OPI Gargantuan Green Grape

OPI Gargantuan Green Grape
Gargantuan Green Grape

3.0

The formula is thin and watery, and I needed 4 coats for opacity. But it held great and didn't chip for almost a week. I am not really a fan of the color though...

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this OPI polish! The colour of gargantuan green grape is beautiful although not very grape-like. I have not been able to find a single dupe for it and aside from a nice mint green polish this one is my all time favourite!

The formula on this polish however is horrendous. It's streaky and only completely opaque after 4-5 coats, and that is only after you get the hang of applying it. I found that as it got older and thicker and then thinned out with OPI's nail polish thinner it seems to be less streaky.

Because of the sheer number of coats needed your mani can become quite thick and can be difficult to dry.

I find that the colour is a bright green which leans slightly yellow and not really mint, although I've seen it look very mint on some people. Maybe different skin tones bring out slightly different elements of this polish. I've also read that after a while it can begin to go blue and the formulation and shade can be slightly different (it's been in OPI's range for a good number of years).

It's hard to say definitively whether or not is purchase again as the formula is horrible but it's a very hard colour to find an exact dupe for and it's my favourite green polish.

That being said I've been told That's Hula-rious! by OPI is meant to be exactly the same with a better formula, only requiring 2-3 coats, so my advice would be to get a bottle of that if you already own this and try that instead

on 6/30/2015 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The clour of this is so beautiful! Very good summery however the formula is a streaky mess. 4 coats of polish were needed just to get the clour to build up properly.THEN it chipped in 1 day! I polished my nails in the morning, went to work & my nail polish was chipping & peeling of it looked terrible. Horrid!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the color of this polish, but it is such a pain to apply. It's thin, watery, and streaky. I usually takes me 3 coats to get it opaque. I won't buy this polish again

on 5/19/2014 4:46:00 PM

Looking at this color in the bottle, I absolutely love it! It's a gorgeous light green, unlike any other OPI I have in my collection. However, the formula is a streaky mess! To reach opacity, I have to layer at least 4 coats of this polish on! And that's not counting a base and top coat! So by the time you get 6+ layers of polish on, it's almost guaranteed that the polish is going to peel of in sheets! So aggravating after spending all that time painting them! I have tried layering it over a white base, which seems to work a bit better, but still it takes just as many coats. I am a huge fan of OPI, and I wish this polish could have lived up to the expectations I had for it! I love the ProWide Brush and the classic OPI bottle, but I would not repurchase this color.

on 4/16/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this applied as an OPI Gel Color and it is a pale green.
It goes on super thin and we needed 3 coats to make it look right.

VERY strange coverage.

on 3/13/2014 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lovely colour, one of the worst polishes ever to apply. Streaky, thin, watery, takes 3 coats.

on 9/21/2013 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the blue version at my local grocery store. I will not repurchase.

on 8/23/2013 10:22:00 AM

This color is absolutely beautiful after a few coats. It does come on quite sheer at first, so I find depending on how heavy you want the colour you may need 2-3 coats. I didn't find it too streaky. For me, the biggest shock was seeing how much the colour brings out the red in my skin. I felt when I first applied it that my hands looked very red in comparison which made me sad. But after a few days getting used to it I absolutely adore it.

I got quite a few compliments on it, it is very bold. To me, the name really doesn't represent it. It's a very beautiful heavy mint shade rather than anything grape like.

I bought this on a whim because I wanted to try pastel colours. I don't regret it.

on 8/3/2013 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this polish, as with all OPI polishes it applies smoothly and dries very quickly. When I purchased the bottle about six months ago, it was light creamy green. However, for whatever reason, the color is changing and now it is a cool mint--almost bluish toned creamy pale green. I don't understand it, but I really like it. I have also noticed in Ulta that some of the GGGs look almost blue, and others are definitely light green. Pigments in the formula must change over time or something. The application is streaky and needs two patient coats to be opaque. When it is opaque, it's gorgeous.

Popular Polishes