LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

Filtered by hair type : Straight
LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1
LUSH Cosmetics' Godiva solid shampooGodiva Solid 2 in 1

4.1

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is the first shampoo bar I ever tried from lush, and it remains my all time favorite shampoo bar until today. It made my hair so soft and smooth, and the conditioning bits actually work. It doesn't dry out my hair like some other lush shampoo bars, and it's something I can use everyday. It also lasts around 4-5 months with daily usage, so it's really good value for money. I'm not someone who is bothered by the scent of the shampoo bars; some people might find the jasmine scent overwhelming, but I felt it was ok, since I really like the scent, and I didn't feel it was overpowering. The only downside to this bar is that the conditioning bits don't melt at the same rate as the rest of the bar, so some small bits remain as you finish using it up, and they don't lather up so its not much good to use them. However, this doesn't really bother me, and this shampoo bar is always a constant in my hair care.

Smells really strong of jasmine, gets a little overpowering. Also completely stripped the red color in my hair that I had at the time. I mean, completely. And this was permanent, salon color just freshly done. Really harsh and the conditioning bits are not conditioning at all. Would not repurchase.

on 7/2/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My first shampoo bar from Lush! After trialling my cousin's Seanik shampoo bar and being satisfied with the results, I decided to buy a shampoo bar of my own.

I don't really know what to feel about shampoo/conditioner products, but I selected this shampoo bar as it claims to be one of Lush's moisturising shampoo bars. I dyed my hair blonde prior to buying this and the long bleaching process fried my hair into dryness, so I selected this shampoo bar. Plus, I LOVE the smell of jasmine in this shampoo bar! It's very reminiscent of my childhood because jasmines are very common in my home country. Admit it, some of the Lush shampoo bars don't smell the best and personally, I thought Godiva is one of the best smelling shampoo bars.

I've been using this shampoo bar since January alongside 2 other SLS-free shampoos because the shampoo bars aren't SLS free and I was aware that sulfates were not good to use on coloured hair. But it's July now and using this shampoo once a week on average, the bar hasn't completely shrunk into nothing yet! It's definitely gotten smaller, but when Lush said their shampoo bars is equivalent to 3 medium sized liquid shampoo bottles... I can testify that they're right.

In the six months that I've used this shampoo bar, I didn't think the results I got were super fantastic. I liked how the smell lingered in my hair even after I'd washed the shampoo bar off, but I didn't think it was that moisturising. I still found myself wanting to use conditioner after washing my hair with this shampoo bar.

But when my mum recently cleaned our shower area, she hid all of my shampoos. I wasn't bothered to find them so I just used whatever shampoos she left behind in the shower area and that's where I realised how good Godiva really was! I used the Herbal Essences shampoo my mum uses twice and that actually made my hair really dry and coarse despite using conditioner anyway and it made me realise how moisturising Godiva is, at least in comparison to mainstream shampoos. Plus, the smell sticks better than normal shampoos and this sounds weird, but I wanna be that person who walks past people and people think "omg her hair smells nice". Hahaha!

Would I repurchase? I think the results it promises is a little underwhelming, but it does deliver somehow. Mind you that my hair went through a 2hr bleaching process so if your hair is quite dry and damaged like this, results may not be as impressive compared to if your hair is a little healthier. I'm still keen to try Lush's other shampoo bars just to compare but if they don't really suit my hair needs, I would repurchase Godiva.

on 1/30/2015 9:15:00 AM

I love LUSH's solid shampoo line. Godiva is my 3rd solid I've tried (I've previously loved Seanik, and felt "ehh" about squeaky green). I use it head to toe because the scent is so lovely, and I notice I don't use according to the website's instructions- I just lather it up in my hands a bit, put the bar down, and work with the lather in my hair (the website says to hold it in your hands and run it through your hair 3 times or something- I have short hair so it feels silly to do that). I don't really to "no shampoo" because I enjoy washing my hair (but I'm trying not to over-do it, no matter what product I am using), I shampoo about twice a week, and only using this product at that frequency works well for me, I can see how it might be a bit much if you used it every day. If you can get away with only a shampoo or two a week, this might be a great shampoo solid for you.

Regarding it melting: I don't keep it where the moisture can get directly to it, it lives in it's tin, on the ledge of the tub on the outside of the shower curtain. I don't put the lid on unless it's going in my gym bag for use in the shower in the changing room or something.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my favourite lush shampoo. Although a bit pricy, it lasts quite long.

The compact yellow bar has white pieces of conditioner in it and has a nice scent, mainly jasmin.

It cleanses well and leaves hair soft. If you have very dry hair, you should team it up with a good conditioner. Otherwise, the bar conditions enough.

