Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 7/20/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this after I read a lot of great reviews. I tend to like dry oils for my skin, especially my face. Unlike a lot of other oils (argan) I found this to oily and not that absorbent. I know a lot of people have complained about the smell, but I really like it, it smells just like fresh jasmine. The packaging is lovely, but you need to be careful since it's glass. I personally haven't saw any improvements with my skin, so I doubt I would buy this again.

on 7/18/2016 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to love this product, not only because of the hype but because I love oil based moisturizing products. The pros: It is a true dry oil that sinks into your skin immediately without leaving a greasy feeling. It moisturizes well and makes your skin soft and satiny. The glass spray bottle is very luxurious to use, makes dispensing the product easy and sanitary, and looks great on your vanity. The cons: The beautiful glass bottle can be slippery to hold in a damp bathroom environment. But worst of all: the SMELL! I know many people love the smell of this product, but I find it truly overpowering and cloying and can't get over it. I am not overly picky about scents, but this scent is truly too much for me and puts me off from wanting to use the product even though it works really nicely. If NUXE made a scentless version of this oil or a differently or lightly scented version, I would be the first in line to re-buy it.

To Read all 195 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/12/2016 7:20:00 PM

I didn't like using this on my face as a moisturizer, it made me break out and it looked oily. In all fairness, I had received it a while ago, so it might be that I waited too long to use it. I received a sample recently and used it to give shine to my hair and make it more manageable on a bad hair day and it worked very well. I'm not sure I'd buy the real deal because I don't find this essential to my beauty routine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My HG skincare product (i'm dry, sensitive, acne prone)

Uses for me:
-1 pump for daytime moisturizer with a facial spray, great under makeup (unless you're very oily)
-2 pumps at night with a cream moisturizer underneath (intensely hydrating, plumping, softening)
-1 pump on damp hair in my ends to keep them soft and manageable
-2 pumps before a shower (1/week) as a deep conditioner. I shampoo and my hair is super soft afterwards, not oily at all

Here's why I love it (besides the uses mentioned previous):
-DOESNT BREAK ME OUT (CAN I GET AN AMEN)
-smells nice, but not aggressive
-lightweight
-dries quickly
-natural ingredients
-easy for me to access (SDM, Jean Coutu, online, etc.)
-For an oil, pretty inexpensive (i think for me it was CAD60$?
-Lasts FOREVER (I've used it everyday for a year and im still not out)

Overall, I'm in love, highly recommend, especially for dry, sensitve skin

on 5/20/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really really love this product because it has multi-purpose , good smell and moisture
I apply about 2 drops on my hair before school just for protection but my friends say that "oh, you have a nice smell, i love it". It will make your hair being soft and straight naturally
I use for my face and body too and you know, it really does its work ! Some people say that it had SPF. So you can use in summer and dont worry about an oily skin

Love the bottle! I like using this on my hair, it smells very good. Everyone should buy this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a product I have just recently reordered! I wish it was an all-natural product, or had an all-natural version but I love the smell so much and the results that I choose to overlook that. I have very, very dry skin all over and I just recently started using this morning and night and it is a game-changer! I'm sure you could achieve this effect with a number of natural oils like jojoba, almond oil, etc but the scent is just so lovely and warm and summery. And I love that it is a french pharmacy staple ( the easiest way to market me is to tell me it's a french cult product ;) ) and it's maintained it's status for so many years. I like to apply it right after I shower in the a.m and give it some time to sink in, and at night I slather it on and wrap up in my bathrobe to give it a chance to absorb so I don't stain my sheets. I've used it in a pinch in my hair but even on my porous, dry, processed hair it seems a little greasy for daytime. It works ok as nighttime treatment on the ends but it is still pretty heavy for my hair. I've never tried it on my face because I try not to put anything with that much fragrance on my face, but I'm sure if that isn't a concern than it would be fine. It is also killer to apply lightly to shins if you're going out and want your legs to have a natural-looking glimmer.

on 3/25/2016 10:03:00 AM

I am so cheap, it took a lot to buy this product but I'm having more trouble with my skin than I ever have, suddenly dealing with breakouts and wrinkles at the same time (not fair!), moving countries and having to adjust to different climates and products... I am so glad I did though!

I have extremely pale, thin, sensitive skin. Very prone to breakouts, scarring and irritation. The idea of using oil on my skin was scary, but I've read enough online to be convinced to give it a go.

My skin feels softer, less oily, and looks bright and awesome in the mornings after I use this at night. I usually put it on before my night cream, but if I'm feeling lazy and my skin doesn't feel too dry I put it on by itself. I actually look forward to putting it on after my shower, its like a treat, and makes me feel luxurious.

I've been using it for a month now and have used less than a quarter of the small bottle so...very happy, praying it doesn't get discontinued like so many other products I've fallen in love with over the years.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Beautiful bottle. Perfect for hair and skin. A little difficult to use on the body due to its dropper top but good for small patches and for not wasting product. Strong scent, but its a good botanical scent. Sometimes I notice I'm not in the mood for the scent but otherwise I love it -- luxury products always have that feature.

on 2/4/2016 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I stumbled across Nuxe at a local Target and decided to give the oil a try at the recommendation of a friend. I'm so happy I did. I have oily skin that is prone to acne. I normally use jojoba oil and rosehip oil on my face and was a bit hesitant to use Nuxe but so far it's been great. It's not greasy and my skin has been looking great! I have used it for two weeks and noticed that my face looks brighter and smoother. I had a few dry patches from retin-a but this took care of that issue in two applications. My face also isn't as oily as usual. Initially I felt the smell was a bit old fashioned but now. I love it. I