Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers
Burts Bees Lip ShimmersBurts Bees Lip ShimmersBurts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the lip shimmer in Peony. Absolutely the perfect natural pastel pink/peach color. Spot on neutral. The color is just about the only good thing about this product and why it even got a lippie. The menthol in it actually comes close to burning my lips, not a tingling sensation, but actual burning. It tastes like chemicals and candle wax, the shimmer isn't very flattering, very juvenile looking. I bought it on impulse ($4), having chapped lips one cold day. I was severely disappointed when it did nothing for my lips, they dried out and cracked worse. I threw it in my makeup stash and forgot about it. I tried it again, without chapped lips, because I needed a quick neutral. It was still chemical and burnt my lips, the color was patchy and dried out my lips. It actually dried my skin on my lips so bad, it peeled off with chunks of the shimmering color. The tube is clumsy and ugly. All around Horrid. Over priced. Nothing natural about this stuff, like toxic waste.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Didn't last at all. Greasy. They are no longer cruelty are selling in China where animal testing is still done.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I bought this lip shimmer in Apricot on clearance at Walmart for like $2. I went ahead and bought the last three (kept one and gave the others away as gifts). I love the natural ingredients and the mint zing you get when first applied. It's creamy and a lovely medium peach tone but there's not too much shimmer to it; which makes it a great daytime shade. It doesn't wear too long if you drink anything after application. The two reasons I didn't give it more stars was because it tends to feather if your lips are the slightest bit chapped. Hydration is a must, as is scrubbing any flakes off your lips prior to application. The other reason is the applicator doesn't twist the product back down. Sadly, I wouldn't repurchase based on these reasons.

on 9/10/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this. Light natural color. Moisturizing. Perfect for day or night. All age range. Natural oils and completely natural.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this in strawberry and I think guava. Strawberry is very bright and good for a highlight in the center of the lips. They both are super pretty and definitely add a lot to the lip look. They go on very smoothly although you will have to reapply. They tend to settle into dry, chapped lips just a tad bit, but I find I have that problem with so many lipsticks so it's not a big downside. One downside is the price. I feel it could be a little smaller. I get mine for $5 at my local drugstore. Overall, though, really great product!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I first tried this lip shimmer as a free sample from Burt's Bees. Probably one of the best samples I've ever received!! If anyone's interested you can still request this free sample: http://www.freebiehunter.org/burts-bees-lotion-sample

I've been using this for several months now as I like a bit of colour on my lips but find most lipsticks and glosses, whilst initially moisturising, tend to leave my lips dry and flaky. This is a great all in one, natural product that softens and moisturises as well as a 'proper' lip balm and also adds a lovely natural-looking colour. Use instead of lipstick, apply as often as you want-I find the fig to be the best 'natural' looking colour that i think would suit most skin tones, but I do like 'raisin' for a deeper reddish shade. I'm a natural redhead with fair skin, and find these two shades the most flattering.

on 6/27/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Colour: Cherry. I just love this colour! It's really flattering on me. Feels great, not sticky or thick. Mintiness is nice but it's not my fave feeling, I know lots of girls like it though. Have not tried other colours. Nicer looking than lots of tinted balms out there.

I have tried this in caramel and fig. I like them both. They are good if you want subtle color in a chapstick like formula.

on 4/8/2016 7:23:00 AM

ITS A REALLY REALLY GOOD PRODUCT.TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT

on 7/4/2016 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Have this is the color fig- perfect to add some color to my lips without looking like I'm actually wearing lipstick, also moisturizes, and it's lasted me a long time despite how small the packaging looks!