Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

3.2

on 11/5/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had light blonde bleached hair , having to bleach the roots constantly .Lots of people suggested 111 Ultra light ash blonde, i used it multiple times and it always turned my hair blue or purple that i had to wash with dish soap to get out . maybe I left it on too long but i didnt like it, the conditioner was too little in the small packet and I usually didnt have enough dye in the box. its cheap though. Im not sure about the darker colors though.

on 4/19/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! DO NOT BUY! I've dyed my hair many successful times in the past. My hair is thin and dyes very easily. I followed the directions exactly and my hair is exactly the same color as it was before (I know this because I compared it to what was in my brush at the time). There was 0% difference.

I seriously made an account on this site just to write this review.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Belle Color is the hair colour that I have been using to dye my moms hair for the past couple of months after switching from Garnier Nutrisse (which we both love!) to a shade in this range (63) which suited her a bit better. I have been colouring my moms hair for a few years now with the good ol' brush and bowl method using drugstore dye. The first time I used this dye on her hair is seemed to do a nice job of covering everything and making her hair look glossy but I dyed it right after having used Garnier Nutrisse so there weren't any greys to cover up. Now that I have been doing root touch ups the dye fades within a week. Last time I dyed her hair, right after she rinsed it out after having let it sit for 40 minutes, you could still see the greys peaking through. Not acceptable. One annoying thing about this dye compared to the Nutrisse Cream is that the conditioner comes in a hard to open sachet that contains maybe 1/3 of the normal product and it doesn't condition that well. The only thing that I really enjoyed about the dye is the formulation is a bit thinner and more gel like so it spreads through the hair incredibly easily.

on 3/14/2013 5:02:00 PM

I often use a dark blonde color and I find that other brands give my hair a brassiness. However, Belle Color was great...none of the brassiness and very soft hair afterwards. I was somewhat surprised because it only cost me $7.50. Very nice surprise! Would definitely recommend to others.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was my first hair dye and the only one I'm brave enough to use (as yet). My hair is naturally black, so I was looking to lighten it only about one or two shades.

The one I've stuck with is #50 Medium Brown, which doesn't really do anything to my hair except lighten it a little. Most of the time you can't even tell I've dyed it, unless you look really close in the sunlight. Fine by me. I don't want to be one of those people with hair lighter than their skin (a major faux pas, IMHO). I took a lippie off because this product does fade, although that doesn't bother me much as it's not really noticeable.

Overall, I like this product. It's gentle on my hair, doesn't make me gag (at least, not as much as I'd imagined chemical-saturated hair dye would), and doesn't look fake or brassy. In fact, it looks natural, and now that it's summer, it's given my now dark-brown hair reddish highlights! I get compliments on it all the time. The conditioner is a bonus -- it smells so good (like peach, which masks most of that stinky dye smell), and leaves my hair unbelievably soft and shiny after washing. Plus, it's only about $6 at WalMart!

My only complaint about this product is the packaging -- I can never nip the top off the applicator bottle. Has anyone had the same problem? Usually I just take the cap right off and apply the dye to my roots using a comb. Works well for me, but I'd like to know how to nip the top off for next time!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

How I wish this was (still) available in the Nordic countries!! When I was living in Paris, I decided to bleach my (naturally pretty dark AND previously dyed red) hair, since I was growing it out of a classic Parisian pixie and feeling pretty bored. Of course, the bleach turned my hair a flaming orange-pink which was rather frazzled in texture. I tried a few ash blonde dyes for camouflage, which brought me down to a salmony blonde. I had never seen Belle Color before and was a little wary, but I liked the promise to 'respect your natural highlights' and give a more nuanced color. I feel like this is actually true, for once! I tried the 111 shade, which is an ashy super-lightening color. That was a risky move but the result was the most BEAUTIFUL beige. I still think about this color sometimes...

P.s. Even the super-lightening shade seemed to do no damage, and this was on haggard hair.

I've used a LOT of haircolor. My favorite is Loreal Superior Preference in the shade "Deepest Indigo", but this color is just as good in the shade 21 Blue Black. I've also tried Vidal Sassoon and Elegant Effects and Natural Instincts. Even the regular Garnier Nutrisse. How is it that this is better than all of them? Lasts forever and is true to the box.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I choose "light golden blonde" and used it on virgin black hair. It resulted in an orange-brown colour on finer hairs and barely left an impression on coarser hairs. I won't fault the dye for that but rather my varied hair texture. I'm mainly docking off points for the smell and longevity of colour. The ammonia smell was very strong and lingered on for about a week. The colour faded notably by the second week. At $5CAD a box, it was not a huge loss, but will not repurchase.

on 3/10/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used 110 on my mousy brown hair and it turned out beautifully. The colour turned out very similar to the model's on the box. It actually has variations in the shades of blonde. The smell wasn't as overpowering as some other dyes I have used. I bought 2 boxes on sale for 4.99 each and my long hair was fully saturated.

on 9/24/2010 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i really liked this hair color. i was surprised, because the price was so low and the product is great. i chose one of the 'new' colors, it was Dark Brown i believe. i was a bit worried because when i first emptied it into a plastic container (i put it in a separate container and use a tint brush, not the bottle) it was sparkly and orange. after a few minutes it started to darken into a dark muddy brown. again, i was worried. in my experience, dark brown hair colors like to turn almost black, and medium brown hair color likes to pull brassy in my hair. this dye did neither. it turned a nice dark neutral brown, and it looks quite natural. i think it's cheap because you don't get the 60 mL conditioner tube with it, you just get a packet. that doesn't bother me.

oh i also should mention, i poured out a bit of the developer, maybe 15-25mLs. i don't like to use a lot of developer when i mix my hair color

Popular Hair Color Products