Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Auburn

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Well, first off, I really didn't expect a lot from this product, as it was cheap but had quite a lot of good reviews, and I am low on funds. What I didn't expect was the nasty shock I was in for. This dye comes out in a gel form when you mix it in the applicator bottle, and it goes on quite nicely on my hair. The colour came out quite well, a brown-ish red, which is exactly what I have been looking for. The omen of my now ensuing nightmare began when I was washing out the dye for the first time. The cone-free lovers would get this, it felt like the first time you washed your hair with cone-free shampoo, except in my case my hair felt so dry I can't even comb my fingers through the tangles that has formed in my hair in fear of breakage. I felt relieved when I applied the conditioner it came with, )the gardinia scent is quite nice too) my hair felt soft again, and my usual styling went well afterwards. Except the feeling of extreme dryness came back at the next shampoo, if I had no stock of hair dye conditioners I would be very tempted to pull them out. it's such a tangled mess without them. I have no idea what I have to do after a run out of the stock of the conditioners. My hair has never felt this dry, even with the Liese bubble dyes that at least makes your hair feel nice WITHOUT having to put in the conditioners it came with. So, the only pros of this product is the ease of applying evenly, the result colour, and the false hope of manageable hair. Now I will probably have to hire some large guns to combat the condition my hair has gotten in, and waste more money on it. Lesson learned, you get what you pay for! Will call out to Asian girls out there who is considering this dye, DON'T DO IT!

I'll come back with an update of how I fixed it, if I find a way out of this mess without cutting it all off!

Update 2/6/15

Went back to silicone conditioners for two weeks, my hair got incredibly dry and brittle at the ends because of my constant straightening and actual dehydration from all the silicone products. Switched back to heavyduty LUSH shampoo and condtioner (Rehab/Retread) on top of HWH pre-wash treatment at every shampoo, the condition of my hair has gotten a lot better. The colour has faded to chocolate brown in the 6 weeks since. Definitely won't repurchase.

I am VERY satisfied with how this hair color turned out, especially that it was the first time I ever colored my hair. I used to have light brown hair and the change it did to my hair looked absolutely natural. The conditioner it came with made my hair really soft also. And the price was really cheap too.. Around 2.89 in walmart! The only downside about this product is that it didnt come with a dye brush, but other than that, I highly recommend this product.

Popular Hair Color Products