Avon Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Avon Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

WATER/EAU GLYCOLIC ACID GLYCERIN ETHOXYDIGLYCOL ISODODECANE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIHEPTANOATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE THIODIPROPIONIC ACID HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER CETEARYL ALCOHOL DIMETHICONE BEHENYL ALCOHOL CETEARYL METHICONE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE 2-AMINO-4,5-DIMETHYLTHIAZOLE HBR LIGUSTICUM CHUANXIONG ROOT EXTRACT MELIA AZADIRACHTA FLOWER EXTRACT PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-3 PUNICA GRANATUM FRUIT JUICE TETRAHYDRODEMETHOXYDIFERULOYLMETHANE TETRAHYDROBISDEMETHOXYDIFERULOYLMETHANE PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) ROOT EXTRACT FOENICULUM VULGARE (FENNEL) FRUIT EXTRACT TOCOPHERYL ACETATE SQUALANE DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER TETRAHYDRODIFERULOYLMETHANE GLYCOL STEARATE GLYCERYL STEARATE PEG-100 STEARATE CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE STEARETH-20 SCLEROTIUM GUM HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER BUTYLENE GLYCOL SILICA DISODIUM EDTA STEARAMIDE AMP POLYSORBATE 60 PARFUM/FRAGRANCE PHENOXYETHANOL TITANIUM DIOXIDE CARAMEL

on 7/27/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this cream at night and am finding it dries my skin out like a Retinol product would. I stopped using it and had to put tons of moisturizer on my face to restore the skin to a non-dry state. The stuff smells horrible-like meth! I will not use again, though I do love many other Avon skin products

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just finished this cream up and I have to say I'm really impressed! I put this on every night and topped it off with my moisturizer. Sometimes I didn't even use moisturizer, this worked quite well on it's own during the summer months for me. I have very acne prone skin, with lots of acne scars. This kept the acne at bay and left my skin so soft and smooth! I saw a bit of lightening to some of my scars also. Now that I don't have any more of the product though, I've broken out with acne across my forehead. So I will definitely stock up on more of this product, because I love the smooth baby soft skin in the morning, perfect for makeup application. And also, it's very rare for me to buy a product again, since I like to try out new things when I'm done, but this is definitely a yes as far as buying again :)

on 8/21/2009 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got the full size tub of this when it first came out. I did enjoy using it but I didn't have enough aging at that time to really notice any major difference. It smelled herbal and reminded me of something Origins would sell but at a fraction of the cost.

I gave the rest of the tub to my Mum and she LOVED it. Her late 40/early50 skin felt pampered and it looked firmer and color was more even.

Now fast forward a few years and some aging later I think I would enjoy it more and notice results. I plan on trying this again.

I don't like the tub but I see that now that have a pump for the day version and tub for the night. I am not sure what they have done to make them different aside from adding an SPF to the day version.

on 8/26/2009 7:31:00 PM

I love this product. My face looks so bright and toned every morning. I can really tell the difference when I use it and when I don't. The smell doesn't bother me at all. The results are well worth it. My skin is very sensitive and I can tolerate this without any problems. It's the only Avon line that my skin can take. Love this and will be using it for years to come.

on 11/9/2009 11:54:00 AM

This product may be discontinued...not sure. I had this laying around and decided to use it up. I applied a thin layer of this and my nighttime moisturizer over it. Wow!!! I woke up with absolutely gorgeous skin, smooth and a glow like no other! I need to go and buy some more before I never see this baby again! Absolutely fabulous. Please use a moisturizer over this at bedtime. This is the key... Smooth, radiant skin. Just a lil bit goes a long way. I wonder if the new formulation is the same....

