Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

Filtered by hair type : Other
Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

3.2

on 9/5/2012 8:34:00 PM

I used this brand for the first time with 7.1 (dark ash blonde) on my uncoloured, medium blond hair. . I do not know what it is, but all of the companies that make hair colourants, seem to struggle with a definition of the adjective "ASH". They all say that is a cool colour, will erase yellow undertones, etc. But none of them does it. Instead, they all give you plenty of yellowishness, orangeness or redness - depending on a tone of blonde you choose. And it's the same with Garnier. Straight after colouring, mu hair looks like...nothing...just a dark, no tone, no gloss. The best way to describe it, is, it's that what you see if you put a mushroom upside down. After a third wash, it looks like in the picture from the box, which would be fine, if not the fact that it is nothing like ash. But if you like the colour, despite misleading description, there are some good news - it'll stay like this for ages. Good or bad for Garnier? Well Overall, very good product, long lasting effect, but they should update their definition of "ash".

on 1/24/2011 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I used the Light Terracotta Brown over the weekend and I absolutely love the result itself. My hair is naturally black but because of a previous dye, it was more like dark brown before I colored it.

I was afraid the color would not show on my hair or worse, that my hair would turn orange. But the result is quite nice. Right now my hair is more like medium golden copper brown. The end result is very close to the chart on the box, maybe even a bit lighter.

However, I do feel that my hair is much drier after washing the dye off which makes me a bit worried now. The dye itself does not smell, which is a good thing. It did not stain or drip and can be washed off quite easily. Although, the box marked this as double highlight, I did not see any highlight effect at all. The color is very even though.

I would buy it again because of the color itself together with tons of hair nourishment products just in case. The price is quite affordable too.

Very disappointed! I have been colouring my hair dark brown for awhile and needed a quick root touch up and the d/s was sold out of my HG. This was very inexpensive and had a dark brown colour so i thought why not??!! Bad idea! The smell was horrible (worse then other colouring systems I have used), dispersed in my hair in this weird lather which freaked me out, and dried out my hair. The final colour isn't a dark brown, but maybe a light medium and is very flat. Not happy and out of $6.

on 1/19/2009 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was tired of highlights and wanted to cover them up so I bought this in light golden brown. The smell was about as bad as any other brand, but the conditioner smelled yummy (peach/fruit). Anyway the colour itself was okay but I found this brand very blah and just meh. It often goes on sale quite cheap at SDM one or two day sales (got this for $4.99) but not worth it (no shine, just blah, boring looking colour). I ended up using spiced tea (a pretty auburn colour) from Natural instincts to cover it up and give it some oomph.

I've been using this product for a couple of years now. I wanted to put some red in my hair but still look fairly natural so on a whim my mom randomly picked #55 (reddish brown) up for me. At first my hair was REALLY dark (my natural haircolour is a medium-light brown with natural blond highlights with a red undertone) but after a couple of days the colour really grew on me. I thought that it was going to come out as an unnatural red colour...but I was wrong! I have tried other colours which has either turned my hair purple, vibrant ugly red, or (strangely enough) a medium to light auburn but I keep coming back to this.