4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

If it was possible to give Queen of Hearts a higher rating I would! This soap is reeeally nice. While it resembles another LUSH soap (Bohemian, that is lemony based), this one has a soft natural rose scent which delicately lingers. It looks like a cross between a clear glycerin soap with chunks of cocoa butter goodness added in. The texture is so creamy, leaving my skin smooth and feeling nourished. I mostly use this to wash my hands as it helps soothe dryness and cracking I get in cold weather. Having skin sensitivity issues most of my adult life, I've never been someone to use harsh soaps on my face, however I make an exception with Queen of Hearts.... it's that pure and gentle. Afterwards, I apply LUSH Celestial moisturizer (face and neck) and my skin actually feels satiny smooth like a rose petal. While only available online, I plan to repurchase... hoping LUSH keeps this winner around permanently, even if it is retro stock!

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 years ago

This is a body soap that LUSH touts as being safe enough to use on the face if you must. I never used it to wash my face, so I can not attest to it's benefits. However, it is a gorgeous, soft soap to cleanse with. The smell is divine. Just a wonderful scent of simple roses. Nothing too strong, but very fresh and pleasant. If you like rose scents at all, you will like this. The soap itself is cleansing while being very soft and non-drying at all. I would definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (325 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

For dry skin there are mostly cream and milk cleansers available. Although I know they are not necessary, I love the nice clean feeling suds give. I feel fresh and clean and not overly dry after using this facial soap. My only complaint is that I wish it wasn't a retro item because I rarely place online orders from Lush.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

11 years ago

This is a very soft, simple and delicate soap, which I use for the face. It has very soft rose scent. It leaves the skin clean, but I always use an oil makeup remover first since I use strong sunscreens. I felt clean and ever so slightly tight. I am combo skin. I dont think this is a good choice for dry skin girls. Great choice though for oily and combo skins. Definite Rebuy. Sadly I have to buy it online as I dont think retro luch is sold in stores.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

11 years ago

I don't know why every one is saying that this is discontinued. I just bought a bar of it 3 days ago online. I love it! takes off make up and is hydrating with out being greasy. I LOVE that lush only packages what they have to, and everything else is in recyclable containers.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

11 years ago

leaves skin very clean and tight. My skin felt very tight and a bit dry, and has that sort of residue feeling that glycerine sometimes leaves on the skin.

About reviewer (659 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

11 years ago

I bought this on a whim. I'm partial to Fresh's Soy Facial Cleanser to take care of all my mug-cleansing needs... but once and a while, a good ol' bar of soap is good. Sometimes seems necessary! When I do get the urge to get out the bar, I normally turn to L'Occitane's Milk & Shea Butter Extra Gentle Soap. Doesn't dry out my face. But, at $7.00 for a teeny bar... eh. Luckily, I hoarded enough from a hotel to last me a year and a half! When I saw that LUSH had a facial bar, I decided to give it a go. WOW. It's perfect. Nearly as beautiful and perfect as say... if I had a child. Those moments when you first meet that brand new little baby. Yes, I'm overexaggerating... but not really. It has the most delicate rose scent. It's so gorgeous, it's the real thing. I consider myself a connoisseur of rose scents. I own ONE rose-scented perfume, and that's because it's the only one that smells like the real thing and isn't bogged down with other garbage (I can't tell you how many I've purchased, either. It's not that I can't, it's that I won't. I'm slightly embarrassed.). The best part is that it's scented with rose absolute and pulverised rose petals, not some phoney-baloney chemical rubbish that was concocted in a laboratory. No palm oil! That's a plus... It's a very oily soap. Mainly consisting of cocoa butter. It also has violet leaf absolute (good for the skin!), as well as geranium oil, sweet almond oil, a lovely vanilla pod infusion and a whole lot of glycerine (which is an excellent humectant). Sounds like it wouldn't be friendly for those with oily skin, or those who are prone to clogs and acne breakouts... but it's quite the opposite! Sorta how cold cream can be therapeutic to those who break out and such. It takes off every bit of makeup, and does so without leaving a parched, tight face. Everything feels fresh and refreshed, very moisturised! A little goes a long way. I slice off small bits of the bar, and use that to wash my face... those little bits last for several washes! I love this soap so much. Why does LUSH have to do this limited edition thing?!?! They should seriously leave this in place with the rest of their cleansers. In fact, I think it's much better than some of the cleansers they have in their roster.

About reviewer (173 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesGreen

15 years ago

A great cleanser for dry skin- this comes in bar form, and smells lightly of roses. I find this to be an excellent cleanser because as a bar, it lathers right up and is extremely convenient. It's also very gentle on dry skin.

About reviewer (861 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

16 years ago

Why oh why was this discontinued? The smell is so lovely and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean! I only use it a few times a week so that I can make it last! BTW, I have comination skin!

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

18 years ago

i love this one! it more than made up for the disappointment of the fresh farmacy soap. it lathered well, and one small bar will last for a very long time. it has a geranium scent, but its not too strongly perfumed for a facial soap. it removed all of my makeup, except for waterproof mascara (i didnt expect it to.) it rinsed off squeaky clean. it might be too stripping for someone with dry skin. i have combination skin.

About reviewer (832 reviews)

Age19-24