LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1
LUSH Cosmetics' Godiva solid shampooGodiva Solid 2 in 1

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 5/21/2017 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a lovely little round shampoo bar! The first bar of the brand I've tried, it has a wonderful jasmine scent that perfumes my hair in an astonishingly seductive way (my boyfriend is amazed!). If you happen to have dry hair like me and are using it, I would definitely recommend using either a conditioner that is more moisturizing or some kind of styling cream for your hair after you get out of the shower, because I've found that it's not nourishing enough on its own.
My personal routine is this shampoo bar, as well as an apple cider vinegar rinse as a clarifier. Finally I apply either Peach Mama hair oil from Haus of Gloi or LUSH's RNB to the ends of my hair and then comb out tangles with a wide-toothed comb.
I have naturally frizzy hair and my friends now comment on how nice and straight it looks. I would definitely buy this product again, but first I would like to test out some of the other shampoo bars by the company.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This works amazingly on mine and my son's hair (fine, dense, and curly). It also leaves a pleasant jasmine scent behind. The very first time that I used it, I made the mistake of using too much. You do NOT need to swipe it on your head as LUSH says to do--this is just silly and wastes the product and will dry the hair out, as well as the reason some reviews are complaining of clumps of it melting off into their hair. You just wet your hands, run your hand across the top of the biscuit-shaped bar a couple of times, and lather whatever comes off onto your hair. This way you don't overuse it. It really is a very concentrated product. The other way, you can't tell whether anything even comes off so you keep applying and it's just too strong to overdo! It has made my hair and my son's hair, shinier and glossy. I do think it's best to use with a separate conditioner afterwards, or an oil treatment beforehand, or both. My hair is very dry and curly so i use oils (coconut, hemp seed) first, shower after at least 20 minutes with Godiva, and then condition with Happy Happy Joy Joy. (The fragrances of Godiva+HHJJ also work really well together!) took off a star because it is not a 2-in-1 as claimed and u still need a conditioner.

on 11/29/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought and used this product my freshman year of college- I was a full time student athlete and was out of the dorms from 8AM until almost 9PM every day. This was a fantastic 2 in 1 product I could bring with me to quickly shower after a workout, or to clean off super fast before passing out at night. It kept my scalp from getting too greasy, but didn't dry out my ends. For reference, I have a really dry, flaky scalp. I personally hate the scent of jasmine, so the scent was not a draw for me but if you like how it smells, you will love this. The scent doesn't last too long, so it wasn't a problem for me. I have not repurchased this because I now have color treated hair and this just doesn't repair the damage like deep conditioners do, and additional conditioning while using this bar leaves my fine, curly hair too overloaded with product. However, if I went back to working out and showering in between classes, I would definitely use this again.

on 11/24/2015 5:18:00 PM

LOVE THIS!

It has a lovely scent and really cleanses and moisturises your hair quite well. For me, I usually just back it up with a little conditioner after because I find that it just gives a little more moisture.

The scent is a very strong jasmine fragrance that leaves your hair fragrant and shiny.

It is my favourite scent out of the whole solid shampoo bar range! I think that its the best value too as it has so many moisturising ingredients in the same price bar as all the other sold shampoo varieties from Lush.

Lasts for ages, but make sure you purchase one of Lush's shampoo bar tins so the product is well contained and doesn't leak everywhere. Also, try and keep it as dry as possible to prevent it sticking to any surfaces and melting down.

on 7/2/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My first shampoo bar from Lush! After trialling my cousin's Seanik shampoo bar and being satisfied with the results, I decided to buy a shampoo bar of my own.

I don't really know what to feel about shampoo/conditioner products, but I selected this shampoo bar as it claims to be one of Lush's moisturising shampoo bars. I dyed my hair blonde prior to buying this and the long bleaching process fried my hair into dryness, so I selected this shampoo bar. Plus, I LOVE the smell of jasmine in this shampoo bar! It's very reminiscent of my childhood because jasmines are very common in my home country. Admit it, some of the Lush shampoo bars don't smell the best and personally, I thought Godiva is one of the best smelling shampoo bars.

I've been using this shampoo bar since January alongside 2 other SLS-free shampoos because the shampoo bars aren't SLS free and I was aware that sulfates were not good to use on coloured hair. But it's July now and using this shampoo once a week on average, the bar hasn't completely shrunk into nothing yet! It's definitely gotten smaller, but when Lush said their shampoo bars is equivalent to 3 medium sized liquid shampoo bottles... I can testify that they're right.

