Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)
Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.1

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

This dry oil feels so nice on the skin. BUT it smells sooo strongly, like old lady perfume. I also wasn't crazy about the packaging...

Hit and miss. The concept of a multi-purpose, luxurious, scented oil is great, but it's just not carried out very well.

Some of the ingredients are a cause for concern, and after doing some research have found that they're carcinogenic, allergy-triggering and shouldn't be breathed in, esp. Benzyl Salicylate (which is banned in the EU according to ewg, even though the oil is made in France a country currently in the EU). Why bother having natural ingredients that are beneficial, when there are also ingredients that do harm? It cancels out the benefits and makes it not worth using/buying.

Way too expensive for what you're getting. Oil doesn't absorb well, and isn't kind to sensitive skin due to the ingredients. Nice scent but a bit too strong (imo). The special edition bottle (showing Paris ♥ Nuxe with buildings) would have been nice if the classic French buildings were displayed properly (the cross on the iconic Sacre Coeur was censored...tsk tsk). Also it's nice at times to have a glass bottle for a product, but when it comes to oil, it poses a risk of slipping from oily hands and breaking.

There are lots of things to improve before spending money on this product. Until then, I do not recommend this product.

on 12/30/2016 12:08:00 PM

I am very prone to breakouts so I only used this on the ends of my hair and my hands, the smell is amazing and this and the cicaplast baume from la Roche Posay helped my hands heal after a nasty chemical burn

on 12/23/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really don't know what the fuss is about this product. I don't have particularly dry skin, but to get any moisturisation from this I have to use so much product. I'm 5'8" size US 6 (so not large) and I need approx 15 sprays from the bottle for each leg before I feel any benefit. The bottle itself may well be pretty, but it's so impractical; once you've done one leg the bottle slips from your hands making it difficult to spray. The fact that a glass bottle is really slippery is quite frankly dangerous in case it slips and smashes. The smell is ok, but I do believe that's individual preference; to me it's old fashioned. Overall I would not repurchase this.

on 12/14/2016 1:43:00 PM

This is a great oil, I have used it all over my body from scalp to feet and it is so moisturising and leaves a healthy glow but not a slick greasy shine.

Pros: Absorbs into skin well, gorgeous scent, handy spray bottle, decent price as it lasts ages, nice looking packaging, no break outs when used on my face and stopped cracked heels (after a while using it).

Cons: If you get the one without the spray it can dribble everywhere, hard to get hold of (but now it is in M&S!!)

Overall this is a great multi-purpose dry oil and a new favourite. I will definitely be buying it again.

on 9/24/2016 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Yep
Nothing to complain about, the smell is a little unique but doesn't bother me like others.
I haven't tried it on my face yet, definitely will try after reading the reviews here. It works well on my hair, gives it a nice shine without being too heavy or greasy, the hair absorbs it nicely.

Pro:
- is being absorbed fast
- nice smell
- multi purpose

Con
- cruelty free?

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Before I give my review, let me just state that in the option above where it asks "If you ran out or lost thi sproduct would you buy it again?" I wanted to answer YES!!!!! and just keep on with the exclamation marks. This oil is like magic, I use it with Clinique and they both just work perfectly together. Puts my pores to sleep and when I use it with the shimmering oil, my skin looks like a mirror for real, like it's just like glass. No reactions, no breakouts, nothing, just perfect. And then when I put it on at night after washing my makeup off, when ever my hand brushes against my face while in bed, I have to go back and run my finger over it again like, is this my skin or just a baby's bum? Haha! Feels so soft and smooth, I do not ever want to lose this. Perfect oil.
And then the bottle is just perfect with the spray that makes it so easy to use without wasting any drop, you don't run the risk of it spiling over or whatever. And I LOOVEEEEE the subtle smell, smells like "truly expensive" luxury (you know those that don't really have to prove themselves but you can just catch a wift of their extreme wealth once in awhile, yes, that kind of luxury). And it's amazing how you just need one or two sprays and you're good, the bottle looks like it'll last me the entire year to be honest, I barely use anything so I'm sure I might still have in by the end of 2017, haha, probably not.

on 8/31/2016 8:19:00 AM

Expensive but worth it! I've been using a large bottle for almost about ten months now and I still have 1/4 bottle left. This luxurious dry oil can be used many ways all over your body & hair. I add one spray to my foundation in the morning for a beautiful smooth luminous glow - I've not had any skin breakouts. One spray with my night cream for added moisture & super soft skin. Then one on the ends of my hair after washing it but be careful not to use too much. The smell of divine but quite strong so I would smell it before you buy it! Also be careful with the glass bottle with slippery hands & tiled bathroom floors... Overall I would recommend it.

on 7/20/2016 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this after I read a lot of great reviews. I tend to like dry oils for my skin, especially my face. Unlike a lot of other oils (argan) I found this to oily and not that absorbent. I know a lot of people have complained about the smell, but I really like it, it smells just like fresh jasmine. The packaging is lovely, but you need to be careful since it's glass. I personally haven't saw any improvements with my skin, so I doubt I would buy this again.

on 7/18/2016 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to love this product, not only because of the hype but because I love oil based moisturizing products. The pros: It is a true dry oil that sinks into your skin immediately without leaving a greasy feeling. It moisturizes well and makes your skin soft and satiny. The glass spray bottle is very luxurious to use, makes dispensing the product easy and sanitary, and looks great on your vanity. The cons: The beautiful glass bottle can be slippery to hold in a damp bathroom environment. But worst of all: the SMELL! I know many people love the smell of this product, but I find it truly overpowering and cloying and can't get over it. I am not overly picky about scents, but this scent is truly too much for me and puts me off from wanting to use the product even though it works really nicely. If NUXE made a scentless version of this oil or a differently or lightly scented version, I would be the first in line to re-buy it.