Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

2.8

on 12/5/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently dyed my hair blonde, and after using a blonding kit, my hair was a bit yellow and they recommended putting a dye on top of it. This was the first dye I used, Light Ash Blonde. It was in between this and the regular ash blonde, but I was worried I would make my hair too dark. However, I used this and I didn't see a difference in colour. My hair was still yellow and a bit brassy. I think it's too light to cover up any brassyness, so if that's what you're using this for, use Garnier's Belle Color in Ash Blonde, or even the next darker shade after that, whatever that may be. That's what I used after and my hair is now a really nice regular ash blonde colour. It's still a little yellow in some areas which is why I would recommend going for an even darker blonde if your hair is really brassy. So unfortunately this particular colour didn't work for my situation.

on 10/5/2014 12:45:00 PM

i think this stuff is great! i bought 11 - very intense black to touch up my roots. the last clairol brand black i tried made my hair turn a little blue and i was a little anxious to try this one. im so relieved to say that this black shade is neutral, no blue undertones!
my friend dyed my hair and didnt complain about the formula (so i cant say anything about application). however the color is great, the price was fantastic ($6 cdn), coverage was great as well as rinsing. no burning, not bad smelling. the only downside was the packaging of the conditioner but forgivable given the price!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dyed my hair with Garnier Belle Colour in Light Ash Blonde. I used ash blonde to dye my black hair to a dark chocolate brown. The colour does not show well. Honestly, the back of my hair looks just like my natural hair colour. The top of my hair definitely shows a medium dark brown colour. I will not be repurchasing this :(

Edit: So, my take is if you want a very natural hair colour, go for Belle Colour. I wanted something a little more than that. I've heard your new hair colour may fade in the beginning so maybe my hair will even out. Will update.

Edit April 23, 2014: I ended fixing my hair with their Garnier Nutrisse line, it works more intense than Belle Colour :) The colour is called very light ash blonde and my hair is a milk-dark chocolate colour <3

on 12/29/2013 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This doesn't do much of a change. It slightly lightens hair but that's about it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is for mahogany brown #45. I had high hopes for this colour as I've used the dark brown before and had great results. My mom uses the blonde shades often and her hair always turns out great with no yellow or brassiness. To be fair my hair was coloured a medium golden brown (different brand) previously but I hated the gold tones so I wanted to add a little red back in. I applied this easily enough. The colour in the bottle looked greige at first and then turned to dark purple. On my head it looked pylon orange at the scalp but darkened up everywhere else. I left it on a little longer as I have resistant white hairs. I found it to rinse out easily (the key here is to add water and lather lather lather before you rinse). The conditioner sucks. I used it but had to use a richer one on my ends because my hair felt pretty straw like. Once I blowdried it to see the colour I wasn't impressed. Not much red to be had folks. There is a slight tinge but I wanted something a little more darker and intense. I knew I should have went with the Natural Instincts Cherry Creme. My hair feels like crap too. Yuck. It's been over a week and my hair isn't feeling any better. I think I'm going to do a vitamin C/shampoo treatment to lift this colour up a bit and go back to Natural Instincts, which I always like. No idea why I ever look at any other colour. Also, the bottom couple inches of my hair did not take the reddish tone at all and is still gold. Booooo!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not nearly enough conditioner ... the result was that dying my hair darker (i.e. no lifting agents) actually fried my hair! Bullcrap.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was in Rexall and saw that this was on sale for $5 CA so I got two in a mahogany brown. My hair is naturally dark and I didn't expect much but I thought I'd give it a shot for being on sale. I'm aiming for a lighter, summery hair style.

My hair is quite thick, so two boxes did the trick. I waited the allotted time and took a shower.

All this did was lighten my roots and I look pretty silly (I think so at least). NEVER buying this product again, no matter how much it's on sale for.

When I coloured my hair with Belle Color it was brassy brown colour. I used shade 403 - Dark Mocha Brown and bought it at walmart for $3.99.

I must say, the dye DID NOT smell which is a plus, but that's probably the only good thing about it...

When I rinsed my hair with the conditioner I found that it felt much drier than it did previously to colouring it and when I dried it I found the colour warped from what was shown on the box... instead of a rich dark brown colour, it was a slightly-darker-than-my-hair-before (which was relatively light) - none the less, it looked good. But I have found after a week of washing my hair regularly, it has faded to the lightness of my previous hair colour, just the brassiness is gone.

Not really pleased... I have used Semi-Permanent Dyes that have lasted longer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this colour because it was on sale for $3.99 and I needed something quick to touch up my roots. I used the "Medium Ash Brown" shade. It was horrible!!! I have naturally blonde hair, but I dye it dark. This didn't cover my light roots AT ALL! I had to go out and by the 100% colour line from Garnier and this worked MUCH better to cover my roots. I do not recommend the Belle Colour =(

on 5/24/2008 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I took one lippie off just because I wish there was more color selection. Other than that, this is hands down the most gentle, effective hair color I've ever used. The color was true to the picture, and my hair felt so soft, manageable, and healthy after using this. The BIGGEST issue have is that as a redhead, no matter what brand I used, will fade after 1-2 weeks. I colored my hair with this over 4 weeks ago, and the color is still vibrant. My second choice of haircolor is Garnier Nutrisse.