Burt's Bees Burt's Tinted Facial Moisturizer [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

2.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really wanted this TM to work for me. I like a lot of Burt's Bees products, and try to incorporate natural cosmetics into my routine. I figured this would be good for - as another reviewer put it - "around the house" type days when I'm not looking for perfect coverage. But...ick. It's pretty oily, which I'm normally OK with because I have dry/combination skin, but it was a bit much for me. Also, the color was a little too dark...there wasn't a tester available, and I went with the wrong shade...but that's my fault. It works if I blot on a LOT of finishing powder, but then it ends up looking sort of cakey. A nice thought, but it just doesn't work for me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

such great moisturizing! i love this stuff,just wish it was cheaper. i dont bother with foundation much anymore this stuff is better and keeps my skin looking brighter. i use the light colored moisturizer. the only thing that would make it better would be to put an spf in it.

I love, love, love this product! Great coverage that gives your skin an amazing glow. I use it alone most of the time and always get compliments on my skin when I am wearing it! Only negative, the consistency turns thicker only after a month, still works but I like the thinner consistency when its new.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Great for the super pale. I love it for a light coverage arund the house kind of day.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I use this every single day. It sinks into yoru skin and looks like it's your own skin. My sin has improved so much with this. I put it on, then a little concerel under my eyes, and a little loose powder to set it and it looks SO natural and feels like I have nothing on. In fact, I have it on right now. I feel great. I never worry about how long I have it on cause I know I wont have a huge zit at the end of the night. I dont have to worry about leaving foundation marks all over my clothes. It be being, the bomb. It has got to be my fav product I own. Makes it look like I have perfect skin, not perfect makeup.

this once made me break out. I like natural makeup so I thought I would like this one but it was too heavy and it made my combination skin breakout. Won't repurchase and do not recommend

I am a huge for of BB. I use lots of their products and was refered to this one. I felt like it worked alright, but thats about it. It worked okay on my legs but as far as my face I dont think that ide rebuy this one. AS far as BB try anything else though.

I love the BB vanishing powder, but this TM is the worst I've ever used. It's thick and greasy, yet not at all moisturizing. I have combo skin. The dry stays dry, but somehow looks greasy, too. And my oily skin looks insanely greasy. Even when I use a tiny bit, it feels heavy and looks chalky.

Let me start off by saying that I love tinted moisturizers. Any time I hear about a new one, I go to try it. This TM isn't as thin as it could be, but it's hardly difficult to apply. A few small dots on your cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead and you simply blend. I prefer to apply TM with a foundation brush but it's incredibly hard to do with BB's. That said, I use medium and I get nothing but compliments. The coverage is adjustable and it is plenty if the only thing you need it for is to even tone. I have combo skin and it works well with this TM as long as I use a powder. Honestly, I wouldn't want to wear a TM without powder anyway.

As for the smell that everyone is talking about - it simply smells like beeswax. If you don't like the smell, I suggest not using products called Burt's >Bees<.

UPDATE: It's been a while of every-day use and the texture IS a bit heavy for the humidity of the south. That said, I still love it and will continue to use it, albeit mostly in the winter.

UPDATE 2: :\ After a few months of use, I realized that it's breaking me out. :( Beware.

I actually love this product. Its great for dry skin. It is more than sheer coverage which i like. You only need a tiny amount. I actually use this over a spf moisturizer and it blends in great. my skin looks smooth and blemish free. i am a nc30 and bought this in a medium.