L'Oreal Color Riche in Peony Pink

L'Oreal Color Riche in Peony Pink

3.9

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have pretty much had good luck with almost all L'oreal lipsticks I have tried, and there have been many, and this one is no exception. I would say this is a warm pink, sort of a satin/sheen, not a cream shade. In some lights I detect a slight shimmer to it. Not a dull-looking nor matte lipstick at all. Feels nice on the lips, comfortable to wear, easy to apply. Not the longest-lasting lipstick, I get around 4 to 5 hours out of this max, and then it fades a good deal, but still a trace of color will be left, and does not turn gummy or gunky or funny colors as the day wears on, so that is nice. Just a nice everyday shade. Nice and safe for school or work. Can go from day to night. Pretty versatile. Can brighten a look.

Now, the drawbacks: This oddly does settle into my lip lines, which is pretty unusual for me for L'oreal lipsticks. I feel like it makes me look like I have 'old lady lips. There is the typical L'oreal lipstick smell; but it does not seem as pungent/strong with this shade. Also, the usual L'oreal tube with the little notch that some dislike because it makes closing the tube a little 'difficult' because you have to look at it when you close it/line it up. The tip of the lipstick also extends just a tad, so you have to be careful when putting the lid back on, as to not nick the tip of the lipstick. This also seems to make my teeth look yellow, which is odd, rarely does a lipstick make my teeth look yellow. So those little "drawbacks," while very minimal and even a little trivial, still factored into my rating of this and dropped this down from what could be and should be 5-stars/5-lippies down to just 4 lippies/4-stars. A nice lipstick, but not a 5-star product.

on 6/10/2015 10:04:00 AM

I love L'Oreal COlor Riche fomula, its so creamy and moisturizing!

Peony Pink is a pretty color, almost a neutral for my lips, only with shimmer

I don't mind the old school L'Oreal lipstick sent

However i find it a bit too frosty for my likings, wont repurchase

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/15/2014 4:46:00 PM

I own dozens of lipsticks, mostly drugstore brands, but there are only a handful of lipsticks I care to repurchase. Recently, I stumbled across L'Oreal Color Riche lipstick in Peony Pink, and it occurred to me that it might be a dupe for Revlon's discontinued Cherry Blossom #487 (not to be confused with the current red shade Revlon sells under the same name, but the prior version in a warm medium pink-plum shade with just a hint of blue pearl finish.) L'Oreal's Peony Pink does have almost an identical hue, if not a tad deeper, but the shimmer is silvery white, and because of the amount of frost it feels somewhat slippery and doesn't have quite as much staying power in comparison to L'Oreal's creme finishes. (The upside is, it feels more moisturizing than the creme versions.) I will continue to wear Peony Pink because I don't shy away from shimmer lipsticks; still I am in mourning for my beloved Revlon Cherry Blossom #487. I would consider buying Peony Pink again, but only if I fail to locate a less frosty version of the same color.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this lipstick! So mosturizing on me! I can really feel it doing its job :) My only problem is the colors are too sheer but overall recommend! :)

on 3/30/2012 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Peony pink is a shinny medium pink.it goes on smoothly on the application,last verry long.it goes well with: black,pink,purple,nude,silver,grey eye shadows! Love it!

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was the first lipstick I ever purchased. It was smooth and creamy and had an average lasting power.

DOWNSIDE: This shade definitely does not go well with my skintone. It is too cool toned and comes off as a Barbie pink on my lips.

The lipstick itself is great, but I wouldn't buy this shade if your skin has warm undertones and is medium in color or darker.

on 12/21/2009 1:15:00 PM

I bought this wanting a kind of opaque pure mauvy-pink, but this is still good even though it is not what i had wanted. It is a mauvy-pink, but the shimmer and shine in it make it look sheer. I'm NC20-25 and this is a very good MLBB shade with a touch of pink. Probably will not repurchase.

on 1/9/2009 9:38:00 PM

I need another pink lipstick like I need a hole in my head but there I was buying it. Having said that this is really nice medium plummy pink that, I imagine would be flattering to variety of coloring. I'm NC20(or 25), dark hair, blue eyes and this color makes my eyes look more blue and warms up my pale skin quite nicely. Not sure if I would repurchase-I have too many lipsticks and it doesn't last as long as Revlon lippies(my favorite).

Even with Targets horrendous lighting I made a really good choice. This is a subtle realistic pink-I wanted something close to my natural lip color that would bring some light to my usually makeup-free face. It lasts well, & I apply it over a waxy lip balm to help it along. I haven't noticed any unpleasant smell.

on 8/5/2006 7:43:00 PM

Great medium pink color with subtle shimmers. Has the signature L'Oreal staying power and looks very sexy on. I love L'Oreal lipsticks, my fave is Tickled Pink, but this one would definitely be in my group of favorites. Lovely color.