Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers
Burts Bees Lip ShimmersBurts Bees Lip ShimmersBurts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 7/15/2018 11:34:00 AM

These lip products are the best. Great colors that last, moisturizing, smooth, and healthy ingredients, all reasonably priced!

on 3/25/2018 5:40:00 PM

I bought this for a wedding in the shade Peony. For the price, It is a great product. The color is pretty, it smells great, however the formula is kind of grainy. It is easy to ignore though. When you are going for a glam look, it looks gorgeous when you apply it all over the lip and when you are going for a subtle look, it looks bomb when you just apply it on the center of the lip. I would definitely recommend this product if you are really into the natural, but still flawless look.

on 3/23/2018 8:40:00 AM

I have been using these for many years. I really like them, but they are simply not as moisturizing as they could be. However, they come in a variety of pretty shades and add a hint of shimmer and minty fresh taste to the lips. ALL of them are shimmery so if you don't like shimmer be aware.

Apricot is a to die for (as you may have guessed) apricot colour with gorgeous sheen. It is stunning with my red hair and yellow toned skin.

Rhubarb is a nice neutral red than can be sheered out

Peony is a pretty neutral with mauve undertones

Champagne is a soft frosty colour that is nice for highlighting the centre of the lips, touching on the cheekbones for shimmer, or sheering out over lipstick for a subtle effect

Guava is a pretty frosty, 80s or 90s circa Pamela Anderson inspired pretty light pink.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is for the shade Rhubarb I really like this shade, however never cared for the other shades.. they are way too shimmery and frosty. I have been using and repurchasing Rhubarb a while now. Rhubarb is a nice natural mauve nude colour, flattering and great for everyday use. Formula is very natural and moisturising, gives a lovely tingly minty scent which I really like. Packaging is very poor, very tiny and cheap looking. The wind up mechanism usually fails to wind the product back in, also the lid is tiny and fidgety. These combined factors make it easy to damage the lipstick. However they are compact and recyclable. Burt’s Bees could really improve the packaging for this product which is why It lost two stars. It’s a shame because other than the packaging I do love the product itself. It’s $16 NZD in New Zealand which is pricey for the amount you get. I like this for casual daily use, and for it’s moisturising and refreshing properties.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I purchased the lip shimmer in Peony. Absolutely the perfect natural pastel pink/peach color. Spot on neutral. The color is just about the only good thing about this product and why it even got a lippie. The menthol in it actually comes close to burning my lips, not a tingling sensation, but actual burning. It tastes like chemicals and candle wax, the shimmer isn't very flattering, very juvenile looking. I bought it on impulse ($4), having chapped lips one cold day. I was severely disappointed when it did nothing for my lips, they dried out and cracked worse. I threw it in my makeup stash and forgot about it. I tried it again, without chapped lips, because I needed a quick neutral. It was still chemical and burnt my lips, the color was patchy and dried out my lips. It actually dried my skin on my lips so bad, it peeled off with chunks of the shimmering color. The tube is clumsy and ugly. All around Horrid. Over priced. Nothing natural about this stuff, like toxic waste.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Didn't last at all. Greasy. They are no longer cruelty are selling in China where animal testing is still done.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I bought this lip shimmer in Apricot on clearance at Walmart for like $2. I went ahead and bought the last three (kept one and gave the others away as gifts). I love the natural ingredients and the mint zing you get when first applied. It's creamy and a lovely medium peach tone but there's not too much shimmer to it; which makes it a great daytime shade. It doesn't wear too long if you drink anything after application. The two reasons I didn't give it more stars was because it tends to feather if your lips are the slightest bit chapped. Hydration is a must, as is scrubbing any flakes off your lips prior to application. The other reason is the applicator doesn't twist the product back down. Sadly, I wouldn't repurchase based on these reasons.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I first tried this lip shimmer as a free sample from Burt's Bees. Probably one of the best samples I've ever received!! If anyone's interested you can still request this free sample: http://www.freebiehunter.org/burts-bees-lotion-sample

I've been using this for several months now as I like a bit of colour on my lips but find most lipsticks and glosses, whilst initially moisturising, tend to leave my lips dry and flaky. This is a great all in one, natural product that softens and moisturises as well as a 'proper' lip balm and also adds a lovely natural-looking colour. Use instead of lipstick, apply as often as you want-I find the fig to be the best 'natural' looking colour that i think would suit most skin tones, but I do like 'raisin' for a deeper reddish shade. I'm a natural redhead with fair skin, and find these two shades the most flattering.

on 9/10/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this. Light natural color. Moisturizing. Perfect for day or night. All age range. Natural oils and completely natural.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this in strawberry and I think guava. Strawberry is very bright and good for a highlight in the center of the lips. They both are super pretty and definitely add a lot to the lip look. They go on very smoothly although you will have to reapply. They tend to settle into dry, chapped lips just a tad bit, but I find I have that problem with so many lipsticks so it's not a big downside. One downside is the price. I feel it could be a little smaller. I get mine for $5 at my local drugstore. Overall, though, really great product!