4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

LOOOVE the color, it's the perfect darkish red. doesn't take long to dry, opaque in 2 coats and usually lasts very well; one of my favorite nail polishes

About reviewer (11 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Olive

4 years ago

Got The Blues For Red is a very dark bluish red.I really love this color.It looks fabulous on my fair pale skin.My husband also likes this color and he rarely notices what color i am wearing.No streaking with this and two coats gives you a beautiful dark red color.This is a great color.You need this in your collection.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

Happened to try this color at a nail salon, and FELL. IN. LOVE. It was exactly the red I was looking for (especially b/c I can't get my hands on Dashing Diva's Stock Exchange anymore). It's not too candy-apple-red, not too dark/vampy, but the perfect oxblood. Yes, it does look different indoors (darker, deeper burgundy) vs in sunlight (brighter red), but I love both shades. It has a shiny, jelly-like finish, and it just looks classic, simple, and chic. :)

About reviewer (224 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

6 years ago

I love this dark, blue-red polish! It applies so easily and smoothly, and lasts a long time, and it's just a really pretty classic red. It tends to change colors with different lighting though. One of my favs for darker red shades, and I have many to make the comparison.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I've just had a manicure today and wanted something I'd not tried before. I love timeless, classic reds and this seemed to fit the bill. I'd heard both good and bad things about it, but I wasn't buying a bottle, just trying it. I wish I'd bought a bottle or three. It is gorgeous! It's a dark crimson red and although I haven't compared, it seems a dead ringer for Essie Fishnet Stockings. The formula is almost full coverage at one coat and full at two. I think another coat would give a darker oxblood colour which would be just as good.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Love this color! I prefer this over OPI Malaga Wine. Looks elegant and I believe this color would look great on all skin tones.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

3.0

6 years ago

I loved the color in the bottle. Unfortunately to achieve that darkened oxblood color you need 3 coats of relatively thick polish. It was streaky it chipped like crazy and it had to go back. I bought a dupe for it and hopefully I'll like it much better.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

If Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ was too dark for you and Malaga Wine was a tad too pink, this just might be the red polish for you! It's not too dark or bright, it doesn't have sparkles, and it shines with a nice top coat. It was only a couple of dollars when I bought it at Target, so it's not going to break the bank. It does take more than one coat to get the color even so keep that in mind. I was fine with two coats and the product dries quickly without mess.

About reviewer (329 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I've been obsessed with vampy reds lately and my nail polish collection only contained bright reds so I had to get this. Its an amazing blue red colour that is a perfect blood red! I needed to do 3 coats to get the exact same colour as the bottle but it applied very nicely, smoothly and didn't bubble. As with all OPI nail polishes the brush is amazing! Like most dark colours though, I noticed wear at my tips after just a few days but it didn't start chipping until just under a week. Looks great as a manicure - very classy and wearable for work or going out. I also love it as a pedicure for those same reasons! I can't wait to use this for some Halloween nail art coming up in the next month or so! I got it for $10 which is totally worth the money when purchasing OPI because you get what you pay for! I will always have this in my collection and will definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (349 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

7 years ago

This is the dark red creme I've been looking for! I love the way a nice deep red looks on my lighter skintone, and I had purchased OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ (which is a beautiful color) but just too dark for me - with two coats, Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ looks almost black in some lights. But then I found this! Perfect, deep red creme that doesn't look black. Almost looks like a jelly when you have it on.. a very squishy look to it! With 2 coats it's the perfect red for me, but you could make it even more vampy by layering on 3 coats or more. This is now my HG red for the fall/winter, and I'm already sporting it on my nails and toes! Love it.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium