Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

3.6

on 11/5/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had light blonde bleached hair , having to bleach the roots constantly .Lots of people suggested 111 Ultra light ash blonde, i used it multiple times and it always turned my hair blue or purple that i had to wash with dish soap to get out . maybe I left it on too long but i didnt like it, the conditioner was too little in the small packet and I usually didnt have enough dye in the box. its cheap though. Im not sure about the darker colors though.

on 12/5/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently dyed my hair blonde, and after using a blonding kit, my hair was a bit yellow and they recommended putting a dye on top of it. This was the first dye I used, Light Ash Blonde. It was in between this and the regular ash blonde, but I was worried I would make my hair too dark. However, I used this and I didn't see a difference in colour. My hair was still yellow and a bit brassy. I think it's too light to cover up any brassyness, so if that's what you're using this for, use Garnier's Belle Color in Ash Blonde, or even the next darker shade after that, whatever that may be. That's what I used after and my hair is now a really nice regular ash blonde colour. It's still a little yellow in some areas which is why I would recommend going for an even darker blonde if your hair is really brassy. So unfortunately this particular colour didn't work for my situation.

on 3/10/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used 110 on my mousy brown hair and it turned out beautifully. The colour turned out very similar to the model's on the box. It actually has variations in the shades of blonde. The smell wasn't as overpowering as some other dyes I have used. I bought 2 boxes on sale for 4.99 each and my long hair was fully saturated.

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I have naturally very cool toned medium-blonde hair, and buy this regulary in 10.0.
It says it will turn a light and somewhat golden blonde shade on the packaging, however it makes my hair a light strawberry blonde with the prettiest hues of red, and of course blonde.
Oh, this is so awesome! This color almost makes me drool, I love it so much!
I've wanted to archieve this kind of strawberry color for a few years, but I never found something that lightened my hair at the same time like this.
So.. the color doesn't turn out exactly the way it says on the packaging (and medium blonde isn't that hard to lighten, right?) but it turns exatly the way I want it.

My mother has used 11.1, the lightest shade, on her medium blonde and ~30% grey hair for the last two years. She loves it obviously, and it gives her hair the prettiest, perly light blonde without too much yellow, orange or grey. Super pretty, I love her color.

It costs less than 3 here, which is so affordable and actually quite amazing, especially for a 'real' brand. So far it hasn't faded and hasn't dried out my hair more than other colors, also I've had no allergic reactions to it.
Very happy, I'll stick to it.

I covered up my highlights and it was natural looking (medium ash - 51) but there could have been more product in the package. I have medium length hair and it was barely enough,All in all, I loved the product though.

on 11/11/2009 11:37:00 PM

I love this hair color. It blends the grays and whites in my red hair and creates great highlights. I hate that "one color" fake looking color, and this gives very natural results.

I did recommend it to a friend with dark hair and it did not work as well for her in covering grays.

Very disappointed! I have been colouring my hair dark brown for awhile and needed a quick root touch up and the d/s was sold out of my HG. This was very inexpensive and had a dark brown colour so i thought why not??!! Bad idea! The smell was horrible (worse then other colouring systems I have used), dispersed in my hair in this weird lather which freaked me out, and dried out my hair. The final colour isn't a dark brown, but maybe a light medium and is very flat. Not happy and out of $6.

on 12/4/2008 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

this product did terrible things to my hair. I used the medium ash brown in my hair thinking i would try and neutralize the red in my hair from a previous dye. Well it ended up making my roots really red and the ends super dark. I am sure it has to do with the interactions of the dyes that were in my hair previously, but man it still sucks. I have never quite had an experience with hair dye like this one....:(

on 2/6/2008 4:17:00 PM

For me this HG. I used many of their shades from dark brown to very light blonde and was never disappointed! A week ago i used 111 extra light ash blond on my over-processed, bleached hair. I seriously damaged my hair about a month ago with at-home bleach and the beauty lady at the drugstore told me to not bleach my roots for at least several months. The problem is, I need to double-process because with a regular hair dye I cannot lift my roots to the same level as the rest of my hair. My natural hair is a level 7 (dark blond) and ash-toned.
Belle color in 111 lifted my roots to a very pale beige blonde. I left it 25 minutes on the roots, and refreshed the lengths for the last 5. Thing is, bcz my hair is very porous, the lengths became very ashy very quickly and the roots stayed beige with a HINT of gold. It's barely noticeable (I'm picky...lol)
More importantly it did not damage my hair. I didn't loose any, no further braekage and their condition hasn't change (it's not better but it's not worse!) I like the result: a very light ashy/silvery blonde, shiny and overall soft. I am very happy. I won't shampoo with my purple shampoo for a while otherwise it's going to turn grey/blue/violet. I will use my regular shampoo and a clarifying shampoo once a week. Also, the smell is not as strong as other dyes, which is always a +