Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

2.9

on 11/5/2016 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had light blonde bleached hair , having to bleach the roots constantly .Lots of people suggested 111 Ultra light ash blonde, i used it multiple times and it always turned my hair blue or purple that i had to wash with dish soap to get out . maybe I left it on too long but i didnt like it, the conditioner was too little in the small packet and I usually didnt have enough dye in the box. its cheap though. Im not sure about the darker colors though.

on 5/7/2015 7:12:00 PM

I wanted an ash blonde ombre and I bought this in light ah blonde because the price was right.

I bleached my dark brown hair to a bright yellow/ gingery color before and then I wanted to take off the brassy tones. Mind you, my hair was around the light blonde shade in the before section so I was expecting great results... Or at least ashy results. I left it in my hair for around 25 minutes and then washed it out.

It turned my hair DARKER and very orange!! No words can describe how upset I am with this. I don't mind the fact that it made it a little darker compared to the fact that it made my bleached ends orange! Never using this again brand again!

on 10/5/2014 12:45:00 PM

i think this stuff is great! i bought 11 - very intense black to touch up my roots. the last clairol brand black i tried made my hair turn a little blue and i was a little anxious to try this one. im so relieved to say that this black shade is neutral, no blue undertones!
my friend dyed my hair and didnt complain about the formula (so i cant say anything about application). however the color is great, the price was fantastic ($6 cdn), coverage was great as well as rinsing. no burning, not bad smelling. the only downside was the packaging of the conditioner but forgivable given the price!

on 12/29/2013 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This doesn't do much of a change. It slightly lightens hair but that's about it.

on 4/19/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! DO NOT BUY! I've dyed my hair many successful times in the past. My hair is thin and dyes very easily. I followed the directions exactly and my hair is exactly the same color as it was before (I know this because I compared it to what was in my brush at the time). There was 0% difference.

I seriously made an account on this site just to write this review.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Belle Color is the hair colour that I have been using to dye my moms hair for the past couple of months after switching from Garnier Nutrisse (which we both love!) to a shade in this range (63) which suited her a bit better. I have been colouring my moms hair for a few years now with the good ol' brush and bowl method using drugstore dye. The first time I used this dye on her hair is seemed to do a nice job of covering everything and making her hair look glossy but I dyed it right after having used Garnier Nutrisse so there weren't any greys to cover up. Now that I have been doing root touch ups the dye fades within a week. Last time I dyed her hair, right after she rinsed it out after having let it sit for 40 minutes, you could still see the greys peaking through. Not acceptable. One annoying thing about this dye compared to the Nutrisse Cream is that the conditioner comes in a hard to open sachet that contains maybe 1/3 of the normal product and it doesn't condition that well. The only thing that I really enjoyed about the dye is the formulation is a bit thinner and more gel like so it spreads through the hair incredibly easily.

on 3/14/2013 5:02:00 PM

I often use a dark blonde color and I find that other brands give my hair a brassiness. However, Belle Color was great...none of the brassiness and very soft hair afterwards. I was somewhat surprised because it only cost me $7.50. Very nice surprise! Would definitely recommend to others.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

How I wish this was (still) available in the Nordic countries!! When I was living in Paris, I decided to bleach my (naturally pretty dark AND previously dyed red) hair, since I was growing it out of a classic Parisian pixie and feeling pretty bored. Of course, the bleach turned my hair a flaming orange-pink which was rather frazzled in texture. I tried a few ash blonde dyes for camouflage, which brought me down to a salmony blonde. I had never seen Belle Color before and was a little wary, but I liked the promise to 'respect your natural highlights' and give a more nuanced color. I feel like this is actually true, for once! I tried the 111 shade, which is an ashy super-lightening color. That was a risky move but the result was the most BEAUTIFUL beige. I still think about this color sometimes...

P.s. Even the super-lightening shade seemed to do no damage, and this was on haggard hair.

I've used a LOT of haircolor. My favorite is Loreal Superior Preference in the shade "Deepest Indigo", but this color is just as good in the shade 21 Blue Black. I've also tried Vidal Sassoon and Elegant Effects and Natural Instincts. Even the regular Garnier Nutrisse. How is it that this is better than all of them? Lasts forever and is true to the box.

When I coloured my hair with Belle Color it was brassy brown colour. I used shade 403 - Dark Mocha Brown and bought it at walmart for $3.99.

I must say, the dye DID NOT smell which is a plus, but that's probably the only good thing about it...

When I rinsed my hair with the conditioner I found that it felt much drier than it did previously to colouring it and when I dried it I found the colour warped from what was shown on the box... instead of a rich dark brown colour, it was a slightly-darker-than-my-hair-before (which was relatively light) - none the less, it looked good. But I have found after a week of washing my hair regularly, it has faded to the lightness of my previous hair colour, just the brassiness is gone.

Not really pleased... I have used Semi-Permanent Dyes that have lasted longer!