LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

Filtered by age: 19-24
LUSH Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly

3.5

Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cherry Infusion (Prunus cerasus), Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Coconut Infusion (Cocos nucifera), Perfume, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, Iridescent Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and Acrylates copolymer), Snowflake Lustre Colour, Colour 61585, Colour 18050, Methylparaben * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

This product is super fun. It's literally like jelly. I like to store it in the fridge and then take a spoonful into the shower with me when needed, I feel like in the Australian summer it may melt if not kept cool. The jelly has shimmer in it, though this does not transfer to the skin. It smells very sweet and fruity, like cherries and strawberries. Lush claims this smells like cherry and coconut, though personally I cannot detect the coconut so would not recommend buying it if the coconut scent is what is pulling you. However, it lathers well and leaves my skin feeling very soft, I did not even want to moisturise afterwards (though I would recommend doing so to be honest). It lasts a long time though can be a little more inconvenient than a traditional soap or shower gel. Be careful not to drop it or it will go straight down the drain!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love the smell of this, its sweet and fruity just what i love. I don't really know if i like the jelly, its hard to use most of it just seems to fall down the plug hole! I would buy it to use it once in a while wouldn't use it if i'm in a rush as its a little bit time consuming and takes a while to lather up. If you are thinking of buying it, simply cause of the smell, you will not be disappointed.

on 6/23/2014 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is just kinda eh to me. I love Whoosh, so upon smelling this I thought I'd like it too, since shower jellies were one of the first products I started buying from LUSH. The smell is nice and sweet, blackcurrent and cherries with a hint of coconut, and i love the purple color with sparkles. But I found that when I smooshed this into my loofah, I didn't get that great of a lather, plus this product seemed to be thicker and harder to pull apart than Whoosh. It was just hard to get a lather out of this. I won't repurchase this, but I will repurchase Whoosh since it's my all time favorite!

on 11/30/2013 6:03:00 PM

This is one of my favourite shower products. The smell is nice and girly and I also like the glitters! It's also very fun to play with in the shower but you have to be really careful and not drop your soap (lol) because it will go down the drain... They should make a shower gel with this scent! It works best when you take a little piece, put it into a shower puff and squeeze it: you will get a lot of foam and bubbles.

on 5/22/2013 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

It's cute and funny n wobbley but not for everyday use I don't think. I prefer to use lush shower gel and soap

on 5/22/2013 6:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I see this as sort of a novelty product - it's fun to play with, poke, watch it wobble, smell it, it's good for all these things, but when it comes to showering with it... nah, not for me.

It gets slippery and breaks and for something this expensive I feel stressed about losing half of it in my shower drain. Still a fun thing and I'd buy this as a present for someone, but not for myself.

on 4/4/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ok so I'm going to have to eat my words..I wrote a review about Lush saying I would never shop their again after multiple product let-dowsn, but then I decided to try this sweetie pie shower jelly. I've tried their shower gels (ok..but I ran through them too fast) I find bars of soap drying, and I wanted something new and exciting. Shower Jellies are definitely exciting this makes me so excited to take a shower!! It smells incredible and makes my shower smell amazing. All I do is take out a small chunk with my fingers (or a knife...more sanitary), crush it up into my loofah..and it suds up immediately. you really don't need much product at all. It's not drying as far as I can tell but not that moisturizing, no sparkles are left on my skin. I recommend this product above all of Lushes shower ges/soaps because it makes showering so much fun!! I think that's what Lush is best at, making pampering yourself something you look forward to.

EDIT: I got tired of this pretty quickly. I'm almost done with the large size tub and am forcing myself to finish it. The novelty of it wore off and the smell started to annoy me. Now I wish I had gotten whoosh. I've moved on to lush soaps now since loofahs started to freak me out with all the bacteria and what not. Won't repurchase this

on 3/31/2013 2:53:00 AM

Smells like comforter bubble bar. Lathers amazingly well on a salux cloth and only a tiny bit is needed. I don't get why a bunch of people say its wasteful and expensive unless they're just mashing it against their skin of course there would be no lather then. With the salux and a small 1 inch cube or less you get a ton of lather and bubbles. Really feel clean after using. Cheaper on the lush uk site than the us site if you're buying online. Cut it up into little bits then put back in the jar, so you can just take a piece out whenever you plan to use, instead of wrestling with a jar of jelly with wet hands.

First off, this smells very sweet.I liked it at first, but it's not fruity or "yummy" smelling in any way. It's so overpowering.
There is no way to hold on to this. It's so slippery, it just kept falling out of my hands over and over and over again. SO annoying.
It doesn't lathe up nicely, and it DEFINITELY doesn't get me clean.
It was nearly $7 for such a small tub. I gave it to my 7 year old sister. She had fun with it.
Yes it seems interesting and fun. It is in no way practical. I will not buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

As others have stated, this product is very gimmicky. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but a little difficult to use, as it takes work to break up the chunks and build a good lather. Sometimes small chunks of it will slip away from you and land on the shower floor, which is rather annoying and wasteful.
Like the You Snap The Whip Body Butter, this smells of root beer with a splash of cherry soda, in my opinion, but doesn't have the mineral overtone that the body butter has. The scent is much more pure. Unfortunately, the scent isn't very strong (I have found this to be the case with every LUSH shower gel that I've tried). I realize that highly fragrant shower products are not ideal for my skin, but when I'm in the mood for something fragrant, I really want to be able to smell it, otherwise, what's the point?? I'm currently living in a dorm and there are shower stalls right next to each other. I was taking a shower this evening and could smell this product as I was using it. But as soon as another girl began taking a shower, I couldn't smell this AT ALL! The fragrance was completely overtaken by whatever coconutty body wash she was using, which, as it happens, smelled good, and I will bet cost her less money. Not surprisingly, the scent doesn't linger on your skin. So yeah, I can't say I'm impressed. I'm glad I only purchased a small container of this.

I haven't tried putting it in the freezer yet, which sounds like a nice idea for the summer. I might repurchase this or another shower jelly at that time and give it a try, since the price of the shower jellies is slightly more reasonable than the shower gels.

Overall, I don't recommend this product too highly.