LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

3.9

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

Love the scent. Makes my hair soft. I do use a light conditioner with this.

Smells really strong of jasmine, gets a little overpowering. Also completely stripped the red color in my hair that I had at the time. I mean, completely. And this was permanent, salon color just freshly done. Really harsh and the conditioning bits are not conditioning at all. Would not repurchase.

To Read all 219 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This works amazingly on mine and my son's hair (fine, dense, and curly). It also leaves a pleasant jasmine scent behind. The very first time that I used it, I made the mistake of using too much. You do NOT need to swipe it on your head as LUSH says to do--this is just silly and wastes the product and will dry the hair out, as well as the reason some reviews are complaining of clumps of it melting off into their hair. You just wet your hands, run your hand across the top of the biscuit-shaped bar a couple of times, and lather whatever comes off onto your hair. This way you don't overuse it. It really is a very concentrated product. The other way, you can't tell whether anything even comes off so you keep applying and it's just too strong to overdo! It has made my hair and my son's hair, shinier and glossy. I do think it's best to use with a separate conditioner afterwards, or an oil treatment beforehand, or both. My hair is very dry and curly so i use oils (coconut, hemp seed) first, shower after at least 20 minutes with Godiva, and then condition with Happy Happy Joy Joy. (The fragrances of Godiva+HHJJ also work really well together!) took off a star because it is not a 2-in-1 as claimed and u still need a conditioner.

on 3/4/2016 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was the first solid shampoo bar I tried, and it remained my favourite for a long time. Until Honey I washed my hair came along, that is, and blew every competition away. This is still a really, really good shampoo though. I have constantly dry hair, and I have to use shampoo and conditioners specifically targeted for dry hair, and still slather my hair in oil after the shower and then a few times between washes. This shampoo certainly has a conditioning effect, although I still need to use conditioner, obviously. If you don't have dry hair like me, you may actually get away with using only this, though, which I think is a awesome. It has a quite strong floral (jasmine specifically) scent, which might not be everyone's cup of tea. I remember the first few times I used this, when I was new to not only this product but Lush products overall. And I was a bit overwhelmed with how much the scent lingered in my hair. As with a lot of things, I stopped noticing that after a while though. And if I do still smell a lot like jasmine, I don't particularly mind, as I find it a pretty nice and seductive scent anyway.

This'll last you SO long as well. I have thick and long hair, and I think that I get almost as many washes out of it as Lush claims, which is around 80 or so. If you have shorter and/or not very thick hair, it wouldn't surprise me if it would last you even longer. Considering that, Lush's solid shampoo bars is one of the best value products in their whole product line! You can also buy this with a good conscience - it's cruelty free, vegan and naked (no plastic packaging, or any packaging at all actually).

The little tins they sell for these are handy, but obviously not a must. You can use any old container you have at home. The tin does make it extremely travel friendly though, as it doesn't take up much more space than the actual bar does. Do make sure to let the bar dry "standing up" on its side before putting it properly in the tin though, as it'll get stuck to the bottom otherwise.

on 1/4/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I did two rounds of Godiva and it's gotta be a no for me. I'm iffy on the scent, the clumps make it to where half your bar is gone in a flash... And I have dry hair skin scalp etc and I think this is too much moisture for a shampoo. Don't give up tho lush has some other Amzing shampoo bars too offer but I'd skip this one.

on 11/29/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought and used this product my freshman year of college- I was a full time student athlete and was out of the dorms from 8AM until almost 9PM every day. This was a fantastic 2 in 1 product I could bring with me to quickly shower after a workout, or to clean off super fast before passing out at night. It kept my scalp from getting too greasy, but didn't dry out my ends. For reference, I have a really dry, flaky scalp. I personally hate the scent of jasmine, so the scent was not a draw for me but if you like how it smells, you will love this. The scent doesn't last too long, so it wasn't a problem for me. I have not repurchased this because I now have color treated hair and this just doesn't repair the damage like deep conditioners do, and additional conditioning while using this bar leaves my fine, curly hair too overloaded with product. However, if I went back to working out and showering in between classes, I would definitely use this again.

on 11/24/2015 5:18:00 PM

LOVE THIS!

It has a lovely scent and really cleanses and moisturises your hair quite well. For me, I usually just back it up with a little conditioner after because I find that it just gives a little more moisture.

The scent is a very strong jasmine fragrance that leaves your hair fragrant and shiny.

It is my favourite scent out of the whole solid shampoo bar range! I think that its the best value too as it has so many moisturising ingredients in the same price bar as all the other sold shampoo varieties from Lush.

Lasts for ages, but make sure you purchase one of Lush's shampoo bar tins so the product is well contained and doesn't leak everywhere. Also, try and keep it as dry as possible to prevent it sticking to any surfaces and melting down.

on 7/2/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My first shampoo bar from Lush! After trialling my cousin's Seanik shampoo bar and being satisfied with the results, I decided to buy a shampoo bar of my own.

