REVLON Colorsilk in Medium Auburn

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love. Love. Looooove this color. I'm a brunette and have been wanting to go lighter for a long time, so I bought the Revlon Dark Auburn for a little change and then I found a coupon for more Revlon so I decided to do the Medium Auburn. This is the exact color that I wanted and looks really good with my skin. I'm African American and light-skinned and was afraid it would wash me out, but it looks great. And for 3 bucks, I'm stocking up on this color and more.

on 6/27/2011 9:53:00 PM

I use Colorsilk usually in Light Golden Brown but decided to go back to red. This color came out beautiful and my only regret is that I did not go back to reds sooner.

It covered my gray really well, doesn't bad that bad and my hair felt good after I used their conditioner. I know the color will not last as long as I'd like just because reds all fade fast but since I color every few weeks, it's not an issue.

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I used this color on a friend. Her starting color was light golden brown. The medium auburn is absolutely gorgeous. It's a natural looking auburn, but it's more of a ruby red. The nice thing about this is, it fades into a natural looking color, not a fakey blah washed out red. It turned out so nice I wouldn't mind having this color myself. We did leave it on for 35 minutes before rinsing. She went 4 days without washing her hair after coloring, which seemed to "set in" the color better for her, including using a color protecting shampoo and conditioner. If you are thinking of trying on a red, this is a good start.

This and natural insticts in Cinnaberry are my HG hair color products! LOVE this stuff, plus it is cheaper than Natural Insticts. I have always in the passed have stayed clear away from this product thinking because the price was so cheap, it must be junk. I had some one recommend this product to me so I gave it a try. What the heck. I tried to match it up the best I could due to the fact that I use the NI in Cinnaberry. This was a perfect match. This covers greys wonderfully and it does not leave your hair dried out like some other brands do. My hair felt silky and had a nice shine to it, plus like I said, those pesky little greys were gone. I would highly recommend this to anyone. I get a good four weeks out of this color before greys start popping up. Same amount as if I were to have it professionaly done. For years I was letting my sylist color my hair which was putting me in the poor house ($75.00 not including tip) yikes!!! My hair is short, so I only need one box, for three dollars a month how can you beat it! This is a no brainer people, give it a try.

on 2/18/2009 9:20:00 PM

This is the worst haircolor I have used on my hair except pure bleach powder. It turned my hair so dry, tangled and impossible to comb. I have not had such bad hair for a very long time and I do color my hair very often. Will never, ever buy Revlon again. L'Oreal Excellence and Preference are so much better, never dried my hair to such extent. The color of this Revlon Auburn is also very artificial, nothing like "natural". Awful, I feel like crying for my poor hair.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

As far as I'm concerned, this is my HG hair dye. The color is very rich and beautiful while still looking natural (everyone who has met me after I started using this thinks I'm a natural red), and the conditioner leaves my hair very soft and shiny. The only time I strayed was to try Herbal Essences in a similar shade - it was way too orange and faded fast. For a third of the price, this product is way, way better.

The gloves are kinda crappy, but I'll take cheap gloves over bad dye any day!

on 9/1/2005 4:41:00 AM

I have been searching for just the right shade of red auburn for quite awhile. This is it! It is very flattering on me. I'm a warm LLL and have brown eyes. I really love this color. First I went darker red, but that really washed me out. Now my skin looks so much peachier and the green flecks in my eyes really stand out. So far my hair seems to be responding well to the coloring. I love the conditioner that comes with Colorsilk. I wish they sold it by the bottle. And you definitely can't beat the price - especially for long-haired women like me. I have to use 2 boxes...but that's all of $5 with this brand.

Popular Hair Color Products