2.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

- Love the cool feeling of the roll-on applicator - Has a slight vanilla taste - Glossy finish - Does not last long - Does not hydrate as well

About reviewer (189 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

Doesn't moisturize lips for long, it makes them dryer after 30 minutes

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 years ago

Wow, I can't believe so many people gave this a negative review! I love this stuff. Recently it's gone on clearance at Meijer for 87 cents, which makes me wary that it's about to be discontinued. I hope not, but I've been buying up every tube I can find on sale because I love it so much. Even the cherry flavor, though I prefer the original. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on my lips since I started using this stuff. Just last week my mom told me I should be a lip model! I do re-apply it quite often, but mainly because I love the way it feels. The roller ball is cool and smooth. (In the winter, I keep it in an inner pocket and it gets warm and feel so good on my lips.) I'm a gloss and lip balm addict, though. I can see how it wouldn't be good for windburn and outdoor activities, you'd probably need something more waxy for that. However, when I first started using this, I had really chapped lips and aside from petroleum jelly/ carmex (which I don't like because it's messy), this was the only thing that helped.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

10 years ago

I use this on top of certain lipsticks that have no shine!!!!! it is very cold and it really helps in the summer! mine is very old and from 3 years ago but i am sure it is about the same! i like this product a lot!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

I've been a Burt's Bees fan for quite some time, but I was out, and the store I was at didn't have any. This stuff looked promising, so I tried it. Like just about everyone else, I was very disappointed. I hate the slick, slipperiness of it (I don't wear gloss, either, largely for this reason). The scent is OK, but I certainly don't love it. But what I really hate is its complete and utter lack of moisturization. I used to have horribly chapped lips, which were made worse by the fact that the roughness would drive me nuts and I'd pick at it or chew it to try and smooth it out (unhelpful, I know), but I haven't had that problem in years. With this stuff, I was right back in that state after about a day. I went through half a tube of this stuff within a few days, due to the constant reapplying, in fainter and fainter hopes of getting some moisturization out of it, but to no avail. The rollerball is kind of neat, but the product itself is so dreadful that I will be tossing what I have left, and will certainly not be buying any more.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

2.0

10 years ago

Like everyone else here, i got sucked into buying this lip balm (?) because of the cool roller-ball. I like how the roller ball is super smooth and it feels cool after you apply it... but i don't like how it disappears about 30 minutes and leaves your lips feeling drier than ever. And the AFTERTASTE EWW, i swear when i apply this stuff, more of it goes into my mouth than onto my lips. I do like the shinyness though and i like to apply this after my normal lip balm for the shine, but by itself? No.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

from

10 years ago

I wish I never set eyes on this product. It does the opposite of what it's supposed to do. It may feel great for the first couple of minutes or so but then your lips rebound to a super dry state. This is all I had one day when my lips were super dry and chapped. I kept reapplying every 2 minutes hoping it would do SOMETHING. It just ended up getting worse and worse. I ended up using body lotion as soon as I could get my hands on some. I've tried this on my lips when they weren't so dry either. Same result. I don't know how they ever started producing this. I mean, really? Wish I could rate this a negative number.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

10 years ago

same like the comment below, I was so curious about the rolling head that it has and OMG, this is really disgusting... I'm trying to think of sth safe and mix the liquid inside this one in order to make a pigmented lip balm... Don't waste your money. With its price, I'm quite sure u can buy 2 Carmex and it works much better.... Thank God it's cheap...

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

10 years ago

Okay, so I was intrigued by the roller-ball packaging and since the product was labeled something to the effect of "super-hydrating" I grabbed it quick, and had high hopes that it would be moisturizing. I couldn't have picked a worse product for taking on a snowboard trip (up in the mountains, cold, dry, air, and sun exposure). It seemed to disappear on my lips (without licking, mind you) in a matter of a few minutes, so I was constantly reapplying, in hopes that a constant layer of the stuff might stay put and do some moisturizing. No such luck. In fact, it dried out my lips even more. I even tried this back in our logde/room away from the outdoor elements, and the effects were the same: it felt nice and cooling (and looked shiny) upon application, but in a few minutes I was right back to where I was before I tried the stuff. Needless to say, I was disgusted with this purchase, and I can't imagine it working well for anyone.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0
from

10 years ago

Actually I used to use this as a lip gloss. I would put on Chapstick, then lipstick then this for a nice shine. I still like it because it gives more moisture than the average lip gloss, has a very convenient package, and tastes nice (slightly like vanilla). While I have moved on to better glosses and balms, I still reach for this once in a while when I want a quick swipe of shine on my lips.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm