LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

Filtered by skin type : Dry
LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cherry Infusion (Prunus cerasus), Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Coconut Infusion (Cocos nucifera), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer), Snowflake Lustre Colour, Colour 61585, Colour 18050, Methylparaben * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 8/4/2014 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am in love with Whoosh, as are my two daughters. I thought they would like this more since it is sparkly and smells sweet. Unfortunately the sweet smell becomes overpowering and overwhelming the shower. It is a nice scent but is cloying.
I am a sucker for gimmicky bath stuff and love the shower jelly but I will be sticking with the Whoosh scent from now on.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love the smell of this, its sweet and fruity just what i love. I don't really know if i like the jelly, its hard to use most of it just seems to fall down the plug hole! I would buy it to use it once in a while wouldn't use it if i'm in a rush as its a little bit time consuming and takes a while to lather up. If you are thinking of buying it, simply cause of the smell, you will not be disappointed.

on 4/4/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ok so I'm going to have to eat my words..I wrote a review about Lush saying I would never shop their again after multiple product let-dowsn, but then I decided to try this sweetie pie shower jelly. I've tried their shower gels (ok..but I ran through them too fast) I find bars of soap drying, and I wanted something new and exciting. Shower Jellies are definitely exciting this makes me so excited to take a shower!! It smells incredible and makes my shower smell amazing. All I do is take out a small chunk with my fingers (or a knife...more sanitary), crush it up into my loofah..and it suds up immediately. you really don't need much product at all. It's not drying as far as I can tell but not that moisturizing, no sparkles are left on my skin. I recommend this product above all of Lushes shower ges/soaps because it makes showering so much fun!! I think that's what Lush is best at, making pampering yourself something you look forward to.

EDIT: I got tired of this pretty quickly. I'm almost done with the large size tub and am forcing myself to finish it. The novelty of it wore off and the smell started to annoy me. Now I wish I had gotten whoosh. I've moved on to lush soaps now since loofahs started to freak me out with all the bacteria and what not. Won't repurchase this

on 9/17/2012 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I received this product in a swap, and I'm glad I did--I think I'd be irritated if I'd paid for it. It's like rubber soap--or really tough chunks of Jell-O--in a tub, which makes it very difficult to use. First you have to break off a chunk (I usually need to dig my nails into it to break a bit off), then squish it into a Buf-Puf body sponge or, even better, a Salux washcloth. Even then, chunks break off and end up in the bottom of the shower. That having been said, though, I do love the berry-currant scent and how soft it leaves my skin. But despite that, I won't purchase.

This is the first Lush product I have ever purchased, so feel free to take this review with a grain of salt. This is a fun product and I probably would repurchase, but it doesn't clean my skin any better than a cheap-o body wash. This is basically just a gimmicky, although still neat, product. I keep mine in the freezer and take it out before each shower. I dig a small chunk (probably more than really necessary) and fold it into my mesh "pouf" sponge and just rub the sponge all over like normal. This lathers pretty well and although there is glitter in the jelly, it does not really transfer to the skin. I have found this jelly to be a bit drying, but my skin is dry to begin with. Oh, and I wouldn't really worry about the expiration date too much. Mine is about a month past the date and it still looks and smells the same (maybe because I keep it in the freezer when not it use). Fun little product that actually lasts many many showers.

on my third jar of sweetie pie!! the big jar too i might add :) this stuff smells like soft sweet black currants, and looks so pretty in the the clear jars with the glitter swirled on in there (no glitter remains on you though ^.^) it lathers well and doesn't upset my skin which is prone to getting that dodgy hideous rash from sensitivity issues which has barred me from all drugstore/supermarket body washes... i adore this little pot of purple magic. cant imagine my day starting without it, especially in the dreary tones of winter when something chirpy and cheerful is needed for those 6 o'clock wake ups in the bitter cold. price is somewhat reasonable from what i remember and id recommend it to people with a tooth for blackcurrant pastel lollies :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Smells absolutely INCREDIBLE, each time I walk into my bathroom I open the pot just to smell it. I take just the tiniest amount and massage it onto my scrunchie, and I find that it lathers really well. The scent doesn't linger on the skin too long, but that doesn't matter to me, it's just a fun product to use and is a real scent treat for my nose. TRY IT!

on 2/13/2010 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an interesting product, the first time I used it I just rubbed it on my body, and although that worked somewhat, a lot of product got washed away b/c it doesn't lather up quick. Today I used it with a body pouf, and it lathered better, but still not as much as I would have liked it.
The smell is not bad, it is fruity - cherry soda and grape. I like it but I am not in love with it. It also goes away pretty fast, does not linger. A CON - it did not moisturize at all, my legs were pretty dry after using it.

I'm not sure I would get 80 -100 uses out of it (like the previous reviewer said). Even with a body pouf, it did not lather as much and I still used a decent amount. I would say half of that so 40-50, maybe I am using too much, but it does not feel like it.

It is a fun alternative to a regular shower gel or soap bar. And I would definitely like to try the other scents, like Whoosh

on 10/14/2009 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm kind of shocked at the low reviews of this, but after reading many I found it was because of improper use more than anything.

When talking to my LUSH sales associate (aka my best friend) she said the way that it was meant to be used is my cutting it up into extremely small pieces and crushing it into a shower poof. When put in the shower poof, it was extremely easy to get a really rich and thick lather. When you just rub the block against yourself, you are loosing product more than anything because it won't really active the bubbles therefor not really doing much in the soap department. When cutting up the shower jelly into little pieces I got almost 80-100 pieces for $12...so I think its totally worth it if you think about price per amount of use you get out of it.

When realizing that there was glitter in this I got worried for a second, but then come to find out the glitter was micro-fine. None of the glitter sticks on your skin, nor is it abrasive since it is in fact so fine.

As for the smell, when I first got it, it was waaaayyy too overpowering to the point that it made me queasy. But what I did was while away for the weekend I left it in a cool dark area exposed to air, and the scent calmed right down to the point of where I could enjoy it. It smells just like berry jam to me now (instead of the chemical scent that I got at first). I almost use this everyday now, and I'm constantly getting told that I smell good, so its likely if you use it as well, you will get the same response. This is my HG LUSH product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really love playing with this in the bath tub! It smells like Grape to me!
This lathers really well!