Jane Iredale More Lip - Lip Plumper

2.7

Not tested on animals

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was not at all impressed with this product. I felt it did not do what it said (plump lips). It did have a good taste. It did not last long, and left my lips feeling dry.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I actually have had a different perspective on this product. I do agree that it does not have the plumping effect that some of the other products do, but I do like the effect that it has. The minty smell is no more offensive than others that I have smelled, and I sorta liked it. There is a slight warming sensation with this product. I did not see that my lips inflated to that of Meg Ryan's but I did notice with continued use that my lips appeared smoother, and slightly plumper. Overall, I like the product. I found out that it is in Jane I's regular glosses, and so I use these on a regular basis. I have purchased again, and will continue to use. If anything, it has helped with the winter dry flaky lip thing I usually have right now. I agree that the packaging stinks, but I guess that when I develop my own cosmetic line in my next life, I will remember that...

From Jane Iredale site:
"This is no ordinary lip plumper the ingredients contained in this product time release so that as one wears off, the other begins making sure that lips stay plumper longer.

More Lip also conditions and moistens lips in a way you havent felt before. Spearmint and peppermint oils, in combination with ginger root extract, to help to stimulate blood circulation making lips fuller, la Meg Ryan and Julia Roberts. You can actually feel More Lip working as it provides a slight, refreshing tingle."

Well...it does tingle. Glosses your lips slightly, but I don't notice any real plumping. The taste of spearmint is strong and gets really unpleasant after awhile. I combined More Lip with JI lipstick and the taste together was awful and lasting. Like stale spearmint gum you've been chewing for way too long.

The thing I find most annoying about this is the packaging - a small, tin pot with a tin cap that is incredibly hard to get off the base. Ridiculous.

I've not tried any other lip plumpers, so I can't compare. This one was not impressive, however. Would not purchase again.

Top Rated Lip Treatments