Garnier Soft Curl Cream [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/13/2009 1:50:00 PM

I heard this is dc? this is EXTREMELY hard to use, but once you've finally understand how it's used, you will love it.

here is my routine... (I have natural wavy hair...but with this product, my hair is curly! everyone always assume I use a curling iron)

after I get out the shower I apply leave in conditioner and wait a few minutes until it's damp (wet still but not dripping). then I apply a nickel size amount of this product and rub it within my palms until it's white. then i run the product through my hair after my hands are clean of this, I wash my hands. then I scrunch my hair up so it can be curly.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. however, if you use too much, then it makes your hair kind of hard. but if you use the right amount, you will honestly look like you have curly hair...naturally.

on 2/11/2009 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I purchased this before it was DCD. I have used it on a numbr of occasions. It does define my curls well but I find it has a dulling effect and my hair does have much shine when I use it. Won'r be repurchasing.

on 12/19/2008 9:37:00 PM

I have a container of this stuff and I'm almost out. I recently tried using it again and found the results to be nice. It defines curls all day wihtout being crunchy, allowing the perfect amount of hold and moisture. Love it!

Why the hell was this discontinued?! This stuff is the most unique curl creme I've ever tried. I have about 10,000 curly hair products, and none of them work that well on my naturally wavy thick hair. But with this, the results are incredible... frizz controlled, bouncy defined curls, without any crunch! One of the best curly hair products ever created, oh and smells amazing too. Oh well, Ce la vie!

I just found out about this product, and of course, it's been discontinued (but that's ok, I just bought 12 bottles to stock up!). I was very doubtful about this product when I was rubbing it in my hands before applying to my hair. It felt thick and sticky and just plain weird! But the results are undeniably wonderful... great hold, frizz control, bouncy defined curls, without any crunch! This gives me the same look I can get with mousse and gel, but with those types of products, my curls end up being really crunchy by the time I get them to look good. This stuff is the most unique curl creme I've ever tried...and the BEST! Dang you Garnier for d/c it!

man this stuff is sticky! dont like it

I have thick, naturally wavy hair, and I like this product because it really does create soft, voluminous curls. It pumps up the curls without ever getting crunchy, so I like it better than a mousse or a gel. My biggest complaint is that after using this product for a few days in a row, it really seems to build up on my hair and feels difficult to wash out. But since I don't use this every day it isn't a deal-breaker. I also don't like the packaging. The jar has an apple shape so the mouth is more narrow than the bottom... I can just imagine that when I get to the bottom it will be more difficult to reach in and scoop out. Another complaint is that this product doesn't seem to tame the frizz... But overall, I think the benefit of the nice curls it makes outweighs any of my complaints.

on 1/27/2008 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like to use this after using gel & plopping. I scrunch it into my damp hair & it adds extra hold to my waves. I tried mixing it w/my gel when my hair was still wet but that doesn't work for me. Excellent quality for the price.

Well, I have been looking for this kind of product for YEARS-- so it is indeed an HG! I have the sort of annoying wavy hair that air-dries into a half-limp and half-frizzy mess. I usually resort to blow-drying it straight, but I haven't used my hairdryer once since finding this product. I put a bit of this through my hair, then twist one-inch sections and let them air dry. The result is gorgeous, defined waves-- the Gisele look without having to use a curling iron. I will have to stockpile this in case they ever discontinue it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have curly chin length hair that is fairly dry and frizzy. I find that if I use this product and then diffuse my hair, it works like a dream. It does weigh my hair down a bit, but that is what I was looking for. It keeps my hair from frizzing too much, and if I twirl little sections around my fingers when its drying, it forms perfect little ringlets. For the price, I dont think you can beat it. This the the product that I generally use, but I am always looking for something better. My problem with it is the tub. I think that putting anything in a tub like that is just stupid.

Popular Styling Products