In the six months that I've used this shampoo bar, I didn't think the results I got were super fantastic. I liked how the smell lingered in my hair even after I'd washed the shampoo bar off, but I didn't think it was that moisturising. I still found myself wanting to use conditioner after washing my hair with this shampoo bar.

But when my mum recently cleaned our shower area, she hid all of my shampoos. I wasn't bothered to find them so I just used whatever shampoos she left behind in the shower area and that's where I realised how good Godiva really was! I used the Herbal Essences shampoo my mum uses twice and that actually made my hair really dry and coarse despite using conditioner anyway and it made me realise how moisturising Godiva is, at least in comparison to mainstream shampoos. Plus, the smell sticks better than normal shampoos and this sounds weird, but I wanna be that person who walks past people and people think "omg her hair smells nice". Hahaha!

Would I repurchase? I think the results it promises is a little underwhelming, but it does deliver somehow. Mind you that my hair went through a 2hr bleaching process so if your hair is quite dry and damaged like this, results may not be as impressive compared to if your hair is a little healthier. I'm still keen to try Lush's other shampoo bars just to compare but if they don't really suit my hair needs, I would repurchase Godiva.

on 9/13/2014 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Godiva is my first solid shampoo from Lush. Love the scent, but it's really inconvenient, once it is soaked wet, it just dissolves away, they said one piece can last for 80 washes? No way! At least not with this one. I tried to keep it dry, but it turned into a melting ice-cream, this can be quite annoying. Next time, it might be wise to chop it into small pieces and put them away, take one when you need it.

I wish they could make a liquid shampoo version of Godiva, this is the best smelling shampoo I've ever had, and don't want to quit using. Despite of all the inconvenience and complaints, I enjoy being intoxicated by this lovely jasmine scent, and I will buy it again. LOL

on 9/3/2014 10:01:00 PM

i've been using this product for 2 years now and im not going to stop using it anytime soon!
Pro's:
1)Smells divine
2) Works on dry hair
3) Lathers well (lather in your hand instead of directly rubbing the bar on your hair...you save more product)
4) cleans your hair well
5) NATURAL!

Con's:
1) shea butter chunks can be large....causing the bar to break as it thins
2) Hard to store...keep away from water and in a well drained spot

overall im very pleased with this product and will repurchase again and again and again <3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did a video on LUSH's dry shampoos because I was super impressed with two factors: they are PRESERVATIVE FREE (check the list of ingredients on a liquid shampoo - if the primary ingredient is water it can't make safely claim) and ECO-FRIENDLY - One solid shampoo bar equals three 8.8 oz liquid shampoo bottles and doesn't come with packaging for landfill.

Here is the vid I made:

Personally I am not anti-preservative (I deal with it on a case x case basis), but if buying preservative free is a priority for you - then I think these solid shampoos are more than lip service.

Here are some thoughts if you're on the fence about the product:

-You can't leave the dry shampoo in a soap dish with water. Remember, it doesn't have preservatives - and if your bar doesn't dissolve, you won't want it to have bacteria. If you think you're going to forget to do this, then this might not be the product for you.

-Don't hang onto a product like this beyond the expiration date. Again, there are no preservatives to help prevent it from getting bacteria as the product gets older and starts to collect moisture.

Personally, I have used both Godiva and Seanik. They tend to be my go to shampoo products when I travel.

Hopefully this helped!

B

Price as of : 6/14 $12.05
Packing: $3.95 if you want tin or nada if you want the product naked :D
Overall Rating: Gets mega points for being legit when it comes to preservative free and eco-conscious.

on 6/17/2014 12:41:00 AM

Godiva's been a product that I tried in my journey through solid shampoos. My main issues with my hair, I need something that will clean all the product in it properly without drying it out. I have split ends and dryness in my locks. Godiva is definitely one of LUSH's more moisturizing options, though still not enough for me. It smells wonderful, an invigorating citrusy orange smell that is elevated by the jasmine. I wish they could bottle the scent! Godiva will clean your hair well, just like the other LUSH solid shampoos. But it seems like a common issue with dry hair and these shampoos, is they may not be moisturizing enough. I did find the fallout of the chunks inside the soap a bit annoying-it makes this shampoo less long lasting than the other solid shampoos from LUSH.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my favourite lush shampoo. Although a bit pricy, it lasts quite long.

The compact yellow bar has white pieces of conditioner in it and has a nice scent, mainly jasmin.

It cleanses well and leaves hair soft. If you have very dry hair, you should team it up with a good conditioner. Otherwise, the bar conditions enough.

My tip for storing is to put it into oe of these big black lush containers. :)

Greetings Emi <3