Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

4.3

on 10/5/2014 12:45:00 PM

i think this stuff is great! i bought 11 - very intense black to touch up my roots. the last clairol brand black i tried made my hair turn a little blue and i was a little anxious to try this one. im so relieved to say that this black shade is neutral, no blue undertones!
my friend dyed my hair and didnt complain about the formula (so i cant say anything about application). however the color is great, the price was fantastic ($6 cdn), coverage was great as well as rinsing. no burning, not bad smelling. the only downside was the packaging of the conditioner but forgivable given the price!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Belle Color is the hair colour that I have been using to dye my moms hair for the past couple of months after switching from Garnier Nutrisse (which we both love!) to a shade in this range (63) which suited her a bit better. I have been colouring my moms hair for a few years now with the good ol' brush and bowl method using drugstore dye. The first time I used this dye on her hair is seemed to do a nice job of covering everything and making her hair look glossy but I dyed it right after having used Garnier Nutrisse so there weren't any greys to cover up. Now that I have been doing root touch ups the dye fades within a week. Last time I dyed her hair, right after she rinsed it out after having let it sit for 40 minutes, you could still see the greys peaking through. Not acceptable. One annoying thing about this dye compared to the Nutrisse Cream is that the conditioner comes in a hard to open sachet that contains maybe 1/3 of the normal product and it doesn't condition that well. The only thing that I really enjoyed about the dye is the formulation is a bit thinner and more gel like so it spreads through the hair incredibly easily.

on 3/14/2013 5:02:00 PM

I often use a dark blonde color and I find that other brands give my hair a brassiness. However, Belle Color was great...none of the brassiness and very soft hair afterwards. I was somewhat surprised because it only cost me $7.50. Very nice surprise! Would definitely recommend to others.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

How I wish this was (still) available in the Nordic countries!! When I was living in Paris, I decided to bleach my (naturally pretty dark AND previously dyed red) hair, since I was growing it out of a classic Parisian pixie and feeling pretty bored. Of course, the bleach turned my hair a flaming orange-pink which was rather frazzled in texture. I tried a few ash blonde dyes for camouflage, which brought me down to a salmony blonde. I had never seen Belle Color before and was a little wary, but I liked the promise to 'respect your natural highlights' and give a more nuanced color. I feel like this is actually true, for once! I tried the 111 shade, which is an ashy super-lightening color. That was a risky move but the result was the most BEAUTIFUL beige. I still think about this color sometimes...

P.s. Even the super-lightening shade seemed to do no damage, and this was on haggard hair.

on 6/22/2011 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

OMG... Great hair colour. I used dark blonde and it turned out the best colour I've ever used. Just a pretty soft light brown colour. After a week it did start to fade a bit (as they all do) so I'm going to take the plunge and go darker next time with the light ash brown and I'll update.

But my hair is in good condition with this, it's even and a nice colour and it's cheap. I got mine on sale for $4.99!

I'm definately going to repurchase again. The reviews on the mousse colours scare me so I'll stick with this.

on 9/24/2010 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i really liked this hair color. i was surprised, because the price was so low and the product is great. i chose one of the 'new' colors, it was Dark Brown i believe. i was a bit worried because when i first emptied it into a plastic container (i put it in a separate container and use a tint brush, not the bottle) it was sparkly and orange. after a few minutes it started to darken into a dark muddy brown. again, i was worried. in my experience, dark brown hair colors like to turn almost black, and medium brown hair color likes to pull brassy in my hair. this dye did neither. it turned a nice dark neutral brown, and it looks quite natural. i think it's cheap because you don't get the 60 mL conditioner tube with it, you just get a packet. that doesn't bother me.

oh i also should mention, i poured out a bit of the developer, maybe 15-25mLs. i don't like to use a lot of developer when i mix my hair color

on 1/19/2009 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was tired of highlights and wanted to cover them up so I bought this in light golden brown. The smell was about as bad as any other brand, but the conditioner smelled yummy (peach/fruit). Anyway the colour itself was okay but I found this brand very blah and just meh. It often goes on sale quite cheap at SDM one or two day sales (got this for $4.99) but not worth it (no shine, just blah, boring looking colour). I ended up using spiced tea (a pretty auburn colour) from Natural instincts to cover it up and give it some oomph.

on 4/8/2006 4:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am naturally brunette and I do color my hair at home. I have tried many brands, but I love Granier Belle Color in 550 "Dark Red Auburn". The color ends up looking very believable and highlights my medium complexion perfectly. My son thinks it makes me look younger! I have now used this product for many years and I highly reccommend it. It is not particularly messy or smelly. you only need 20 minutes developing time and it is not tested on animals (at least that is what I read online when I researched it).