LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

Filtered by eye Color : Black
LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1
LUSH Cosmetics' Godiva solid shampooGodiva Solid 2 in 1

3.8

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the first shampoo bar I ever tried from lush, and it remains my all time favorite shampoo bar until today. It made my hair so soft and smooth, and the conditioning bits actually work. It doesn't dry out my hair like some other lush shampoo bars, and it's something I can use everyday. It also lasts around 4-5 months with daily usage, so it's really good value for money. I'm not someone who is bothered by the scent of the shampoo bars; some people might find the jasmine scent overwhelming, but I felt it was ok, since I really like the scent, and I didn't feel it was overpowering. The only downside to this bar is that the conditioning bits don't melt at the same rate as the rest of the bar, so some small bits remain as you finish using it up, and they don't lather up so its not much good to use them. However, this doesn't really bother me, and this shampoo bar is always a constant in my hair care.

on 5/24/2014 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It was a novelty product (solid shampoo!) for me and I loved that it was a 2-in-1. The smell was just so amazing and it left my room smelling great because I leave it out to dry.

However, I find that the shea butter doesn't really soak into my hair and made my hair look greasy even after I had just washed it. Maybe I will try some of the other shampoos by LUSH that doesn't contain the "moisturizing" element, but I will not be re-purchasing this.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am working my way through my 3rd bar of LUSH Godiva shampoo bar, so I think that it's time to share my views on this product with MUA.

Side Tangent: My first Lush shampoo bar was Seanik, which I received in a swap. It was blue, it had seaweed in it, and it was supposed to be suitable for my hair type. Seanik left my hair flat and volume-less. I went back to Lush and discovered Godiva, which smells heavenly to me, imbued with lovely jasmine flowers. But... the SA refused to sell it to me, telling me that it was too moisturizing for my hair type. This happened several times, and finally, I managed to buy one when my usual SA wasn't there. I told myself that if it was indeed too rich, then I could just use it as a bar of shaving soap for my legs.

The first time that I used it, it indeed left my oil-prone hair squeaky clean. I was ecstatic and delighted in the scent of jasmine perfuming my bathroom. Since then, Godiva has been my go-to shampoo. I wash my hair every other day, so I don't use this every day. It really does last a long time. I was very skeptical when the SA said that you only need a few swipes to get bubbles, but it's true.

The trick is to find the right balance between the perfect number of swipes, and not getting the bar soggy. I find that the best way was to first wet my hair, then swipe 3-5 times across the top of my hair. I then massage it into my scalp and rinse. Then I flip my hair over, and repeat the process from the bottom side, and work my way up to the middle of my scalp.

As soon as I'm done with my swipes (out of the water's range), I place the bar back into the lush tin. (I didn't invest in a Lush tin until I started my second bar. Now I have two - one for my shampoo bar and one for my conditioner bar. But that's for another review.) If it is very wet, I just place the bar on the lid side of the tin until it was dry.

I've traveled across the country three times in the past year, and I love how travel-friendly it is, particularly by air. It's comparatively light-weight (for the number of uses you get out of it), spill-proof, TSA travel-friendly.

I was hesitant to spend ~$12 USD on a tiny looking shampoo bar, but don't let the appearance fool you. The scent will easily envelop any room you place it, It's a wonderful, hard-working product IF you know how to use it correctly.

The smell doesn't really linger in your hair after you wash off the shampoo, which isn't a deterrent for me.

My last few hairdressers have commented on how healthy-looking my hair looked. No split ends, keeps my oil-prone, straight, thick asian hair healthy and free of product build-up.

Plus, it's environmentally friendly since LUSH cut out the plastic packaging that are used by most shampoos. I always keep an extra bar on-hand, so I don't run low on this lovely staple. <3

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the smell of Godiva but I don't like how drying it is. On the first week of purchase, it made my hair feel so soft but now, my scalp and my hair have become so dry. Another conditioner definitely needs to be paired up with it and maybe even some of that Snake Oil at Lush. But no, I wouldn't be purchasing it again. I'm pretty sure there are other bar shampoos that aren't as drying from companies that focus on selling natural shampoo and henna dyes.

