LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

Filtered by skin type : Combination
LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

3.6

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cherry Infusion (Prunus cerasus), Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Coconut Infusion (Cocos nucifera), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer), Snowflake Lustre Colour, Colour 61585, Colour 18050, Methylparaben * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 6/23/2015 11:03:00 PM

I received this as a birthday gift. I must admit it is one of my favourite LUSH scents EVER. However I found the jelly very difficult to use. I ended up losing a lot of it down the shower drain and couldn't lather it up. Overall, it was interesting to try and as a gift it was nice

This stuff is very wobbly! It smells like a mix of grape juice and Ribena. Fun to use and amazing texture on skin.. feels like you're getting a jello massage. Washes well and leaves skin supple. Be careful not to use this in a bath tub though, as it could be slippery! An all in one product that's good for travelling.

on 2/12/2015 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this product. One of my favorite LUSH products (especially price wise).

Pros:
It lathers well if you use a loofah.
I was sweaty and gross and it cleaned me well and made me smell great.
I used it last night and woke up and could smell it on my skin.
Great price, you hardly need any for a good wash and it lasts ages.

Cons:
The texture is quite thick and trying to get a piece for the shower was a bit difficult, I have long nails so I just ripped some off but you could use a knife or spoon I'm sure.

If you have any issues with using it I'd definitely recommend putting a small amount on a loofah or flannel and lathering it up. Way easier than rubbing yourself with the actual jelly.

This product is super fun. It's literally like jelly. I like to store it in the fridge and then take a spoonful into the shower with me when needed, I feel like in the Australian summer it may melt if not kept cool. The jelly has shimmer in it, though this does not transfer to the skin. It smells very sweet and fruity, like cherries and strawberries. Lush claims this smells like cherry and coconut, though personally I cannot detect the coconut so would not recommend buying it if the coconut scent is what is pulling you. However, it lathers well and leaves my skin feeling very soft, I did not even want to moisturise afterwards (though I would recommend doing so to be honest). It lasts a long time though can be a little more inconvenient than a traditional soap or shower gel. Be careful not to drop it or it will go straight down the drain!

on 12/27/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

Omgosh, this was a really fun product. I will probably buy as a gift for someone but not for myself again because I never found a great way to use the jelly. A lot went down the drain. However, the smell is so awesome. This made my entire restroom smell delicious. My son really enjoyed using this when he showered. Mostly throwing it around because it's so fun to play with, but it also did the job of getting him squeaky clean.

on 8/1/2014 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Let me start off by saying that the smell is what drew me towards this product; I didn't really think of what would happen when I actually used it, so let me tell you how it is.

This stuff is messy. I read reviews before purchasing and I agree with the majority of them; clumps fall off of the jelly and clog your shower. Whether you cut a piece off or use it whole, the fact that it will be all over the shower floor is inevitable.
That being said, it smells like heaven and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. I do have a strange recommendation though:
take a knife and cut a piece off, put it on a washcloth and SPREAD IT ON THE CLOTH. When you get in the shower, put some water on it and rub it together for some lather. There you go, no clumps, easy clean. I cannot see this product working too well on a loofah.
I would repurchase, but I just wish Lush would maybe use a squeeze bottle? I don't know, just do something to avoid those annoying blobs of jelly that make the shower floor all slippery :(
Overall, I am quite content with this product.

***UPDATE***
This stuff completely fell apart on me! All chunky and no longer put together. It's not even a jelly anymore. Don't think I will be repurchasing

on 6/23/2014 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is just kinda eh to me. I love Whoosh, so upon smelling this I thought I'd like it too, since shower jellies were one of the first products I started buying from LUSH. The smell is nice and sweet, blackcurrent and cherries with a hint of coconut, and i love the purple color with sparkles. But I found that when I smooshed this into my loofah, I didn't get that great of a lather, plus this product seemed to be thicker and harder to pull apart than Whoosh. It was just hard to get a lather out of this. I won't repurchase this, but I will repurchase Whoosh since it's my all time favorite!

on 5/22/2013 6:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I see this as sort of a novelty product - it's fun to play with, poke, watch it wobble, smell it, it's good for all these things, but when it comes to showering with it... nah, not for me.

It gets slippery and breaks and for something this expensive I feel stressed about losing half of it in my shower drain. Still a fun thing and I'd buy this as a present for someone, but not for myself.

on 3/11/2013 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This smells so sweet and fruity and I love it! It's pretty easy to use. I just pinch off a small piece and rub into one of those shower puff things and it lathers a lot. The smell doesn't linger that much though. This product also lasts such a long time. You should also try not to get water into the jar or it will melt and become liquidy.

on 11/9/2012 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I really love how this smells and cleanses. I have dry skin and this cleanses without stripping my skin. I see sparkles in it but not sure what it does since it is washed away anyway.

It's got this fruity scent that i love but i just hate how it falls off my skin before lathering. First i tried scouping the product and rubbing on my skin, most of it fell off and got wasted. Then i tried rubbing my damp shower lily or sponge directly into the pot. This method worked. I liked this product but hated how much work i have to go through to make it work. Loved everything about it, except how to work it.

Overall i really enjoyed it.