Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 7/4/2016 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Have this is the color fig- perfect to add some color to my lips without looking like I'm actually wearing lipstick, also moisturizes, and it's lasted me a long time despite how small the packaging looks!

on 6/27/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Colour: Cherry. I just love this colour! It's really flattering on me. Feels great, not sticky or thick. Mintiness is nice but it's not my fave feeling, I know lots of girls like it though. Have not tried other colours. Nicer looking than lots of tinted balms out there.

To Read all 535 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/8/2016 7:23:00 AM

ITS A REALLY REALLY GOOD PRODUCT.TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I wanted to love this because I adore the minty taste and cooling feeling that burts bees balm has, but I finally threw out the rest of my tube today.
PROS:
The retractable tube is nice and it's slim so it fits well in a pocket or your purse.
The minty taste and cooling feeling are great.
The color, cocoa, is a lovely warm neutral brown that worked well with my olive skin.

CONS:
The more I used this the drier my lips got. They were literally cracking after about a week of consistent use.
TOO MUCH SHIMMER. It's over the top and ruins the color for me. It's enough shimmer to migrate all over my face and make my lips look frosty.
The price is a little high for something I would have to follow up with a more moisturizing balm. The whole point is to have it moisturize and tint your lips in one.

At least the packaging was recyclable!

on 3/18/2016 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

COLOR - Cocoa - Fantastic, often mimicking designer brands (this one is like my Bobbi Brown Spun Gold) but with better texture (not gloppy like BB) and natural ingredients. Much more affordable.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love these! I have Guava, Champagne, and Strawberry. They have a peppermint scent feel so soothing and cool. They last for about 3 hours and are moisturizing. The texture is very light and they are so comfy to wear. They apply as a sheer wash of color/shimmer and will look different on everyone depending on their natural lip color. So pretty! Also love the slim packaging.

on 10/2/2015 12:39:00 AM

I love this product. I can feel it conditioning and medicating my lips. It moisturizes well. I have it in a couple colors.

on 7/24/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've used these in champagne, peony and fig. The champagne is very pale and very shimmery, and my opinion it would be good for young preteen girl. The peony is more pinky but it is still definitely packed with shimmer. I like it for an evening or afternoon out, but with that level of shimmer powder it can be a little bit drying. The fig is my absolute favorite. Out of this line it seems to have the least amount of shimmer. In fact in my opinion it doesn't have any. The fig is a very natural color, and very close to my own natural lip shade. I don't find the fig to be drying and I find a suitable for every day wear.
I gave the product a low rating because I think it's a little bit expensive for the small amount that you get. Don't get very much use out of one tiny tube. I would not repurchase the champagne or the peony, but I'm on about my third or fourth tube of the fig.
As someone who doesn't use very much lipstick, I like that this is a gloss but also adds color. It is forgiving and its application and you do not need a mirror to reapply it.
All the ones I have tried have peppermint oil so they feel very tingling and cooling on the lips.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Do not like anything about these.
Did not moisturize my lips.
My lips felt dry and chapped after using this only two days.
Also all the colors were too frosty looking a look I think should stay in the past.

I bought this after asking a lady what brand/color she had on her lips. She replied "Burts Bee's lip shimmer" and added she loved it. I went right out and bought one..As much as I love the frosty pink shimmer (color strawberry), and how it feels..I HATE, HATE, the awful castor oil/peppermint taste. After wearing it just a short time it almost makes me sick. Trying to find the tiny tube (smaller than my pinky finger) in my purse is a pain also..:(