Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), Panthenol, Glycerin, PVP, Triethyl Citrate, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, PEG 40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

It comes in a clear plastic bottle which is good since you are able to see how much of the product is used. The product is in gel formulation which appears to be thin. It seems to work ok. Yet it is hard for me to judge the hold qualities since I do not have any major issues with my eyebrow. No color, no smell. The applicator is bit thick, but I would have preferred a slightly thinner one as my eye brows are not very thick.
Not sure if I will be repurchasing. Probably not since it seems to work same as Tweezerman Mousse but I prefer the latter for a nicer texture.
Not found my perfect brow setting product yet.
----------------------
Must say that the gel used to work better at the start. After I have used 2/3 of the tube it got very thin and hardly kept the hairs in place.

I needed a grow gel in a pinch, so I picked up this Ardell one at the drugstore.
It holds my brows in place, but not exactly all day long. By the end of the day, they either need a touch up, or I'd better hope I can take off my makeup by then! However, it doesn't make my brows feel hard, or crusty like some gels do, so I like that.
Sometimes the brush will pick up some of my brow color and transfer inside the tube. Mine is supposed to be clear, but it's turned the same color as my brow color, due to transferring color to the gel itself. But, it's not opaque, so it doesn't look horrid like some colored brow gels do, it looks the same as it did when it was clear!
All in all it's not too bad, I'd repurchase if I couldn't find anything better!

on 11/2/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been using Ardell Brow Gel in clear for years now. It is one of the few products I can purchase here in Australia that is reasonably priced – you can pick this up at Priceline for around $6.
Pros:
- Easy to apply;
- Lasts all day;
- Doesn’t flake;
- Applies over brow colour product without disrupting it, e.g. brow pencil and powder;
- Gives brows a slight sheen;
- Controls even the most unruly of eyebrows;
- Exceptionally cheap.
Cons:
- With daily use, a tube doesn’t last all that long – after about six weeks or so, the consistency changes a little, and becomes more runny. However, this doesn’t affect the performance of the product for me personally, but it may bother some people.
- It can disrupt your foundation/face powder a little around the edges of the eyebrow – I find this to be the case at the inner edge of the brow (near the nose) and at the tail of the brow – I remove the excess with a cotton bud (Q tip), then blend out any disrupted makeup with either a microfiber cloth or a slightly damp makeup sponge.
Application:
I have personally found the best way to apply this is to first brush the gel into the eyebrows ‘against the grain’ – in the opposite direction of hair growth, then use the brush to go over the eyebrows lightly and put them back into place – this adds a little more volume to the eyebrow, and prevents that ‘slicked down’ eyebrow effect these products can sometimes create. I then finish shaping the brow with a regular eyebrow brush/comb.
I have been using this product for years now and will continue to purchase it.

Popular Brows Products