Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford Skin Softening Cleanser ( aka Nettoyant Adoucissant)

3.2

I was disappointed with the negative reviews on the actual skin care line. That's NOT to say that I DON'T have any gripes about Meaningful Beauty. The price is very expensive, the automatic withdrawals have got me in more hot water with the bank, and I don't like when they automatically send you a whole new set. But I'm not going to go under all the products and revuew them all because I can do that right here.
*** Background information on my skin. Growing up I was the butt of many horrible joke's in school. I had very bad acne and oily skin, to the point of where I was given tar soap to wash my face with. It was painful to go to school and be picked, to the point of where I would go home and cry. No matter what I did or what ever the Dr gave me for my face, only made it worse and they product's smelled bad. Later on "Proactive" stepped onto the scene. And it worked! I got married and started my family. I used Proactive into my middle 20's, maybe 26 years old. From there my hormones and skincare needed a different story. (Yes, Proactive works! Thank Goodness!). Then came Mary Kay Cosmetics. For years until they merged the line with cleanser, toner, ect all in one and called it, "Timewise". That's when it was time to find another skincare line. I don't like when company's do that, change the formulation. That made my skin freak out again. I had happen to see an infomercial of Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty. And besides the complaints above-mentioned, I love the line. There were a few years where I couldn't afford it, so I started to use Boots No.7 Skincare products "Protect And Profect". They are a very second runner up. However I still loved my Meaningful Beauty." ***
So, at 45 years old, 46 in September. I am an avid "Meaningful Beauty" user!
- The Cleaner, is creamy & it doesn't need water and doesn't foam. I use it in the AM and 2x's in the PM. (Once to remove all the makeup and second, to make sure my pores are clean, before I put the moisture on my face, and I would always do this with any cleanser I used.)
- Then the Ultra Lifting And Filling Treatment. It's almost clear and goes on very smoothly. You can see and feel a very noticeable lift to your face.
-The Glowing Serum. Peachy and rich feeling. It does give you that glow. Not greasy, but glowing.
- Antioxidant Daily Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 20. This is a nice lightweight moisturizer for the daytime with a built-in SPF. It's also creamy and the color is white.
-Lifting Eye Crème-Advanced Formula. It's white and creamy and I use it in the AM and PM. This gets lightly dabbed on and around your eye area. I along with my husband and family have seen a noticeable difference in my eye area.
-The Wrinkle Smoothing Capsules, I use only at night. Now the capsules are purple and inside is a white cream with oil. I use around my gowl lines, crows feet, lines on my forehead. It is a very light feeling, it doesn't give you a greasy feel. Or I wouldn't use it!
- Skin Brightening Decollete And Neck Treatment Broad Spectrum SPF 15. This is also a white, silky smooth cream for your neck and decollete area. It has an SPF and I use it AM and PM, although I don't need an SPF at bedtime. L. I LOVE this product! No Turkey neck here!
-Crème De Serum. Everything in one, so it doesn't take up much time. This is used in the PM only. It has the Night Crème And The Glowing Serum in it. It's grand and white intertwined in a see through bottle.
~ And there you have it. There are other Creme's available for whatever other needs you have. I have seen a good change in my skin, as does my family, friends and the people that I work with.. to strangers. My skin gets compliments where ever I go. I don't look 45 years old, that's for sure. My skin doesn't feel oily or dry. After everything I have told you about me and my skin, I am happy with the product itself! I always come back to these skin care products. I am smart now and buy them from Ultra. I hope my story can help someone else there. That's WHY I keep doing these reviews on MakeupAlley. I know what I've been through mentally and emotionally because of my skin, and I have nothing to prove to anyone but myself. But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is mine. I wish you the best of luck! ☺

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have tried the Meaningful Beauty collection (when it first came out, and the latest and improved products), and after giving it at least 2 months +, I can say that for my skin, it did not produce the results as promised. There was no firming effect, very little, if no, wrinkle reduction and I ended up breaking out (which I rarely do).

My skin is not sensitive, so to have a skin care line be so problematic for my skin, it's rare. I find it hard to write an individual review for each skin product, since I used the entire skin care line together, which were: Cleanser, day and night cream, creme de serum, eye cream and wrinkle smoothing capsules.

The one product that worked fairly well was the neck and decollete cream. I noticed a bit of improvement, but not so much that I would purchase again. There are so many anti-aging products out there that work so much better.

