LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1
LUSH Cosmetics' Godiva solid shampooGodiva Solid 2 in 1

3.9

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

I am SO GLAD that I converted to Lush products!

Hair situation prior to LUSH:
Long, thick hair with terribly dry ends. Knotted often. Hair around the scalp would get oily quickly in comparison to the rest of my hair. It would get flat within 2-3 days.

It seemed like I tried every product I could get my hands on, from sulfate free shampoos, different types of conditioners and Japanese hair oils to try and salvage my hair. But nothing worked until I started using this bar!!! It is a damn miracle.

Now, I don’t have to worry about it ever being tangled. It brought so much shine to my hair, I feel like a new person. The scalp area still feels good and looks clean for days. My ends are still dry but this has made it bearable to touch. The smell is also ridiculously fantastic. It doesn’t stick to the hair very long but I don’t care because when I walk into my bathroom, it always smells like a basket of fresh lavender. It’s amazing!!!!!!

4 stars because while it is a life saver, it really is a huge inconvenience to use and keep dry.

Smells like a bowel movement squashed through a drain in the shower with the hot water turned on full blast - honestly. It would not buy this again. Another smell analogy is a pooey smell that’s been left in the toilet bowl - dried, and not scrubbed off. I no like. No thank you. Nope nope noooope.

on 5/21/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a lovely little round shampoo bar! The first bar of the brand I've tried, it has a wonderful jasmine scent that perfumes my hair in an astonishingly seductive way (my boyfriend is amazed!). If you happen to have dry hair like me and are using it, I would definitely recommend using either a conditioner that is more moisturizing or some kind of styling cream for your hair after you get out of the shower, because I've found that it's not nourishing enough on its own.
My personal routine is this shampoo bar, as well as an apple cider vinegar rinse as a clarifier. Finally I apply either Peach Mama hair oil from Haus of Gloi or LUSH's RNB to the ends of my hair and then comb out tangles with a wide-toothed comb.
I have naturally frizzy hair and my friends now comment on how nice and straight it looks. I would definitely buy this product again, but first I would like to test out some of the other shampoo bars by the company.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the first shampoo bar I ever tried from lush, and it remains my all time favorite shampoo bar until today. It made my hair so soft and smooth, and the conditioning bits actually work. It doesn't dry out my hair like some other lush shampoo bars, and it's something I can use everyday. It also lasts around 4-5 months with daily usage, so it's really good value for money. I'm not someone who is bothered by the scent of the shampoo bars; some people might find the jasmine scent overwhelming, but I felt it was ok, since I really like the scent, and I didn't feel it was overpowering. The only downside to this bar is that the conditioning bits don't melt at the same rate as the rest of the bar, so some small bits remain as you finish using it up, and they don't lather up so its not much good to use them. However, this doesn't really bother me, and this shampoo bar is always a constant in my hair care.

on 2/5/2017 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I am actually on the fence about whether to repurchase this (left as a yes), it smells amazing and cleanses my hair without drying it. I love the shampoo bar form too. The issue I have is that my roots get oily too quickly with this shampoo. I know it's a shampoo/conditioner combo but I have very dry ends so I use a conditioner after. I have tried just conditioning the ends of my hair but my roots still get oily too quickly forcing me to wash my hair more often than I am comfortable with (I try to stick with every 2-3 days). I give this a 3.5 and may repurchase.

