Aubrey Organics Primrose Tangle-Go Hair Conditioner, Lusterizer, & Styling Spray

No Image

2.5

Not tested on animals

on 2/19/2010 12:18:00 AM

I just bought this before reading the reviews here. I think they must have changed their formula or somthing because someone below review that this has grain alcohol, but my bottle doesn't. According to the bottle I just bought, the ingredients are:

Witch Hazel (natural herbal extract), Deionized Water, Mucopolysaccharides, Organic Lavender Oil, Lanolin, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Panthenol (vit B-5).

As for the scent, it doesn't smell at all like urine to me, like someone mentioned. It have a strong flowery perfumey scent though.

on 12/2/2008 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Works great at detangling my hair and keeping it smooth throughout the day. Price is great at around $8. My complaint , as others have had as well, is the scent of this product. It's horrible (!) and smells like a cross between wet dog and some strong floral chemical. Sadly the scent lasts for hours and is hard not to notice throughout the day. This makes me really sad cause it works very well. Won't buy again unless Aubrey's changes the scent. Giving this a 4 lippie rating only due to the price and the fact that it works great as a detangler so I don't have to use conditioner after I shampoo my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I gave this item a 3 because of the smell...I don't like it. Otherwise, it's very moisturizing. If your hair tends to be on the dry side, it's great to spray on wet/damp hair before styling. Just don't overdo it. It has a tendency to be greasy if you use too much. I would definitely suggest it for a person who has color treated hair.

on 6/8/2008 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have blonde, thin, long hair with a frizzy flyaway problem. As a leave-in/detangler, I think this works better than some other products I have tried and I love the 2-oz. try-me size.

Unfortunately, I do not like much else about this product. I cannot stand the smell of this product and neither can my husband. I have been using the White Camellia Jasmine spray instead, which smells addictive and is less waxy. I will buy the jasmine spray again, but not the primrose spray.

I could not stand the smell of this product. It did not work well either. I did not realize PABA was in it either (very toxic), so I returned it for a full refund. Check out the Cosmetic Safety Database online for more info.

on 5/31/2007 8:10:00 PM

This doesn't work well as a leave-in. Does nothing on that count in fact. But it does work very well as a refresher and to tame late-day frizzies and I love the floral scent which definitely lingers on my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Until now I have loved every Aubrey Organics product I have tried. Unfortunately, I have no love for this one. I am used to using Aubrey's products, so I expect a strong scent, but this one is too much. The first time I used it, I went to work and people gave me weird glances. It smells like urine. I was embarassed all night. I have not used it, again. I did not even find that the detangling worked well. I am disappointed. I would recommend any other Aubrey product, but not this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is another product I have been disappointed with from Aubrey Organics. This product has a strong smell and it doesn't detangle my hair. In fact, it dries the hair even more, due to the grain alcohol. This is a waste of money and I am so mad at myself. This is going to the trash since I can't give it away.

on 1/30/2005 5:50:00 PM

I don't know why I even bothered with this stuff, considering GRAIN ALCOHOL is the second or third ingredient- VERY DRYING! Not too mention the smell- I was expecting lavender or primose, however this stuff REEKS of baby powder. It's very strong and my roommate begged me never to use it again! Overall, it made my hair very dry, smelled awful, and was a waste of money. When I poured it out, I noticed the color was brown!

I love this product -- it works perfectly on my long, babyfine, quasi-wavy, blonde (natural) hair. I used to hate it before I learned to spray about two or three pumps into my palms and then run that small amount through the length of my hair, below the ears. It has a pretty natural scent which will dissapate in a short period of time. I think that people with fine, tangle prone hair would be as pleased as I am, but DO not spray "generously" all over hair or near scalp or you will be dissapointed! I hardly ever use conditioner now except about once a month-- just this product on damp hair. I can not stress how far a little bit goes!