LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1
LUSH Cosmetics' Godiva solid shampooGodiva Solid 2 in 1

3.9

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 2/5/2017 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I am actually on the fence about whether to repurchase this (left as a yes), it smells amazing and cleanses my hair without drying it. I love the shampoo bar form too. The issue I have is that my roots get oily too quickly with this shampoo. I know it's a shampoo/conditioner combo but I have very dry ends so I use a conditioner after. I have tried just conditioning the ends of my hair but my roots still get oily too quickly forcing me to wash my hair more often than I am comfortable with (I try to stick with every 2-3 days). I give this a 3.5 and may repurchase.

Love the scent. Makes my hair soft. I do use a light conditioner with this.

Smells really strong of jasmine, gets a little overpowering. Also completely stripped the red color in my hair that I had at the time. I mean, completely. And this was permanent, salon color just freshly done. Really harsh and the conditioning bits are not conditioning at all. Would not repurchase.

on 3/4/2016 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was the first solid shampoo bar I tried, and it remained my favourite for a long time. Until Honey I washed my hair came along, that is, and blew every competition away. This is still a really, really good shampoo though. I have constantly dry hair, and I have to use shampoo and conditioners specifically targeted for dry hair, and still slather my hair in oil after the shower and then a few times between washes. This shampoo certainly has a conditioning effect, although I still need to use conditioner, obviously. If you don't have dry hair like me, you may actually get away with using only this, though, which I think is a awesome. It has a quite strong floral (jasmine specifically) scent, which might not be everyone's cup of tea. I remember the first few times I used this, when I was new to not only this product but Lush products overall. And I was a bit overwhelmed with how much the scent lingered in my hair. As with a lot of things, I stopped noticing that after a while though. And if I do still smell a lot like jasmine, I don't particularly mind, as I find it a pretty nice and seductive scent anyway.

This'll last you SO long as well. I have thick and long hair, and I think that I get almost as many washes out of it as Lush claims, which is around 80 or so. If you have shorter and/or not very thick hair, it wouldn't surprise me if it would last you even longer. Considering that, Lush's solid shampoo bars is one of the best value products in their whole product line! You can also buy this with a good conscience - it's cruelty free, vegan and naked (no plastic packaging, or any packaging at all actually).

The little tins they sell for these are handy, but obviously not a must. You can use any old container you have at home. The tin does make it extremely travel friendly though, as it doesn't take up much more space than the actual bar does. Do make sure to let the bar dry "standing up" on its side before putting it properly in the tin though, as it'll get stuck to the bottom otherwise.

on 1/30/2015 9:15:00 AM

I love LUSH's solid shampoo line. Godiva is my 3rd solid I've tried (I've previously loved Seanik, and felt "ehh" about squeaky green). I use it head to toe because the scent is so lovely, and I notice I don't use according to the website's instructions- I just lather it up in my hands a bit, put the bar down, and work with the lather in my hair (the website says to hold it in your hands and run it through your hair 3 times or something- I have short hair so it feels silly to do that). I don't really to "no shampoo" because I enjoy washing my hair (but I'm trying not to over-do it, no matter what product I am using), I shampoo about twice a week, and only using this product at that frequency works well for me, I can see how it might be a bit much if you used it every day. If you can get away with only a shampoo or two a week, this might be a great shampoo solid for you.

Regarding it melting: I don't keep it where the moisture can get directly to it, it lives in it's tin, on the ledge of the tub on the outside of the shower curtain. I don't put the lid on unless it's going in my gym bag for use in the shower in the changing room or something.

on 10/10/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've repurchased this time and time again so since I'm on a LUSH review kick, I figured I might as well review this one too (even though it's not something I've bought recently). I use this more as a clarifying agent than a regular cleanser in my hair, as I'm trying to do the no-poo thing more often these days. You definitely get that squeaky-clean feeling with this one, but it's not as harsh as Seanik, which just totally killed my hair. When I use it as a shampoo, I make sure my hair is pretty darn dirty beforehand and then heavily condition afterwards or else I will be a frizzball.

However, I give this product five stars because of a) its wonderful smell, b) its longevity and c) its multi-functionality. I buy a lot based on scent and this is no exception -- it's heavenly. Better than any other shampoo I've used by far. I wish they made a corresponding conditioner so I could smell it all day.

Since I have to cover up this heavenly scent in my hair with my conditioner, I use this shampoo as a bar soap, too. It doesn't dry me out at all. It's a little hard to get a lather going, but it works.

I store it in a tin in my bathroom cabinet, lid left open for it to dry. I haven't had it melt from leaving it in the shower, because there is no place in my shower or tub to store things -- the tub has a round edge, and I hate the look of cluttery showers so I have a tiny shelf that only holds the stuff I need while I'm actively showering (and then it all gets put away). I did have Godiva melt in the car once, which was a bummer, but it was still usable afterward (just a weird, not-very-pretty shape).

Overall, I'm going to keep buying it until they come out with a liquid version, at which point I'll probably switch between the two. If they make a super-moisturizing conditioner with this scent I will buy a whole vat (OK, maybe just the largest container they sell).

on 6/13/2014 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My hair is slightly wavy, fine, but there's A LOT of it. If I don't condition then I will inevitably get awful tangles. With that being said, this shampoo is amazing! I love that it is a solid, so much easier to travel with. And it lasts forever! The last bar I had lasted me about 9 months and I wash my hair about every other day, sometimes longer if my head cooperates. With this bar, I have noticed about half way through day two my hair feels like I NEED to wash it. However, it is very moisturizing. I am still attempting to grow out my hair so I only get it cut every two months or longer, which means my ends can get awfully dry. I still use a conditioner after this, American Cream I can massage all over my hair or Retread on just my ends. And it even helps my hair curl! I look like I stepped out of a hair salon when my hair dries naturally after using this. Definitely a must try, just ask for a sample if you're nervous. Also, I would definitely get a tin! Or it also fits into the black jars :) I have mine in an old herbalism pot.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my favourite lush shampoo. Although a bit pricy, it lasts quite long.

The compact yellow bar has white pieces of conditioner in it and has a nice scent, mainly jasmin.

It cleanses well and leaves hair soft. If you have very dry hair, you should team it up with a good conditioner. Otherwise, the bar conditions enough.

My tip for storing is to put it into oe of these big black lush containers. :)

Greetings Emi <3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

My favorite solid shampoo so far, creamy and a sexy jasmin perfume, a pleasurable and efficient shampoo. I always have one in my bathroom. On the moisturizing side, not enough for my hair so I use amercican cream conditionner after... but still a very good shampoo.

Godiva was the first solid shampoo I've ever purchased and I'm glad I did. The scent is divine, although I think people either gonna love it or hate it.

It hasn't made a drastic change to the way my hair looks in terms of softness or shiness, but it definitely made my hair less greasy and my hair that usually gets visibly greasy on the second day of washing can now last for up to 5 days without washing!

It lasts for a really long time too, I have fairly long hair and it lasted me for three months.
One thing I would say, the claims of it having a conditioning effect aren't really true. I still had to use my deep conditioner to revive my split ends.

Other than that, Godiva is a lovely product and it is sure worth a try!

Video Reviews & Tutorials