on 1/10/2017 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I am tired of getting caught up in beauty products conspiracy theories that malign ingredients without understanding them. It used to be that those entities claiming certain ingredients were dangerous or low quality, were marketers for competing brands. So many of the tried-and-true products we loved (i.e. Noxzema) got such a bad rap from those with competing agendas, we became "afraid" of them. Unfortunately, now that anyone and everyone has a "voice", people continually "parrot" whatever is programmed into their susceptible psyches, without any rationale. I had been told by hair care "experts" that the sufactant in Lush shampoo bars was too "harsh" for color-treated and/or dry hair...I was supposed to stay away from a $12.00 shampoo that lasts for months, and instead pay $30.00 for a shampoo that lasts 3 weeks. For years I've been a "sulfate-free" or co-wash adherent, and my hair was its usual self. There was nothing magically good about sulfate-free, nor did it hurt my hair. I got bored with the limited selection of "sulfate-free" stuff, and I hate the mentholated smell of most sulfate-free cleansers. (I'm old enough to remember how wonderful it felt to use Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific and Flex. What happened to great-smelling stuff?) The incredibly beautiful scent of Godiva inspired me to look beyond propaganda and give this shampoo a try. I LOVE it! It's amazing how much of an antidepressant a beautiful fragrance can be. I don't even need conditioner with Godiva...and this is the ONLY shampoo I've ever used that I don't need detangler/conditioner afterwards. My hair is left soft, clean, gorgeous-smelling, and thick. My husband loves the fragrance of this. I see him take huge whiffs, while half-closing his eyes, and smiling. If anything, this shampoo seems less harsh on my hair than most of the shampoos I've tried in the past few years. It definitely smells the best! The only downside to LUSH hair products is that it took me so long to try them! And I blame my own gullibility in light of propaganda. Some people might get contact dermatitis, etc. from some ingredients. My sister gets hives from Ivory soap, but she uses everything LUSH makes without any issues. Even EWG can't find anything sinister to say about the properly-used ingredients in Lush Godiva shampoo.. Sure, anyone can be allergic to anything at any time, but, for the most part, as long as you don't eat it, Godiva will likely do your hair far more good than bring any harm to it. This may fade salon and/or standard peroxide/ammonia haircoloring, but it definitely does not fade henna or strip my hair of moisture.This has a creamy, soft lather that rinses easily and it leaves my scalp feeling fresh, but not dry. I color my hair with henna and Godiva brings out the outstanding shine without stripping the red at all. People stop me in the street to compliment my hair, and I have friends copying exactly what I do, so they can have hair like mine! Never in my life has this happened before.

on 9/8/2016 5:52:00 PM

This is probably the worst shampoo bar I have tried from LUSH so far. I tried it on my greasy scalp (but dry ends), and my mom tried it on her dry hair. We both hate it. The only reason I'm giving it two lippies is because there are some good ingredients in Godiva.

The scent is REALLY strong, and this is coming from someone who loves to bathe in perfume. You either love it or hate it. It lathers well - just like every shampoo bar from LUSH because they all contain SLS - and is easy to use. However, it didn't do anything positive for our hair. It dried my hair out (especially the ends), which is insane since my scalp drives me crazy. It also dried my mom's hair out pretty badly. It made my hair have a weird texture - which could be from sucking the moisture out but I'm not 100% certain - and flat. My hair is generally curly after washing, then turns into loose waves. To sum it up: my hair looked awful.

I'm not sure how this is their "most moisturizing" shampoo bar, which is what several ladies working there told me. In my opinion, Honey I Washed My Hair is MUCH more moisturizing. It could be because there is chunks of butter in the bar, rather than it being incorporated in the mixture? That's just my best guess.

As always, when using LUSH shampoo bars, make sure you let it completely dry between washes so it can last longer. I don't recommend their tins since they don't have any openings at the bottom to allow better airflow. I obviously didnt use this bar a lot, so I can't say how long it'll last for.

Love the scent. Makes my hair soft. I do use a light conditioner with this.

Smells really strong of jasmine, gets a little overpowering. Also completely stripped the red color in my hair that I had at the time. I mean, completely. And this was permanent, salon color just freshly done. Really harsh and the conditioning bits are not conditioning at all. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This works amazingly on mine and my son's hair (fine, dense, and curly). It also leaves a pleasant jasmine scent behind. The very first time that I used it, I made the mistake of using too much. You do NOT need to swipe it on your head as LUSH says to do--this is just silly and wastes the product and will dry the hair out, as well as the reason some reviews are complaining of clumps of it melting off into their hair. You just wet your hands, run your hand across the top of the biscuit-shaped bar a couple of times, and lather whatever comes off onto your hair. This way you don't overuse it. It really is a very concentrated product. The other way, you can't tell whether anything even comes off so you keep applying and it's just too strong to overdo! It has made my hair and my son's hair, shinier and glossy. I do think it's best to use with a separate conditioner afterwards, or an oil treatment beforehand, or both. My hair is very dry and curly so i use oils (coconut, hemp seed) first, shower after at least 20 minutes with Godiva, and then condition with Happy Happy Joy Joy. (The fragrances of Godiva+HHJJ also work really well together!) took off a star because it is not a 2-in-1 as claimed and u still need a conditioner.

Video Reviews & Tutorials