Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Auburn

Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Auburn

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

This is a beautiful red for the price. It came out fairly dark on me because my hair was a dark brown before I dyed it. It did leave my hair in pretty bad condition though. I had been using demi permanent color for awhile and forgot how tangled my hair gets with box color. It would be VERY hard to comb through for the first three weeks every time I showered.

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I used this color on a friend. Her starting color was light golden brown. The medium auburn is absolutely gorgeous. It's a natural looking auburn, but it's more of a ruby red. The nice thing about this is, it fades into a natural looking color, not a fakey blah washed out red. It turned out so nice I wouldn't mind having this color myself. We did leave it on for 35 minutes before rinsing. She went 4 days without washing her hair after coloring, which seemed to "set in" the color better for her, including using a color protecting shampoo and conditioner. If you are thinking of trying on a red, this is a good start.

I tried Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Auburn and it's TERRIFIC. The colour looks natural and it covers gray well. It leaves my hair just as nice and conditioned as L'Oreal does but costs WAY less. At $2.97 at Walmart, it's a steal.
My hair grows fast so I have to touch-up often, every 3 weeks or so. That could be why I don't really notice any fadeout of colour.
The only reason that I stated that I won't buy this product again is because I've gone to a lighter red colour of Revlon Colorsilk now. Same great product but light auburn.

so this is my HG haircolor. I was timid to dye my hair this color but I gave it a go. my hair is naturally a medium ash brown. this did a good job of lifting my hair color and adding a natural red warm tone. the results matched the shade on the box! next time im going to try the light auburn color silk (I bought 2 bc they were on sale 2 for $5!) awesome.

i dont recommend dying your hair red at home if you have dyed your hair black or darker than your natural shade at any point, it WILL NOT LIFT and your roots or where ever you have virgin hair will lift and you'll have red and black hair. the only way this worked for me was bc i did it on virgin hair. i guarantee. so just a warning and definately go to a professional in that case.

for maintenance I shampoo with l'oreal professional colorist in orange marigold. really helps maintain my color longer and achieve that coppery red color. OR a sulfate free shampoo such as TIGI superstar.

*for reference im nw20 skin with freckles and ever since i dyed my hair this color people are always telling me i have the best complexion. i really think its the haircolor thats enhancing my complexion.

also, when it comes to red dye it will always wash out sooner than other colors but for such a cheap price i dont mind rebuying.

Popular Hair Color Products