My tip for storing is to put it into oe of these big black lush containers. :)

Greetings Emi <3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite solid shampoo so far, creamy and a sexy jasmin perfume, a pleasurable and efficient shampoo. I always have one in my bathroom. On the moisturizing side, not enough for my hair so I use amercican cream conditionner after... but still a very good shampoo.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been trying to find some good cruelty free hair products for a long time. But every time I try my hair ends up feeling like I never wash it or like straw. I haven't found a good product in between. Until this. I was SO hesitant because it's a bar. I was anticipating hair like straw. But the smell won me over so I bought it. That and I haven't met a lush product I didn't like. But the smell OMG it's fantastic. Normally I hate jasmine,you know how normally it's one of those fragrances that smell really heavy and synthetic, but not in this, it's so fresh and sweet and true to how the real flower smells. (Strong mind you, so if you are not sure about it don't bother because as soon as it gets wet the entire bathroom will smell like this) it really lathers up pretty nice, in fact I like this kind of lather over traditional shampoo, because I have super thick hair Its hard to spread it everywhere and coat my whole head because of how thick the shampoo is. ( thick hair girls, you know what I'm talking about but I normally use my hands to scrap the lather off parts of my hair that that have too much and plop it on parts that don't have any) But with this few swipes here, few there and bam my whole head was covered in light foamy lather. l wasn't brave enough to test the 2 in 1 factor so I did fallow it up with conditioner. When I got out I was confused, due to the other reviews most girls were complaining about having crazy tangled hair. And my hair was just fine. I continued with my nightly ritual added my leave in conditioner and argon oil and notice my hair was a lot less tangly. I let my hair air dry and when I woke up my hair had tons of volume and was a bit shinier and just as soft I was blow away. I really didn't think I could find a cruelty free brand of shampoo that worked for me. ( and it's package free too!) I am really glad I tried this because I love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been using Godiva for 5 years now! I used it when I had my virgin hair to my mid back, and it worked fabulously without using a conditioner after wards. Nowadays I've got previously bleach damaged hair( had white blond hair for all of high school) which I have been healing while using the shampoo. My only gripe is that I need to wash it before with another shampoo if my hair is particularly dirty (3rd day hair) also, the smell can be off putting to others, but I love it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am working my way through my 3rd bar of LUSH Godiva shampoo bar, so I think that it's time to share my views on this product with MUA.

Side Tangent: My first Lush shampoo bar was Seanik, which I received in a swap. It was blue, it had seaweed in it, and it was supposed to be suitable for my hair type. Seanik left my hair flat and volume-less. I went back to Lush and discovered Godiva, which smells heavenly to me, imbued with lovely jasmine flowers. But... the SA refused to sell it to me, telling me that it was too moisturizing for my hair type. This happened several times, and finally, I managed to buy one when my usual SA wasn't there. I told myself that if it was indeed too rich, then I could just use it as a bar of shaving soap for my legs.

The first time that I used it, it indeed left my oil-prone hair squeaky clean. I was ecstatic and delighted in the scent of jasmine perfuming my bathroom. Since then, Godiva has been my go-to shampoo. I wash my hair every other day, so I don't use this every day. It really does last a long time. I was very skeptical when the SA said that you only need a few swipes to get bubbles, but it's true.

The trick is to find the right balance between the perfect number of swipes, and not getting the bar soggy. I find that the best way was to first wet my hair, then swipe 3-5 times across the top of my hair. I then massage it into my scalp and rinse. Then I flip my hair over, and repeat the process from the bottom side, and work my way up to the middle of my scalp.

As soon as I'm done with my swipes (out of the water's range), I place the bar back into the lush tin. (I didn't invest in a Lush tin until I started my second bar. Now I have two - one for my shampoo bar and one for my conditioner bar. But that's for another review.) If it is very wet, I just place the bar on the lid side of the tin until it was dry.

I've traveled across the country three times in the past year, and I love how travel-friendly it is, particularly by air. It's comparatively light-weight (for the number of uses you get out of it), spill-proof, TSA travel-friendly.

I was hesitant to spend ~$12 USD on a tiny looking shampoo bar, but don't let the appearance fool you. The scent will easily envelop any room you place it, It's a wonderful, hard-working product IF you know how to use it correctly.

The smell doesn't really linger in your hair after you wash off the shampoo, which isn't a deterrent for me.

My last few hairdressers have commented on how healthy-looking my hair looked. No split ends, keeps my oil-prone, straight, thick asian hair healthy and free of product build-up.

Plus, it's environmentally friendly since LUSH cut out the plastic packaging that are used by most shampoos. I always keep an extra bar on-hand, so I don't run low on this lovely staple. <3

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the smell of Godiva but I don't like how drying it is. On the first week of purchase, it made my hair feel so soft but now, my scalp and my hair have become so dry. Another conditioner definitely needs to be paired up with it and maybe even some of that Snake Oil at Lush. But no, I wouldn't be purchasing it again. I'm pretty sure there are other bar shampoos that aren't as drying from companies that focus on selling natural shampoo and henna dyes.

Lush is a hit, but their shampoos are a miss for me.
P.S. If any of you still have the product, don't use it on a daily basis. You have to alternate between shampoos to avoid extreme dryness.

Video Reviews & Tutorials