Essie Thigh High

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Like the name, this colour is sexy. Thigh High is a gorgeous, blue based wine red. Dark and vampy whilst still being a clear red shade, this type of colour is classic, elegant and extravagant. Thigh High has a subtle shimmer within the polish, giving the shade a slight metallic edge, and a glow from within. This colour would be flattering on all skin tones. It is one of those classic, universal shades. The formula is excellent, two coats is all that is needed to reach full opacity. While the first coat applies a bit sheerly and a bit streakily, things completely even up in the second coat. The second coat is completely opaque and does not apply with streaks or patches. It is a self-levelling polish. It dries quickly and to a shiny finish and lasts for around 5 days with base and top coat. I would highly recommend this colour.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like the paint on an extremely expensive car :) Very subtle shimmer, only visible in the right light. Two coats is perfect... It's very similar to Bordeaux in colour, just different because this has the metallic sheen to it and it's more opaque than Bordeaux. A very classy dark, wine red.

Not sure how I feel about the sheen yet, I normally prefer jelly finishes. But it's definitely very pretty and festive, could easily see myself wearing this to parties both in the holiday season and outside of it. The sheen is subtle enough not to make me uncomfortable wearing it. Not the dreaded eighties/nineties frost ;)

Edit: it's only the second day but it's already looking less lustrous... Maybe a glossy extra layer op topcoat would help. I don't know what it is, but there is something about it that makes me not like it. It's a bit too harsh, I think, and it's not really dark red but more purply, a proper burgundy. For some reason I find it looks quite gorgeous when I'm wearing black, but any other colour doesn't suit with this. It's very metallic-y and it doesn't have that juicy quality that a lot of Essie polishes seem to have and I've come to love. It's pretty but not the one for me... I prefer Bordeaux and A-list.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Thigh High is a stunning bold ruby-red color that is timeless,classic and always looks sophisticated. Thigh High looks amazing on my fair/cool skin, this is one of those colors that will look great on everyone. This bold color is one of my favorite dark colors along with Bordeaux and Fishnet Stockings.

I absolutely love vampy burgandy/red colours, so it was no wonder I was drawn to Thigh High, which fits that description perfectly. This rich, burgandy/red shade is described by Essies website as a Festive Glistening Garnet and I think they have it pretty spot on as it is a beautiful jewelled tone. It is also vampy without being too dark, as in it doesnt lean towards black like some very deep shades do, it is a definite red. This makes it a sophisticated colour for all occassions, and means it still looks professional in work situations. As other reviewers have described, Thigh High does have shimmer running through it (albeit subtle shimmer) but this does give it a gorgeous glowy quality. I have no problem seeing this fine shimmer on my nails from quite a distance away, but it is definitely a lot more subtle than the shimmers that OPI and China Glaze spoil us with. I have not experienced any problems with this polish being streaky to apply, in fact I find it glides on very evenly. It is opaque in one coat, but this gives you more of a raspberry red shade, unlike the vampier deeper shade you get with two coats. I seem to have great luck with Essie polishes lasting on me, and Thigh High is no exception, lasting for 4 5 days. I know i will be using this colour over and over again (particularly in fall and winter), and I will definitely re-purchase should I ever run out.

Thigh High is a really pretty red along the same lines as OPI's I'm Not Really a Waitress and Sinful's Airy. INRAW is a little darker, IMO, and not as shimmery or complex. I change my polish every day so I don't normally get to comment on wear and tear, but after doing my nails this morning and then going about my day I've noticed I already have chips and tip wear. And that's after a generous coat of SV and lots of drying time. I don't have much experience with other Essie polishes but based on other reviews it seems this is par. I have several other colors in my collection that are pretty similar, so I'm not sure I'd but it again, but it is a pretty shade.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Thigh High is a stunning deep wine red with subtle red shimmer. Coverage is pretty good - one coat is almost enough, but not quite.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the perfect blue-based, medium-red, with a red/silver pearl. Not really what I would call vampy exactly, it's not bright either. It is a wonderful subtle red that would wear perfectly through out the Christmas holiday.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Elegant shade of dark red (ruby) with cool/blue-tones. Truly classic and not too vampy. Wonderful for my pale PPP hands. Perfect Essie quality and applies lovely. With After Sex one of my favorites for going out or big events.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a gorgeous deep, vampy, shimmery red, a classic if you ask me. The shimmer is very subtle so in regular indoor lighting, the polish just looks pearly and shiny. The application was a little gloopy, but I got my bottle in a swap, so maybe I just need a couple drops of thinner to make it all better. If you like classic reds, this is a must-have.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Great classic deep, vampy red. Mostly wear it on my toes. It looks really sexy with a pair of black or white peep toe pumps, at least my boyfriend thinks so.

Popular Polishes