Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

2.8

on 4/8/2006 4:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I am naturally brunette and I do color my hair at home. I have tried many brands, but I love Granier Belle Color in 550 "Dark Red Auburn". The color ends up looking very believable and highlights my medium complexion perfectly. My son thinks it makes me look younger! I have now used this product for many years and I highly reccommend it. It is not particularly messy or smelly. you only need 20 minutes developing time and it is not tested on animals (at least that is what I read online when I researched it).

on 2/6/2008 4:17:00 PM

For me this HG. I used many of their shades from dark brown to very light blonde and was never disappointed! A week ago i used 111 extra light ash blond on my over-processed, bleached hair. I seriously damaged my hair about a month ago with at-home bleach and the beauty lady at the drugstore told me to not bleach my roots for at least several months. The problem is, I need to double-process because with a regular hair dye I cannot lift my roots to the same level as the rest of my hair. My natural hair is a level 7 (dark blond) and ash-toned.
Belle color in 111 lifted my roots to a very pale beige blonde. I left it 25 minutes on the roots, and refreshed the lengths for the last 5. Thing is, bcz my hair is very porous, the lengths became very ashy very quickly and the roots stayed beige with a HINT of gold. It's barely noticeable (I'm picky...lol)
More importantly it did not damage my hair. I didn't loose any, no further braekage and their condition hasn't change (it's not better but it's not worse!) I like the result: a very light ashy/silvery blonde, shiny and overall soft. I am very happy. I won't shampoo with my purple shampoo for a while otherwise it's going to turn grey/blue/violet. I will use my regular shampoo and a clarifying shampoo once a week. Also, the smell is not as strong as other dyes, which is always a +

on 5/24/2008 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I took one lippie off just because I wish there was more color selection. Other than that, this is hands down the most gentle, effective hair color I've ever used. The color was true to the picture, and my hair felt so soft, manageable, and healthy after using this. The BIGGEST issue have is that as a redhead, no matter what brand I used, will fade after 1-2 weeks. I colored my hair with this over 4 weeks ago, and the color is still vibrant. My second choice of haircolor is Garnier Nutrisse.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this colour because it was on sale for $3.99 and I needed something quick to touch up my roots. I used the "Medium Ash Brown" shade. It was horrible!!! I have naturally blonde hair, but I dye it dark. This didn't cover my light roots AT ALL! I had to go out and by the 100% colour line from Garnier and this worked MUCH better to cover my roots. I do not recommend the Belle Colour =(

When I coloured my hair with Belle Color it was brassy brown colour. I used shade 403 - Dark Mocha Brown and bought it at walmart for $3.99.

I must say, the dye DID NOT smell which is a plus, but that's probably the only good thing about it...

When I rinsed my hair with the conditioner I found that it felt much drier than it did previously to colouring it and when I dried it I found the colour warped from what was shown on the box... instead of a rich dark brown colour, it was a slightly-darker-than-my-hair-before (which was relatively light) - none the less, it looked good. But I have found after a week of washing my hair regularly, it has faded to the lightness of my previous hair colour, just the brassiness is gone.

Not really pleased... I have used Semi-Permanent Dyes that have lasted longer!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was in Rexall and saw that this was on sale for $5 CA so I got two in a mahogany brown. My hair is naturally dark and I didn't expect much but I thought I'd give it a shot for being on sale. I'm aiming for a lighter, summery hair style.

My hair is quite thick, so two boxes did the trick. I waited the allotted time and took a shower.

All this did was lighten my roots and I look pretty silly (I think so at least). NEVER buying this product again, no matter how much it's on sale for.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not nearly enough conditioner ... the result was that dying my hair darker (i.e. no lifting agents) actually fried my hair! Bullcrap.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This is for mahogany brown #45. I had high hopes for this colour as I've used the dark brown before and had great results. My mom uses the blonde shades often and her hair always turns out great with no yellow or brassiness. To be fair my hair was coloured a medium golden brown (different brand) previously but I hated the gold tones so I wanted to add a little red back in. I applied this easily enough. The colour in the bottle looked greige at first and then turned to dark purple. On my head it looked pylon orange at the scalp but darkened up everywhere else. I left it on a little longer as I have resistant white hairs. I found it to rinse out easily (the key here is to add water and lather lather lather before you rinse). The conditioner sucks. I used it but had to use a richer one on my ends because my hair felt pretty straw like. Once I blowdried it to see the colour I wasn't impressed. Not much red to be had folks. There is a slight tinge but I wanted something a little more darker and intense. I knew I should have went with the Natural Instincts Cherry Creme. My hair feels like crap too. Yuck. It's been over a week and my hair isn't feeling any better. I think I'm going to do a vitamin C/shampoo treatment to lift this colour up a bit and go back to Natural Instincts, which I always like. No idea why I ever look at any other colour. Also, the bottom couple inches of my hair did not take the reddish tone at all and is still gold. Booooo!

on 12/29/2013 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This doesn't do much of a change. It slightly lightens hair but that's about it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dyed my hair with Garnier Belle Colour in Light Ash Blonde. I used ash blonde to dye my black hair to a dark chocolate brown. The colour does not show well. Honestly, the back of my hair looks just like my natural hair colour. The top of my hair definitely shows a medium dark brown colour. I will not be repurchasing this :(

Edit: So, my take is if you want a very natural hair colour, go for Belle Colour. I wanted something a little more than that. I've heard your new hair colour may fade in the beginning so maybe my hair will even out. Will update.

Edit April 23, 2014: I ended fixing my hair with their Garnier Nutrisse line, it works more intense than Belle Colour :) The colour is called very light ash blonde and my hair is a milk-dark chocolate colour <3