Popular Hair Color Products