2.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

12 years ago

The only thing good about this product is its packaging. It's a cute little frosted roll-on tube with a cap. I bought it this weekend because I went out of town and left all my lip balms/chapsticks at home in my other purses (!). The package claims that it provides "penetrating" moisture "that you can feel." False. The product stays on the surface of your lips with absolutely no penetration of moisture. My lips stayed dry as ever! To use this simply as a gloss would be fine if your lips are not chapped, but as far as performing what it is supposed to, I give it an F.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

13 years ago

This feels so so so nice when you first roll it on, then it goes downhill. It's not sticky and smells good, but that about ends the good points. It stays on for about 5 minutes, and you have to keep applying it. I didn't find that it dried out my lips though, I found it made them very soft. It's probably the reaction to the sunscreen in it ( as someone mentioned before). I can't stand a lip gloss that you have to reapply every 20 seconds, so away this goes. I'd rather pick up some normal lipgloss or some regular blistex, which makes my lips feel a lot better and lasts a lot longer.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

EyesBlue

13 years ago

I just bought my second tube of this product. I use it primarily as a lip gloss. Although I like the look of gloss, I'm not a big fan of the sticky consistancy of most gloss products. Lip Infusion goes on light and glossy and tones down the dry look of the long-lasting lipsticks I'm fond of. When I want to moisturize and protect my lips, I use Aquaphor (night) and Blistex DCT (day). As for the dry, chapped feeling some posters have commented on, I believe they may be experiencing irritation from the sunscreen ingredients in this product. Octisalate, in particular, can cause contact dermatitis in many people, especially on tender areas such as the lips. This lip balm also has a few other ingredients that could cause problems for some folks: Polybutene. A polymer derived from mineral oil and used as a thickener and lubricant. Lanolin: Some people are sensitive to the wool alcohols in lanolin. Hope this helps.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairSilver, Other, Other

3.0

13 years ago

I actually really like this. I also got it for free in a swap, so not having to pay for it helps, lol. Anyway...I do like this; the tube is small and attractive looking, and the metal roller ball feels "cool" and refreshing on your lips, and it smells pleasant. The actually lip balm itself is more like a lip gloss, because it is very liquidy and provides a lot of shine.<br> On their website it says about the Lip Fusion, "The unique liquid formula absorbs quickly to instantly give you soft smooth lips with no waxy feel." So it's not really supposed to stay on your lips for very long, apparently.<br> I guess I must be an oddball or something because I didn't have any problems with my lips feeling chapped afterwards like some of the reviewers here did.

About reviewer (226 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

13 years ago

For a lip balm, this one is horrible! The texture is nice but it does not stay on. It needs to be re-applied every half hour (that is w/o eating or drinking). I paid $2.19, which is not much money but it is a lot considering that it doesn't work when a Bonnebell's LipSmaker is only $1.50.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

13 years ago

At first, I liked Lip Infusion. I liked how the rollerball applicator felt cool against my lips. Unfortunately, I have to agree with other members who said that it made their lips feel chapped afterwards. It works well as a lip gloss, but as a lip balm, it doesn't moisturize very well.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

13 years ago

My sis got this lip 'balm' and I tried it. I regret doing so. This dried out my lips, and left them feeling x-tra chapped. The shine i think was nice, and the smell was ok. But this definatley defeated the purpose that lip balms are supposed to have. To MOISTURIZE!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesHazel

13 years ago

Like most of the other reviewers said, this leaves your lips feeling really dry and chapped after you put it on. It's exactly like the spa lip balms they had (in the 3 pack) except for it's a liquid version. It even smells and tastes the same as one of them. The only reason I've given it a 2 instead of a 1 is that it does smell nice (the original version), and the packaging is a neat idea. I like that it gives some shine to your lips too, although some of the other reviewers didn't like that. In the end though it doesn't moisturize at all and that sort of defeats the purpose of lip balm.

About reviewer (345 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

13 years ago

I just finished using this up. It comes out of a rollerball which I thought would be neat, but when it's really cold, it feels kind of awkward putting it on. It also leaves lips looking really greasy (since it's loaded with jojoba oil I suspect) and if you ever taste this stuff accidentally, you'll be paying for it. It tastes nasty. It also doesn't really do much on my lips at all either - it doesn't feel like it's conditioning when it goes on and it disappears FAST. You really have to keep applying it for it to work. It's nice that it has SPF 15 but that's the only nice thing about it. I'm not giving it a 1 since I only reserve that for products which end up making things worse (this thing didn't really do anything at all).

About reviewer (258 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

13 years ago

I feel like such an oddball. I love this stuff. It smells great, it has a nice taste. I don't really like how glossy it is, so I pat some off when I apply it. I don't have a problem with it drying my lips at all. They feel great and soft.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium