Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Auburn

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/6/2014 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This $3.00 dollar box of hair color makes my naturally light brown hair the perfect medium red shade. I'd gone completely natural for a while and was worried about coloring it myself, but it came out perfect. It's a real shade of red: not too bright or with any purple undertones. It didn't leave my hair dry or damaged either. And everyone thinks it's my natural color! I'll definately be sticking with this product.

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I used this color on a friend. Her starting color was light golden brown. The medium auburn is absolutely gorgeous. It's a natural looking auburn, but it's more of a ruby red. The nice thing about this is, it fades into a natural looking color, not a fakey blah washed out red. It turned out so nice I wouldn't mind having this color myself. We did leave it on for 35 minutes before rinsing. She went 4 days without washing her hair after coloring, which seemed to "set in" the color better for her, including using a color protecting shampoo and conditioner. If you are thinking of trying on a red, this is a good start.

This and natural insticts in Cinnaberry are my HG hair color products! LOVE this stuff, plus it is cheaper than Natural Insticts. I have always in the passed have stayed clear away from this product thinking because the price was so cheap, it must be junk. I had some one recommend this product to me so I gave it a try. What the heck. I tried to match it up the best I could due to the fact that I use the NI in Cinnaberry. This was a perfect match. This covers greys wonderfully and it does not leave your hair dried out like some other brands do. My hair felt silky and had a nice shine to it, plus like I said, those pesky little greys were gone. I would highly recommend this to anyone. I get a good four weeks out of this color before greys start popping up. Same amount as if I were to have it professionaly done. For years I was letting my sylist color my hair which was putting me in the poor house ($75.00 not including tip) yikes!!! My hair is short, so I only need one box, for three dollars a month how can you beat it! This is a no brainer people, give it a try.

on 2/18/2009 9:20:00 PM

This is the worst haircolor I have used on my hair except pure bleach powder. It turned my hair so dry, tangled and impossible to comb. I have not had such bad hair for a very long time and I do color my hair very often. Will never, ever buy Revlon again. L'Oreal Excellence and Preference are so much better, never dried my hair to such extent. The color of this Revlon Auburn is also very artificial, nothing like "natural". Awful, I feel like crying for my poor hair.

I have been using Colorsilk Medium Auburn for about 6 months. I love the color and it doesn't seem to fade as quickly as other brands I have used. I try to keep my color fresh with a weekly color glaze treatment, but before I noticed within three to four weeks significant fading. With is product, I am having to redo my color every 6 weeks with some root touchup beforehand.

I read good reviews here on MUA about Colorsilk and a few on Naturallycurly.com and decided to try this shade out. I became tired of mixing up my own custom colors from Sally and just wanted a dummy proof auburn shade that looked natural. I know everyone raves about Robert Craig, but I want something that I can find that is five minutes away at my favorite place: Walgreens. I am one of those gals that will suddenly see her roots and wants those rascally rabbits gone in a hurry. I have been looking for something that covered up my grays which my previous hair color did not. It turned out to be a super nice shade of auburn and we all know how tricky reds can be. I didn't have as much hair in the shower either from the rinsing process and no major stains on the skin. It did turn my shower mat pink though! LOL I didn't see any gray hairs peeking through either.

My one and only complaint is the conditioner that is in the box. It works really well and gives good slip BUT the smell is noxious and I am a perfume slut by nature. The fragrance just didn't agree with me. I rinsed and rinsed too and ended up putting another conditioner on my head because the stink was giving me a migraine. Other than that I will repurchase again and just use another kind of conditioner in my arsenal. It is extremely economical.

Popular Hair Color Products