Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion

No Image

2.9

Not tested on animals

Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potato Starch Modified, Hyssopus Officinalis Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Yeast Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Allantoin, Panthenol, Sodium PCA, Bisabolol, Niacinamide, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, Caffeine, Biotin, Phospholipids, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Camphor, Menthol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Oleanolic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Glycerin, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

As someone who's got very oily skin, this product is my saving grace alongside Dermalogica's PreCleanse and Daily Microfoliant. It gently mattifies the skin whilst reasonably hydrating it, and it's a milder product to Dermalogica's Clearing Mattifier (although this stuff's just as outstanding). I find that it really makes my foundation stay in place for a longer period of time without making my skin dry or flaky. It's got a lovely feathery texture, and please please please do not use more than a couple of drops, as you really don't need to and it would be a waste. It lasts around a month and a half, so you should use it sparingly considering its price.

my skin concerns: combination oily, congestion, bumpy skin

I guess this is really a hate it or love it product. This moisturiser seems to be the only one that's working well for me probably cause of the salicylic acid and micro sponges that's in the formula. I've tried various moisturisers that supposedly targets oily/combination skin and unfortunately, most of them have disappointed me real bad. Most of the other moisturisers i've tried tend to leave a greasy film and clog up my pores even more. This one doesn't. The consistency is VERY light and it leaves my skin feeling matte(not like the over-dried matte) and fresh. The only downfall this product has is that it flakes into small white particles but it doesn't bother me as it pretty much does a good job in other aspects. Would really recommend this product to people with congested skin like mine.

on 5/7/2014 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I didn't find this stuff effective at all. It gave a very matte finish when I first applied it but my skin seemed to over-produce oil to counteract the initial drying effect, so I ended up even oilier than usual. Also, for some reason this also made my foundation look orange.....not a good look!

on 11/25/2013 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've finally found something that works for me!

Since I've started using this lotion (along with pre-cleanse, clay cleanser and multi active toner all from Dermalogica):

- The oiliness of my skin has reduced dramatically
- My skin looks clearer, feels softer and MUCH smoother
- My make up glides onto my skin instead of getting clogged up in grease and pores
- Best of all, the shine is much improved!

I've tried so many mattifying moisturisers that made my skin feel tight and didn't even work, this one is in a completely different league!

It is expensive, but you only need to use a small amount (about the size of a 5p coin).

If you are prone to dry patches this might make those worse, but for the T Zone I highly recommend Oil Control Lotion!

on 11/2/2013 11:06:00 PM

Made me produce more oil, balls up on my skin . Weird texture .after I run out never buying again. Very disappointed in this thank god I got it off eBay . And it breaks me out.

on 10/24/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only moisturizer Ill ever use. I have very oily, acneic skin, lots of moisturizers are way too heavy for my skin. This one is nice and light. It controls oil pretty well. Like I said, I have VERY oily skin, so having to blot after a few hours is inevitable. During the winter I tend to get dry spots but when using this product I don't get any at all. Definitely part of my HG skin routine!

I started using this product twice a day then I noticed my skin was so oily it was horrible! So I decided to use it once a day on a morning my skin was still very oily. It seems to me that this made my skin work over time and produce more oil then it should, I would literally be able to wipe my skin and see lots of oil on my fingers. It doesn't really smell bad but I think the texture is werid! Over all I wouldn't buy this again its far to expensive and does not help with oil control at all.

on 6/25/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product actually controls oil. It has salicylic acid to clear comedones and tiny microsponges that soak up oil. If you are truly oily you'll love it - if you're not it may feel too dry. My only complaint is that if you use too much it kind of 'beads up' when you put your foundation on - almost like it's flaking - so the trick is to use the smallest amount possible. Sometimes I just apply it in the T zone and put a diff moisturizer on the rest of my face and neck.

on 6/20/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's called Oil Control Lotion. It didn't moisturize at all and made my face produce grease even faster than usual. Seriously, I look like I've been standing over a deep fat fryer. It's OK all around, not terrible, but it doesn't meet the product claim for me.

Love love love this!!! It actually does what it says!! Before i used this i used to become really oily about 2 hours after my morning cleansing. But with this im pratically oil free all day! Its usually around dinner time that i start to feel a wee bit of oil but nothing compared to what i used to have and also i can only feel it a wee bit, you cant see the oil on the skin, none of that disgusting greasy look i used to have. I will definitely keep buying this. I also use it with the clearing mattifier but thats more of a primer for my large pores as i think this is what really controls the oil out of the two!!