Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)
Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.1

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 5/13/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

EDIT: at a local store, i asked why it wasn't in the Nuxe display and I was informed that this is no longer available for purchase in the US.
--------------
Original review:
I pull out the oil around this time every year. If I use it, it's usually after the shower. To me, it's just meh. I do like it more than the sharper and louder Nuxe perfume (thankfully I only have a sample of that one) and much more than the Nuxe lip balm that I actually tossed (the citrus irritated my lips). People who love this oil think it's scent is wonderful, subtle and skin melding. I think it's a cross between a white floral (I am not generally a fan) and a monoi type oil. I also don't find dry oils particularly moisturizing. Even though I don't have sensitive skin per se, I would not use this on my face. (I have aging, combination Asian skin, prone to milia and hives, but otherwise resistant to BHA, AHA and retinoids). If I want to feel like a French woman, I can bake a yogurt cake (this is a rare occurrence as my DH has given up sugar; I end up eating he whole thing by myself). Note: fans of this oil might also like NARS body glow oil. Yves Rocher also makes a monoi type oil, but I have not tried it.

An after bath oil that I do like on occasion is Narciso Rodriguez musc oil for her which is a very different scent and texture and distinctly not multi functional. (I don't like the perfume rendition or newer reformulations there either).

on 4/22/2017 3:33:00 PM

i love this oil! i have it in the shimmer and non-shimmer choices, in so many sizes. started with a sample, then purchased a few ounce bottles, now i'm using the 3.3 oz spray bottle, which i find is so much easier to use. no risk of over applying. i love the scent of this, which i know is not a fragrance for everyone. it has a clean, slightly floral scent. i use this mainly on my body and i find it to be a very nice moisturizer all year round. i have never used it on my face as i already have a face oil i love. i have used this in my hair and i find the results to be very shiny, soft hair. if you use too much it will definitely weigh your hair down (esp for fine hair) so i just use at the ends. the only drawback is the price, for me. it's a little pricy, but i genuinely enjoy this oil and use it so much that i don't mind spending extra than i would for other dry oils. the shimmery one leaves a nice, lightly golden, sheen, and i have not noticed any transferring to clothing or sheets. i'd definitely recommend this, but i'd advise smelling it first to see if the scent is agreeable to the individual. i usually use this at night after bathing, and i can still smell it (subtly) the next day. overall it's a winner for me. as others have mentioned, it does come in a glass bottle, (all the ones i've owned have) so you might want to take extra care to have dry hands so as not to drop it and risk it breaking.

on 4/11/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this product for my face! I have tried so many samples of different oils but none come close to how smooth my skin feels after using this. I use a small amount each night either over moisturiser or on its own and in the morning my skin looks great. Pores look minimised and skin feels smooth and great! Have yet to try under foundation as I have enough issues with an oily t zone that I struggle to use any moisturiser because my makeup just slips off...Will try one day though as there isn't any residue. Not wowed when using this on my body and have avoided using on my hair so far.

This dry oil feels so nice on the skin. BUT it smells sooo strongly, like old lady perfume. I also wasn't crazy about the packaging...

Hit and miss. The concept of a multi-purpose, luxurious, scented oil is great, but it's just not carried out very well.

Some of the ingredients are a cause for concern, and after doing some research have found that they're carcinogenic, allergy-triggering and shouldn't be breathed in, esp. Benzyl Salicylate (which is banned in the EU according to ewg, even though the oil is made in France a country currently in the EU). Why bother having natural ingredients that are beneficial, when there are also ingredients that do harm? It cancels out the benefits and makes it not worth using/buying.

Way too expensive for what you're getting. Oil doesn't absorb well, and isn't kind to sensitive skin due to the ingredients. Nice scent but a bit too strong (imo). The special edition bottle (showing Paris ♥ Nuxe with buildings) would have been nice if the classic French buildings were displayed properly (the cross on the iconic Sacre Coeur was censored...tsk tsk). Also it's nice at times to have a glass bottle for a product, but when it comes to oil, it poses a risk of slipping from oily hands and breaking.

There are lots of things to improve before spending money on this product. Until then, I do not recommend this product.

on 12/30/2016 12:08:00 PM

I am very prone to breakouts so I only used this on the ends of my hair and my hands, the smell is amazing and this and the cicaplast baume from la Roche Posay helped my hands heal after a nasty chemical burn

on 12/23/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really don't know what the fuss is about this product. I don't have particularly dry skin, but to get any moisturisation from this I have to use so much product. I'm 5'8" size US 6 (so not large) and I need approx 15 sprays from the bottle for each leg before I feel any benefit. The bottle itself may well be pretty, but it's so impractical; once you've done one leg the bottle slips from your hands making it difficult to spray. The fact that a glass bottle is really slippery is quite frankly dangerous in case it slips and smashes. The smell is ok, but I do believe that's individual preference; to me it's old fashioned. Overall I would not repurchase this.

on 12/14/2016 1:43:00 PM

This is a great oil, I have used it all over my body from scalp to feet and it is so moisturising and leaves a healthy glow but not a slick greasy shine.

Pros: Absorbs into skin well, gorgeous scent, handy spray bottle, decent price as it lasts ages, nice looking packaging, no break outs when used on my face and stopped cracked heels (after a while using it).

Cons: If you get the one without the spray it can dribble everywhere, hard to get hold of (but now it is in M&S!!)

Overall this is a great multi-purpose dry oil and a new favourite. I will definitely be buying it again.

on 9/24/2016 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Yep
Nothing to complain about, the smell is a little unique but doesn't bother me like others.
I haven't tried it on my face yet, definitely will try after reading the reviews here. It works well on my hair, gives it a nice shine without being too heavy or greasy, the hair absorbs it nicely.

Pro:
- is being absorbed fast
- nice smell
- multi purpose

Con
- cruelty free?

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Before I give my review, let me just state that in the option above where it asks "If you ran out or lost thi sproduct would you buy it again?" I wanted to answer YES!!!!! and just keep on with the exclamation marks. This oil is like magic, I use it with Clinique and they both just work perfectly together. Puts my pores to sleep and when I use it with the shimmering oil, my skin looks like a mirror for real, like it's just like glass. No reactions, no breakouts, nothing, just perfect. And then when I put it on at night after washing my makeup off, when ever my hand brushes against my face while in bed, I have to go back and run my finger over it again like, is this my skin or just a baby's bum? Haha! Feels so soft and smooth, I do not ever want to lose this. Perfect oil.
And then the bottle is just perfect with the spray that makes it so easy to use without wasting any drop, you don't run the risk of it spiling over or whatever. And I LOOVEEEEE the subtle smell, smells like "truly expensive" luxury (you know those that don't really have to prove themselves but you can just catch a wift of their extreme wealth once in awhile, yes, that kind of luxury). And it's amazing how you just need one or two sprays and you're good, the bottle looks like it'll last me the entire year to be honest, I barely use anything so I'm sure I might still have in by the end of 2017, haha, probably not.