I didn't give this a 5 because of the smell. The smell isn't great. It's not terrible --I can live with it but I, personally, just don't like it. OTHERWISE, this is a great product! I smooth it on at night (a little dab will do ya!), the next morning my skin is very soft and supple. Personally, I can tell the difference if I don't put it on the night before. I truly like this product and would buy it again.

on 7/9/2009 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Oh my good gracious, Avon. (Who knew?!?!?) I turned 30, and all acne-hell broke loose. I tried retinol, salicylic acid, and alpha-hydroxy products, and even a hideously expensive product (SK-II) derived from fermented yeast (how desperate the search!)--all in an effort to fight the nagging breakouts that tracked my chin, forehead, and jawline. Nothing helped. Retinol products made my skin angry and produced more breakouts, and the acids didn't do a darn thing. Desperate, I leafed through an Avon catalog and came upon this product. I've used it twice daily, every day, for two months, and my skin has never looked or felt better. I've thrown out every other (pretender!) acne-fighter and use this exclusively. I still get the occasional pimple, but they're not as deep, painful, frequent, and lasting as they used to be. Several reviewers have mentioned this, but it's worth repeating. This product should come with a warning: "Brings unsolicited, random compliments." It makes my skin look like airbrushed velvet.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been using this for 2 months now and I'm very impressed. I only found out about it after a coworker started selling Avon and I was flicking through the brochure. They had this on sale but even so, it was pretty expensive. It sounded great though so I did some research and found many positive reviews. I am normally wary of Glycolics because I had a bad reaction to one once, but I decided that if I could find it at a bargain price, I would give it a shot. I easily found a brand new jar on eBay and began using it soon after. I am loving it for evening out my mild skin bumps, taking care of flakies and improving overall tone. It's too soon to say if it's doing much in terms of anti-aging but I am faithfully applying it over pigmentation areas so we will wait and see. (It is vital to use a good sunscreen during the day too).

Pros:
-- great glycolic which delivers noticeable results in a couple of weeks. My skin is definitely smoother and softer
-- decent quantity of cream for your money
-- cream is not too greasy for me and works fine with my combination skin
-- does not aggravate my Seborrheic Dermatitis (in fact I would say it helps) and does not cause breakouts. But please note I do not use this in my acne problem area - my chin.
-- classy dark brown glass jar which looks great in the bathroom!

Cons:
-- jar packaging will not be liked by some and it is not travel-friendly. Avon provide a little plastic scoop to save you from dipping your fingers in it.
-- has that typical Glycolic scent to it. I honestly don't mind it but it may bother some.
-- high price. Do try and get it on eBay to save some cash.
-- leaves my skin a smidge oily when I wake up in the morning. Some may not appreciate this.

This is a winner for me. And I do hope it is not discontinued... (it is still on avon.com). If I could give this 6 lippies, I would!

EDIT: 12 Dec 09 Just received an email back from Avon confirming that this product is now discontinued but will be offered in "the Outlet Flyer for Campaign 01, 2010 while supplies last" (you may wish to stock up). I've been advised that the replacement product is called Anew Reversalist Night Renewal Cream.

I simply love this product and the others in the alternative line. Stinks that it's being discontinued.

The cream leaves my skin soooo smooth and velvety. Wake up with radiant skin:)

I think the best recommendation for a product is when others comment on how great your skin is looking.

I have been getting compliments left right and centre lately on how beautiful my skin looks.

I have been using this products for about 8 weeks. At first I didn't like it for the smell and it made my skin sting. I persevered got used to the smell and the stinging went away.

My skin looks noticably brighter and younger. My pores have shrunk, my skin tone has evened out and my fine lines are disappearing.

I now have a lovely porcelain roses and cream complexion and everybody is noticing.

I have found that application of makeup is easier as my skin is soft and plump, I feel younger and have been told I look like I am in my 30's instead of 40's.

I use this product as my night cream in conjunction and over the top of Avons Advanced Wrinkle Correcter.

Just for interest I use Avon All in one MAX self-adjusting perfecting cream and the eyecream during the day.

This is proving to be a good combination for me and I am seeing great results.

It IS more expensive than some but alot less than others and the great thing about Avon is they always have great specials and that is when you should stock up on these products.

I am very happy with this product.

**UPDATE** 5th September 09, I am seeing great improvement in my skin, fine wrinkles are GONE and my skin is looking fantastic. I get compliments wherever I go.