Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

3.5

on 10/5/2014 12:45:00 PM

i think this stuff is great! i bought 11 - very intense black to touch up my roots. the last clairol brand black i tried made my hair turn a little blue and i was a little anxious to try this one. im so relieved to say that this black shade is neutral, no blue undertones!
my friend dyed my hair and didnt complain about the formula (so i cant say anything about application). however the color is great, the price was fantastic ($6 cdn), coverage was great as well as rinsing. no burning, not bad smelling. the only downside was the packaging of the conditioner but forgivable given the price!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Belle Color is the hair colour that I have been using to dye my moms hair for the past couple of months after switching from Garnier Nutrisse (which we both love!) to a shade in this range (63) which suited her a bit better. I have been colouring my moms hair for a few years now with the good ol' brush and bowl method using drugstore dye. The first time I used this dye on her hair is seemed to do a nice job of covering everything and making her hair look glossy but I dyed it right after having used Garnier Nutrisse so there weren't any greys to cover up. Now that I have been doing root touch ups the dye fades within a week. Last time I dyed her hair, right after she rinsed it out after having let it sit for 40 minutes, you could still see the greys peaking through. Not acceptable. One annoying thing about this dye compared to the Nutrisse Cream is that the conditioner comes in a hard to open sachet that contains maybe 1/3 of the normal product and it doesn't condition that well. The only thing that I really enjoyed about the dye is the formulation is a bit thinner and more gel like so it spreads through the hair incredibly easily.

on 3/14/2013 5:02:00 PM

I often use a dark blonde color and I find that other brands give my hair a brassiness. However, Belle Color was great...none of the brassiness and very soft hair afterwards. I was somewhat surprised because it only cost me $7.50. Very nice surprise! Would definitely recommend to others.

on 9/5/2012 8:34:00 PM

I used this brand for the first time with 7.1 (dark ash blonde) on my uncoloured, medium blond hair. . I do not know what it is, but all of the companies that make hair colourants, seem to struggle with a definition of the adjective "ASH". They all say that is a cool colour, will erase yellow undertones, etc. But none of them does it. Instead, they all give you plenty of yellowishness, orangeness or redness - depending on a tone of blonde you choose. And it's the same with Garnier. Straight after colouring, mu hair looks like...nothing...just a dark, no tone, no gloss. The best way to describe it, is, it's that what you see if you put a mushroom upside down. After a third wash, it looks like in the picture from the box, which would be fine, if not the fact that it is nothing like ash. But if you like the colour, despite misleading description, there are some good news - it'll stay like this for ages. Good or bad for Garnier? Well Overall, very good product, long lasting effect, but they should update their definition of "ash".

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was my first hair dye and the only one I'm brave enough to use (as yet). My hair is naturally black, so I was looking to lighten it only about one or two shades.

The one I've stuck with is #50 Medium Brown, which doesn't really do anything to my hair except lighten it a little. Most of the time you can't even tell I've dyed it, unless you look really close in the sunlight. Fine by me. I don't want to be one of those people with hair lighter than their skin (a major faux pas, IMHO). I took a lippie off because this product does fade, although that doesn't bother me much as it's not really noticeable.

Overall, I like this product. It's gentle on my hair, doesn't make me gag (at least, not as much as I'd imagined chemical-saturated hair dye would), and doesn't look fake or brassy. In fact, it looks natural, and now that it's summer, it's given my now dark-brown hair reddish highlights! I get compliments on it all the time. The conditioner is a bonus -- it smells so good (like peach, which masks most of that stinky dye smell), and leaves my hair unbelievably soft and shiny after washing. Plus, it's only about $6 at WalMart!

My only complaint about this product is the packaging -- I can never nip the top off the applicator bottle. Has anyone had the same problem? Usually I just take the cap right off and apply the dye to my roots using a comb. Works well for me, but I'd like to know how to nip the top off for next time!

I've used a LOT of haircolor. My favorite is Loreal Superior Preference in the shade "Deepest Indigo", but this color is just as good in the shade 21 Blue Black. I've also tried Vidal Sassoon and Elegant Effects and Natural Instincts. Even the regular Garnier Nutrisse. How is it that this is better than all of them? Lasts forever and is true to the box.

awesome product! used in chestnut brown and my hair turned out exactly how I wanted it! and left my hair feeling soft and more healthy then before i dyed it ! with 5$ a box, I will definitely repurchase,

on 3/10/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used 110 on my mousy brown hair and it turned out beautifully. The colour turned out very similar to the model's on the box. It actually has variations in the shades of blonde. The smell wasn't as overpowering as some other dyes I have used. I bought 2 boxes on sale for 4.99 each and my long hair was fully saturated.

When I coloured my hair with Belle Color it was brassy brown colour. I used shade 403 - Dark Mocha Brown and bought it at walmart for $3.99.

I must say, the dye DID NOT smell which is a plus, but that's probably the only good thing about it...

When I rinsed my hair with the conditioner I found that it felt much drier than it did previously to colouring it and when I dried it I found the colour warped from what was shown on the box... instead of a rich dark brown colour, it was a slightly-darker-than-my-hair-before (which was relatively light) - none the less, it looked good. But I have found after a week of washing my hair regularly, it has faded to the lightness of my previous hair colour, just the brassiness is gone.

Not really pleased... I have used Semi-Permanent Dyes that have lasted longer!

on 10/12/2010 5:50:00 PM

ja bi ovu boju kupila ali neznam kako. ukinuli su ju u dućanima-dali se može kupiti preko interneta? kako? pomognite mi:)