I don't really know what to feel about shampoo/conditioner products, but I selected this shampoo bar as it claims to be one of Lush's moisturising shampoo bars. I dyed my hair blonde prior to buying this and the long bleaching process fried my hair into dryness, so I selected this shampoo bar. Plus, I LOVE the smell of jasmine in this shampoo bar! It's very reminiscent of my childhood because jasmines are very common in my home country. Admit it, some of the Lush shampoo bars don't smell the best and personally, I thought Godiva is one of the best smelling shampoo bars.

I've been using this shampoo bar since January alongside 2 other SLS-free shampoos because the shampoo bars aren't SLS free and I was aware that sulfates were not good to use on coloured hair. But it's July now and using this shampoo once a week on average, the bar hasn't completely shrunk into nothing yet! It's definitely gotten smaller, but when Lush said their shampoo bars is equivalent to 3 medium sized liquid shampoo bottles... I can testify that they're right.

In the six months that I've used this shampoo bar, I didn't think the results I got were super fantastic. I liked how the smell lingered in my hair even after I'd washed the shampoo bar off, but I didn't think it was that moisturising. I still found myself wanting to use conditioner after washing my hair with this shampoo bar.

But when my mum recently cleaned our shower area, she hid all of my shampoos. I wasn't bothered to find them so I just used whatever shampoos she left behind in the shower area and that's where I realised how good Godiva really was! I used the Herbal Essences shampoo my mum uses twice and that actually made my hair really dry and coarse despite using conditioner anyway and it made me realise how moisturising Godiva is, at least in comparison to mainstream shampoos. Plus, the smell sticks better than normal shampoos and this sounds weird, but I wanna be that person who walks past people and people think "omg her hair smells nice". Hahaha!

Would I repurchase? I think the results it promises is a little underwhelming, but it does deliver somehow. Mind you that my hair went through a 2hr bleaching process so if your hair is quite dry and damaged like this, results may not be as impressive compared to if your hair is a little healthier. I'm still keen to try Lush's other shampoo bars just to compare but if they don't really suit my hair needs, I would repurchase Godiva.

on 1/30/2015 9:15:00 AM

I love LUSH's solid shampoo line. Godiva is my 3rd solid I've tried (I've previously loved Seanik, and felt "ehh" about squeaky green). I use it head to toe because the scent is so lovely, and I notice I don't use according to the website's instructions- I just lather it up in my hands a bit, put the bar down, and work with the lather in my hair (the website says to hold it in your hands and run it through your hair 3 times or something- I have short hair so it feels silly to do that). I don't really to "no shampoo" because I enjoy washing my hair (but I'm trying not to over-do it, no matter what product I am using), I shampoo about twice a week, and only using this product at that frequency works well for me, I can see how it might be a bit much if you used it every day. If you can get away with only a shampoo or two a week, this might be a great shampoo solid for you.

Regarding it melting: I don't keep it where the moisture can get directly to it, it lives in it's tin, on the ledge of the tub on the outside of the shower curtain. I don't put the lid on unless it's going in my gym bag for use in the shower in the changing room or something.

on 10/10/2014 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've repurchased this time and time again so since I'm on a LUSH review kick, I figured I might as well review this one too (even though it's not something I've bought recently). I use this more as a clarifying agent than a regular cleanser in my hair, as I'm trying to do the no-poo thing more often these days. You definitely get that squeaky-clean feeling with this one, but it's not as harsh as Seanik, which just totally killed my hair. When I use it as a shampoo, I make sure my hair is pretty darn dirty beforehand and then heavily condition afterwards or else I will be a frizzball.

However, I give this product five stars because of a) its wonderful smell, b) its longevity and c) its multi-functionality. I buy a lot based on scent and this is no exception -- it's heavenly. Better than any other shampoo I've used by far. I wish they made a corresponding conditioner so I could smell it all day.

Since I have to cover up this heavenly scent in my hair with my conditioner, I use this shampoo as a bar soap, too. It doesn't dry me out at all. It's a little hard to get a lather going, but it works.

I store it in a tin in my bathroom cabinet, lid left open for it to dry. I haven't had it melt from leaving it in the shower, because there is no place in my shower or tub to store things -- the tub has a round edge, and I hate the look of cluttery showers so I have a tiny shelf that only holds the stuff I need while I'm actively showering (and then it all gets put away). I did have Godiva melt in the car once, which was a bummer, but it was still usable afterward (just a weird, not-very-pretty shape).

Overall, I'm going to keep buying it until they come out with a liquid version, at which point I'll probably switch between the two. If they make a super-moisturizing conditioner with this scent I will buy a whole vat (OK, maybe just the largest container they sell).

Popular Shampoos