Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Lys

No Image

4.7

on 12/23/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

yes, i agree!! it's been a while now since i finished the last bottle - it was the best smell from Yves Rocher... i don't understand why did they discontinued...

does anyone know, is it anywhere i can find any kind of perfume with the similar smell? Please, help!!! i really loved it so much!!

on 12/26/2007 11:09:00 PM

Tragically, Yves Rocher has discontinued this. WHY? It is gorgeous, a smellalike for Lutens Un Lys (but YR is greener) and Malle's Lys Mediterranee (but FM's has much more gardenia, to the point that it is almost purely a gardenia frag at times). There's a tiny hint of cinnamon in there, as there is in a really summer-ripe stargazer, and this is one of the more lasting of Yves Rochers. The extendor products are great, especially the lotion. Leaves, the rich, almost spicyness of yard lilies, a hint of cinnamon, light vanillic musk at the base, beautiful green glass bottle. Sigh.

on 1/16/2006 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite EDT at the moment. I'm a fan of lillies. I love to buy some lillies and put them in a vase and leave it in my bedroom, just for the lovely smell. No wonder why I love this perfume. I got 2 bottle, one for daily use and one for my car. Yes, I spray it in my car, why not?

on 12/1/2005 6:15:00 PM

I discovered this through MUA, so thank you MUAers! I've always loved the scent of stargazer lilies, but for some reason it never crossed my mind that it would be possible to find this scent in a fragrance. Because Pur Desir de Lys is so inexpensive, I ordered this unsniffed. At first I wasn't convinced - the initial burst is synthetic and smells nothing like lilies. Then suddenly it did, and the scent is very very true and lovely. The lasting power is great without being overpowering - I get wafts of lily all day. As an added bonus, one day I kept smelling something wonderfully inviting and clean (but not laundry detergent chemically clean), and even complimented a friend on her perfume before realizing that the wonderfully clean and inviting smell came from my sweater, which I'd last worn when wearing this fragrance a week earlier. Unfortunately it turns out that Yves Rocher is now discontinuing this fragrance. I've stocked up (hope it lasts!)

on 9/12/2005 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

And I have BasiaS's bottle! I am actually testing this alongside Un Lys at the moment. I'd always scorned Yves Rocher fragrances before--they were always in an ad in the back of the magazine, and they're dirt cheap, so I didn't think they could be any good. But this is almost holding its own against the SL--Un Lys is richer, more complex, while Desir de Lys is definitely greener. But if you love lily and don't have the SL budget, or just if you want something a little fresher, this is very good. Warning--at first it is a little sharp and synthetic, but that aspect vanishes very quickly.

on 8/26/2005 7:08:00 PM

A true, fresh lily fragrance. There is none of the lilac nor creamy vanilla that you find in SL's Un Lys. This is a greener fragrance, truer to the real flower. Many would not even consider it because of its low price, but like the other Pur Desir fragrances that I've tried, these are excellent florals that stand up and often surpass many pricier fragrances out there. I would not repurchase only because I'm not a huge floral fan, but I think that if you like lilies, and if you like good fragrances, you should give these a try.