Garnier Belle Color Permanent Haircolor

1.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

awful. i bleached my hair to a yellowish colour (because it was purple and i wanted it light brown) it was a very light pink colour and when i put the colour in and washed it out, there was a 0% difference complete waste of money

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I dyed my hair with Garnier Belle Colour in Light Ash Blonde. I used ash blonde to dye my black hair to a dark chocolate brown. The colour does not show well. Honestly, the back of my hair looks just like my natural hair colour. The top of my hair definitely shows a medium dark brown colour. I will not be repurchasing this :(

Edit: So, my take is if you want a very natural hair colour, go for Belle Colour. I wanted something a little more than that. I've heard your new hair colour may fade in the beginning so maybe my hair will even out. Will update.

Edit April 23, 2014: I ended fixing my hair with their Garnier Nutrisse line, it works more intense than Belle Colour :) The colour is called very light ash blonde and my hair is a milk-dark chocolate colour <3

on 12/29/2013 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This doesn't do much of a change. It slightly lightens hair but that's about it.

on 6/30/2013 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this for $4.99 CAD on sale (normally $8.49 I think) at Shoppers Drug Mart. I got 550 Dark Red Auburn with cranberry extract (there's one without cranberry). I have naturally black Chinese hair and the box showed it would turn to this nice, not too bright or too dull red in 20min. I had it on for at least 1 hour and about 20min and it turned out pretty different than the box. It's not as bright and is not very obvious. The instructions didn't say anything about wrapping tin foil around but I know it helps make the colour richer. However I didn't wrap tin foil around but i figured it would be the same if i kept it in so much longer. It's noticeable and easily seen in light. However these weren't the results they showed. I wanted it brighter and the packaging showed it brighter. I would not purchase this line of Garnier Belle Color again because I do not trust the final colour shown on the packaging which basically takes away from the product obviously. The price is good if it worked better.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Belle Color is the hair colour that I have been using to dye my moms hair for the past couple of months after switching from Garnier Nutrisse (which we both love!) to a shade in this range (63) which suited her a bit better. I have been colouring my moms hair for a few years now with the good ol' brush and bowl method using drugstore dye. The first time I used this dye on her hair is seemed to do a nice job of covering everything and making her hair look glossy but I dyed it right after having used Garnier Nutrisse so there weren't any greys to cover up. Now that I have been doing root touch ups the dye fades within a week. Last time I dyed her hair, right after she rinsed it out after having let it sit for 40 minutes, you could still see the greys peaking through. Not acceptable. One annoying thing about this dye compared to the Nutrisse Cream is that the conditioner comes in a hard to open sachet that contains maybe 1/3 of the normal product and it doesn't condition that well. The only thing that I really enjoyed about the dye is the formulation is a bit thinner and more gel like so it spreads through the hair incredibly easily.

When I coloured my hair with Belle Color it was brassy brown colour. I used shade 403 - Dark Mocha Brown and bought it at walmart for $3.99.

I must say, the dye DID NOT smell which is a plus, but that's probably the only good thing about it...

When I rinsed my hair with the conditioner I found that it felt much drier than it did previously to colouring it and when I dried it I found the colour warped from what was shown on the box... instead of a rich dark brown colour, it was a slightly-darker-than-my-hair-before (which was relatively light) - none the less, it looked good. But I have found after a week of washing my hair regularly, it has faded to the lightness of my previous hair colour, just the brassiness is gone.

Not really pleased... I have used Semi-Permanent Dyes that have lasted longer!

on 12/29/2009 10:45:00 AM

It was soooo bad. Its one of the worst hair colors i've ever used. It slowly fades everytime I wash. When I wash my hair theres the color that rinses out when i shampoo :P

on 11/10/2009 8:46:00 PM

in my opinion , this is the crappiest one out of all the hair dyes i have used, and i've tried many. i used Belle Color in dark ash blonde at least 3 times and none of them came out dark ash blonde, it barely was visible, whereas i tried the brass free blondes from naturaly instincts, it worked rather well for a dark ash blonde althought it is not permanent

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is always on sale. I saw it on sale for $3 once. I know why. This color is almost too gentle to be called a permanent. Garnier really effed up on this one. The conditioner is only in a packet?! The conditioner is actually pretty nice but you can only use it once (I feel bad for long thick-haired people cuz it might not be enough.) Shades are kind of fake-looking especially the ash brown and dark red shades, even though they say it's natural. Their golden blonde shades turn out looking yellow and their ash blondes turn out grayish green. This stuff is pretty blah. Boring. Nothing special. Not even decent enough to earn 3 lippies.

on 9/14/2008 7:14:00 PM

i used soft black from this product. this isn't that damaging to the hair but my hair started getting lighter about 3 weeks after. now my hair is completely lighter and back to the old colour i had before. this product fades. i would definetly not buy this again.

Popular Hair Color Products