LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

Filtered by hair type : Straight
LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

3.4

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cherry Infusion (Prunus cerasus), Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Coconut Infusion (Cocos nucifera), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer), Snowflake Lustre Colour, Colour 61585, Colour 18050, Methylparaben * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 8/4/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am in love with Whoosh, as are my two daughters. I thought they would like this more since it is sparkly and smells sweet. Unfortunately the sweet smell becomes overpowering and overwhelming the shower. It is a nice scent but is cloying.
I am a sucker for gimmicky bath stuff and love the shower jelly but I will be sticking with the Whoosh scent from now on.

on 8/1/2014 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Let me start off by saying that the smell is what drew me towards this product; I didn't really think of what would happen when I actually used it, so let me tell you how it is.

This stuff is messy. I read reviews before purchasing and I agree with the majority of them; clumps fall off of the jelly and clog your shower. Whether you cut a piece off or use it whole, the fact that it will be all over the shower floor is inevitable.
That being said, it smells like heaven and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. I do have a strange recommendation though:
take a knife and cut a piece off, put it on a washcloth and SPREAD IT ON THE CLOTH. When you get in the shower, put some water on it and rub it together for some lather. There you go, no clumps, easy clean. I cannot see this product working too well on a loofah.
I would repurchase, but I just wish Lush would maybe use a squeeze bottle? I don't know, just do something to avoid those annoying blobs of jelly that make the shower floor all slippery :(
Overall, I am quite content with this product.

***UPDATE***
This stuff completely fell apart on me! All chunky and no longer put together. It's not even a jelly anymore. Don't think I will be repurchasing

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The scent of this is divine, however I will not repurchase as the jelly format is not practical for use in the bath/shower. I lose most of it down the plug hole!

on 5/22/2013 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

It's cute and funny n wobbley but not for everyday use I don't think. I prefer to use lush shower gel and soap

on 11/9/2012 8:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the smell , texture , its foamy , cute and we always use it after work out as the smell quiet strong - never broke ! yet ? so yes go for it its fun little wobbly thing .

on 9/20/2012 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this product because I love the smell but it doesn't seem to linger at all. I'm also sick and tired of most of this slippery jelly ending up on the floor of my shower. I'm really not sure what they intended with this product. How are you supposed to use it? Breaking a little off at a time is really difficult and the chances of managing to lathers it up before it slips through your fingers is slim.

on 1/30/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Am not feeling this much. Although the smell is nice and it's very refreshing to use a piece of it from the fridge (where I store it), and it's nice to use with a cold shower in hot weather, the nature of it makes the jelly slip all over the place. Even mushing it onto my sponge which has a deep indentation in the middle to hold gels, it will still slip off. That leads to alot of waste. Won't be getting it again. I got this one in one of the gift sets anyway.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

i bought a big jar of this simply to wash my hair with since i love the smell and was hoping it would linger on my hair (i mean, that would be totally awesome right lol). well i dont think i need to commend on how great the smell is (smells exactly like the comforter bubble bar and you snap the whip body butter) and it has sparkles in it, yay! it lathers up well when i use it in a shower puff however for some reasons it doesnt really lather up on my hair regardless how soggy my hair is. it sort of feels like it doesnt cleanse my hair properly however i must admit that i do an oil treatment everytime i wash my hair. so it feels like it doesnt lather up and it doesnt get rid of the oil properly plus it just crumbles into pieces and i have to use a lot of it. its pretty cheap for a lush item however i just dont think it works well for a shampoo for my long hair which is what i bought it for in the first place. i havent really noticed any hair-softening effects either like some reviewers have mentioned but im going to try it again the next time i wash my hair just for the hell of it!

on 1/2/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to love this product, but it just didn't work out for me. This would be a really fun soap if you have kids, but it wasn't practical for me at all.
...
First of all, the scent of Sweetie Pie was way too sweet for me. I probably should have purchased another scent instead. This smells like berries and gummy bears.
...
Secondly, the consistency was like Jell-O, which is really cool and fun, but I found it too difficult to use. When I scooped out a chunk, it would often fall onto the shower floor and wash away before I could use it. I also had a tough time working it into lather. Finally, I just started mashing a piece into my bath loofah and lathering it up into it.
...
Overall:
Pros: a fun and new product, good for kids to play with
Cons: not practical, difficult to work into a lather, a bit expensive, scent too strong and sweet for me

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The trick to this product is to find the best way to use it for you. You can put it in a puff and it lathers really nicely, or you can mush it up in a blender and use it as a sort of gloopy shower gel, or put it in the freezer and use it during summer to cool down, it really depends on how much time you want to put into using it.
It is worth it though as it smells delicious; like berrys. I would say, however, that the smell doesn't reallly linger on your body which is a shame as who wouldn't want to smell like that all day.
As for benefits to the skin I didn't notice too much. It certainly didn't make my skin any worse nor did it dry it out so I wouldn't buy it for its amazing skin properties. It would be brilliant as a gift to a child (or maybe teenager to encourage them to bathe once in a while!). And a good gift to introduce someone to Lush.