To Read all 62 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a wonderful line. I've tried them all! My last line was Dr. Hauschka, but it's so expensive and I was not seeing great results. I switched to the Lancôme Genefique line and I got a lot of results, but the minute I stopped using it, my skin went back to it's old feel. I saw the infomercial and I ordered it without first reading any reviews, which is unusual for me. I was immediately in love, but I had to use it for several months to really see any lasting results. I have the entire line now, the cleanser, the toner, the day cream, the night cream, the décolleté cream, the eye cream, the glowing serum, the eye capsules, the facial scrub, and the mask. I absolutely love all of it. I use it in conjunction with my Clarisonic and my skin has never been so beautiful and wrinkle free. My only complaint is that it's hard to get the last drops of product out of those hard plastic bottles, and I bought the mini travel sized set when I travelled and the cleanser broke. I now know that I will have to decant from my larger bottles into the soft travel ones rather than to buy the small ones from the company.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cleanser is ok, but it's a Cetaphil knock-off. It's not meant to be a lathering type of cleanser and as a big fan of Cindy Crawford's for many years, I know that she has mentioned how much she loves Cetaphil. She modeled this product after it, so in my opinion, save yourself the money and buy the Cetaphil non-lathering cleanser and it will work just as well.

I too was roped into the automatic billing and shipping of this product years ago and spent a lot of money on it without results, but since they have added new products, I figured I would try again and ordered the package on eBay and you know what? It's a very confusing skin care line! All you should need is a gentle cleanser, a night cream, which I use the serum for, a daytime moisturizer with spf, an eye cream, and if you want a treat...sure, throw in a mask. But, when you give me a product called "glowing serum" with no real indication of when to use it, you lost me. Is it used in the daytime or night time? Alone or under make-up? After moisturizer or before?

Also, the little capsules meant to smooth lines around the eyes and laugh lines. How often do I use? Again, before or after moisturizer?

Overall, I see no difference in my skin. Save yourself the money. Besides, years ago Cindy admitted to Botox, fillers and Vitamin B12 shots. Unless you do that too, don't think there is any miracle in this skin care line. Your skin is not the same as some melon they grow on the mountains of France.

I tried this product the face wash would not take off my make up. I never had acne as soon as I started using the product I broke out badly. The night time cream made my face breakout in red spots. I called to return the product that may I remind you You have to pay for they shipped out a new shipment and doubled charged my account! The product and company are just horrible. I have used may products over the years and this was the worst product ever. DONT USE!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ordered direct from the website the $39.95 "trial" packages. I was shocked when they finally arrived (which took over 3 weeks because it was on "back order" which no one bothered to tell me about).

I thought these would be full size products for you to "try" at a special price. BEWARE - they are NOT full size. They are about 1/2 size of the full-size product.

In addition, you will automatically be signed up for a 90 day shipping. I immediately called them once I discovered that and, hopefully, my account has been cancelled.

Product is just OK. Nothing great and certainly not worth approx. $40 for a little travel size pack of "stuff." Complete and utter fraud with this company.

BEWARE and be forewarned.

I have nothing positive to say about this product. I purchased it, used it and see no good results what so ever.... Not only does this product NOT deliver results but the 39.99 offer they give you when you buy this, is not actually 39.99. They end up charging you about 150.00 bucks, BUT by the time you figure out thats what they are doing, its too late to return the product and get your money back. VERY misleading company. I've always loved Cindy Crawford but now I hold her just as responsible for misleading me as I do That Guthy Ranker person. I feel completely scammed and these people should be ashamed of themselves. So, if you want to spend 150.00 to try out a new product, then go for it but, its in no way worth it!!!!! Spend the 150.00 to go see a real Dermatologist and get REAL, LASTING results!!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm finally running out of my Meaningful Beauty products and can say that I somewhat enjoy this cleanser, but not at the cost of buying the other products. I'll switch to something else when I run out. Several times now in my travel case this bottle has leaked--yuck! I rather like putting it on before getting my face wet, and it does seem to clean, but I also use St. Ives scrub to remove dead skin cells (without that, this product is inadequate). If it were less $ and available solo I might buy it again, but as it stands, no thanks.

Meaningful Beauty is the worst product out on the market!! Thick, gloppy, and pasty. Then as it soaks into your pores you feel a slow buring sensation. It is just so completely awful. I actually threw it away. I have NEVER thrown anything away before.

Absolutely awful!!

This is a great cleanser for a person with sensitive or dry skin. It leaves skin feeling soft and clean. It also rinses very well. The texture is a thin, lotion-type cleanser. It doesn't lather up. Skin does not feel tight or dry afterwards. I have oily skin, and it did not control oil very much...but it didn't promise to control oil anyhow. This is very gentle cleanser and I would recommend it for anyone with sensitive skin or young skin. I cannot comment on the price because it was gift. The packaging is nice, the bottle reminds me of a small shampoo bottle. I would buy it, but I wouldn't pay top dollar for it.