LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1

Filtered by age: 30-35
LUSH Godiva Solid 2 in 1
LUSH Cosmetics' Godiva solid shampooGodiva Solid 2 in 1

4.1

Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerl Stearate & Peg - 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimide, Camella Oil (Camella japonita), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Coconut Butter (Cocos nucifera), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool.

on 2/5/2017 5:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I am actually on the fence about whether to repurchase this (left as a yes), it smells amazing and cleanses my hair without drying it. I love the shampoo bar form too. The issue I have is that my roots get oily too quickly with this shampoo. I know it's a shampoo/conditioner combo but I have very dry ends so I use a conditioner after. I have tried just conditioning the ends of my hair but my roots still get oily too quickly forcing me to wash my hair more often than I am comfortable with (I try to stick with every 2-3 days). I give this a 3.5 and may repurchase.

Smells really strong of jasmine, gets a little overpowering. Also completely stripped the red color in my hair that I had at the time. I mean, completely. And this was permanent, salon color just freshly done. Really harsh and the conditioning bits are not conditioning at all. Would not repurchase.

on 1/30/2015 9:15:00 AM

I love LUSH's solid shampoo line. Godiva is my 3rd solid I've tried (I've previously loved Seanik, and felt "ehh" about squeaky green). I use it head to toe because the scent is so lovely, and I notice I don't use according to the website's instructions- I just lather it up in my hands a bit, put the bar down, and work with the lather in my hair (the website says to hold it in your hands and run it through your hair 3 times or something- I have short hair so it feels silly to do that). I don't really to "no shampoo" because I enjoy washing my hair (but I'm trying not to over-do it, no matter what product I am using), I shampoo about twice a week, and only using this product at that frequency works well for me, I can see how it might be a bit much if you used it every day. If you can get away with only a shampoo or two a week, this might be a great shampoo solid for you.

Regarding it melting: I don't keep it where the moisture can get directly to it, it lives in it's tin, on the ledge of the tub on the outside of the shower curtain. I don't put the lid on unless it's going in my gym bag for use in the shower in the changing room or something.

on 9/13/2014 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Godiva is my first solid shampoo from Lush. Love the scent, but it's really inconvenient, once it is soaked wet, it just dissolves away, they said one piece can last for 80 washes? No way! At least not with this one. I tried to keep it dry, but it turned into a melting ice-cream, this can be quite annoying. Next time, it might be wise to chop it into small pieces and put them away, take one when you need it.

I wish they could make a liquid shampoo version of Godiva, this is the best smelling shampoo I've ever had, and don't want to quit using. Despite of all the inconvenience and complaints, I enjoy being intoxicated by this lovely jasmine scent, and I will buy it again. LOL

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am working my way through my 3rd bar of LUSH Godiva shampoo bar, so I think that it's time to share my views on this product with MUA.

Side Tangent: My first Lush shampoo bar was Seanik, which I received in a swap. It was blue, it had seaweed in it, and it was supposed to be suitable for my hair type. Seanik left my hair flat and volume-less. I went back to Lush and discovered Godiva, which smells heavenly to me, imbued with lovely jasmine flowers. But... the SA refused to sell it to me, telling me that it was too moisturizing for my hair type. This happened several times, and finally, I managed to buy one when my usual SA wasn't there. I told myself that if it was indeed too rich, then I could just use it as a bar of shaving soap for my legs.

The first time that I used it, it indeed left my oil-prone hair squeaky clean. I was ecstatic and delighted in the scent of jasmine perfuming my bathroom. Since then, Godiva has been my go-to shampoo. I wash my hair every other day, so I don't use this every day. It really does last a long time. I was very skeptical when the SA said that you only need a few swipes to get bubbles, but it's true.

The trick is to find the right balance between the perfect number of swipes, and not getting the bar soggy. I find that the best way was to first wet my hair, then swipe 3-5 times across the top of my hair. I then massage it into my scalp and rinse. Then I flip my hair over, and repeat the process from the bottom side, and work my way up to the middle of my scalp.

As soon as I'm done with my swipes (out of the water's range), I place the bar back into the lush tin. (I didn't invest in a Lush tin until I started my second bar. Now I have two - one for my shampoo bar and one for my conditioner bar. But that's for another review.) If it is very wet, I just place the bar on the lid side of the tin until it was dry.

I've traveled across the country three times in the past year, and I love how travel-friendly it is, particularly by air. It's comparatively light-weight (for the number of uses you get out of it), spill-proof, TSA travel-friendly.

I was hesitant to spend ~$12 USD on a tiny looking shampoo bar, but don't let the appearance fool you. The scent will easily envelop any room you place it, It's a wonderful, hard-working product IF you know how to use it correctly.

The smell doesn't really linger in your hair after you wash off the shampoo, which isn't a deterrent for me.

My last few hairdressers have commented on how healthy-looking my hair looked. No split ends, keeps my oil-prone, straight, thick asian hair healthy and free of product build-up.

Plus, it's environmentally friendly since LUSH cut out the plastic packaging that are used by most shampoos. I always keep an extra bar on-hand, so I don't run low on this lovely staple. <3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I started bying LUSH becuase I am practically homeless, I work in peoples homes and I travel a lot, I need my stuff to be travel friendly, I dont want any leaky bottles in my luggage. So I went to LUSH asking for something that smells like Jasmine. They gave me this and Flying Fox. Many points that I already wrote about in my Flying Fox review are the same as here. But first of all this shampoo dries out my hair terribly. I also have Soak and Float and my hair loves that one (and i do love the smell of that). Other point is that when I go swimming the smell of pool water + Lush Godiva or Flying Fox = smells shit. I was embarrassed to walk around smelling like that. I felt very uncomfortable about it. I Love jasmine but this is way too sweet for me and strange combined with my favorite hobby.

on 5/31/2012 12:52:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This smells amazing! But unfortunetly the smell fades quite quickly. And unlike the other solid shampoo bars, this one falls to bits very quickly, and doesn't last as long.
If there was a liquid shampoo which smelt like this I would be right there.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells SO good. Love the jasmine scent. I know this is a 2-in-1, but I still use conditioner (Suave hydration) with this shampoo because my hair gets really dry and frizzy and am trying to let my hair air-dry all summer. I will purchase again based on scent alone!

on 9/23/2011 6:25:00 PM

This stuff is awesome for my hair before when I would let my hair air dry it would come out a little frizzy yet lanky looking at the same time. I use this and then their jungle conditioner. Amazing! My hair is soft now and has a slight wave to it. The mixed smell of these two is awesome. My husband is picky about smells and loves this on my hair. People have complained about this getting soggy when they use the tin. Well this should be expected really because the bar isn't being allowed to dry properly. What I've done is buy a plastic dog brush. Weird I know! Bit this is a brush that's soap dish shaped and has these long spikes. I rest the soap and conditioner on the spikes and this allows the air to circulate all around and dry it quickly. Try it! They're super cheap at pet smart :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Smells amazing! I love jasmine and this delivers. It has a sweet scent to it as well. It's a 2-in-1 shampoo bar but does not weigh down my oily hair. It doesn't detangle well though. Lathers well and makes my bathroom smell amazing; no need for air freshener!

Video Reviews & Tutorials