Lush is a hit, but their shampoos are a miss for me.
P.S. If any of you still have the product, don't use it on a daily basis. You have to alternate between shampoos to avoid extreme dryness.

on 9/2/2013 1:28:00 AM

Love love love the smell while lathering it on, so rich and flowery, good thing is it doesn't stay in your hair as strong as it does while lathering it.
This shampoo says it's a 2-in-1 but I don't use conditioner when I previously used Seanik (the blue one) and my hair felt just as nice so I guess it kinda doesn't make much of a difference for me. But I do usually use leave in conditioner while I'm drying my hair coz I have super dry ends (from what I have no idea, no dye no perm and no straightening).
Reason why I'd repurchase this product over Seanik or the other solid shampoos LUSH has is coz of the smell, just too gorgeous to resist haha.

on 1/28/2012 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just love the smell of Godiva, and the smell does stay in your hair for some time. At first I thought the smell was very familiar and was trying to make out just what it is, but when I passed a bubble tea shop, I realised that it smelt of Chinese oolong tea (or thereabouts). Then I realised it has jasmine in it, and yes, there is Chinese jasmine tea too. So there you go.

It really does its job well and leaves your hair not only soft but fluffy as well, and it defines wavy hair very well. The bits of white cocoa butter in the bar is moisturising, and as I see it, I think the bar can last for a while. Just remember not to use the tins for it, if you aren't bothered to dry the bar, because it will get stuck to the tin, stuck like glue! (like my Green solid bar did), and if you prise it out like I did with my Green solid bar, it'll all be mushy and slimy- still usable, but horrible to look at (especially the Green bar). So having learnt my lesson from the Green bar, I now store my Godiva bar on a regular soap dish with those slates underneath that drain extra moisture and allows air to circulate. The Godiva bar is really dry between shampoos, even though I shampoo every day, and sometimes twice a day. Will definitely repurchase. Just love this one!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Smells amazing! I love jasmine and this delivers. It has a sweet scent to it as well. It's a 2-in-1 shampoo bar but does not weigh down my oily hair. It doesn't detangle well though. Lathers well and makes my bathroom smell amazing; no need for air freshener!

on 6/29/2010 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this is the first lush pdt which i didnt like at all i bought just bcoz my husband loves jasmin scent and rehab was not in stock in d store but i highly regret buying godiva coz frm vry first wash it made my scalp itchy and hair greasy plus i had really bad hair fall i tried it for 2 more times but it got worse .....so nxt weekend i ran to lush store which is 2 hrs drive from my home and bought rehab and retread n saved my life

on 2/28/2010 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

update: the bar lasts longer now that i use three swipes (though it doesn't lather as well with three swipes), but as far as shampoos go its not that moisturizing for my hair. i noticed this when alternating days between this and my normal liquid shampoo (i don't use conditioner). since i have short hair now, texture and moisture is really important for my hair and really noticeable when its missing. i liked this when i had long hair and it was very wash and go and texture wasn't as important bc i could tie it back
i love the scent. smells like honeysuckle and flowers. my hair has a lingering scent of flowers after a shampoo. i have short hair and i dont like to condition my hair bc conditioner weighs it down and i want to give it volume. so this 2 in 1 does the trick. ive tried the other solid shampoo bars and it while its not a substitute for conditioner, its less tanglesome than the other shampoo bars. that being said, i like to see a little lather and the three swipes across the head does not do it- esp since i have thick hair. so for me, its more like 8 swipes. so my biggest problem is just that it doesn't last very long. when i had shoulder length thick hair, a single bar lasted less than a month. i wish they made this extra extra big.

on 8/10/2009 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really am a fan of this shampoo, the only thing is that I have to use a conditioner with it, but who really has ever found a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner that conditioned as much as we'd like?

I have 3 feet of really super thick hair and having it in bar form really helps me get all those hard to reach areas of my hair squeaky clean. I love the jasmine scent, but it is a little strong from the bar. It doesn't make my hair smell strongly but if I walk past the bathroom I can smell the jasmine a couple rooms away!

I would buy again because I've been having so many problems with oily or dirty hair that other shampoos just didn't help. Since my hair is long I go a couple days without washing it, and this has kept it nice and clean and soft for those days I don't wash.

EDIT: Reduced because for those months I was using it or other LUSH bars my hair degraded into a gunky mess and I had to switch back to a clarifying shampoo. Gave me TONS of buildup and made my hair heavy and waxy. Does not remove styling products well AT ALL. If I stop styling I may use this again but for now this isn't in my good books anymore! Which is a shame because I love the smell so much!

Video Reviews & Tutorials