Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)
Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.1

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

As much as I love the smell, I hate the fact that the staying power on my oily skin is essentially minimal. But I dont really care cause this scent is my favorite. I also have the Or one, it has a lot of gold glitter particles, that will stay for long on you. So apply with care, cause you ll end up looking all shiny. I only use those oils on my body, there arent really hydrating. I havent tried it on my hair, when I do, I ll edit my review.

Mine is about to end and I'm already crying over my small, small bottle. It's absolutely heavenly for me - the scent is marvellous and with it, I've found love in dry oil form. I usually use it after a shower or before going out, to be extra soft. I also do use it in my hair (a small amount, of course) and it tames my messy waves wannabe curls and leave so me with manageable, soft hair. It's real pricey here in Brazil, but like... definitely recommended.

on 6/27/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It is dry oil, so the feeling after aplication is not greasy. The smell is incredible but unfortunately lasts for about a minute. I use it after epilation, it doesn't sting or burn, just protects and soothes my skin. Now there is a new formulation of this oil, with a new ingredient - tsubaki oil, not a really noticeable change, except for the price which is lower, I think before it was around 30€, now 25. Eventhough it is supposed to be multi-purpose oil I don't use it on my hair since even very small amount makes it greasy. For the same reason I don't use it on my face. I use before my body lotion and after body hair removal. The package looks nice, but only 100ml package comes as a spray, 50ml is a splash bottle. I find spray bottle easier to use.

on 6/25/2017 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is one of those oil products that I have but seldomly use. It's not a bad product by any means but it's an extra step in skin care which I often don't have time for on most days. This oil does wonders for my skin. Leaves it moisturized and supple. Gives a dewy glow on my face after makeup application.The scent is tolerable (prefer Nuxe scent way more over the Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Capsules scent). Not crazy abt the spray output- it's messy... when I use it as a body moisturizer, I apply it in the shower stall as it creates an oily pseudo-slick from the overspray on nearby surfaces (cleanup is a drag)! When I apply Nuxe oil to my face; cpl sprays in my one hand, rub my hands together and then apply to my face. I tried this product in my hair and was totally disappointed! Made my hair texture feel dry, matted sticky and frizzy which I hate ( I have medium size ringlet curly hair -hair texture/feel is soo important to me). Overall it's a good product for the skin. It really leaves my skin dewy and nourished. It's defin not a miracle oil! There is a lot of product in the bottle which I don't see me finishing up any time soon... not a repurchase for me.

on 5/13/2017 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

EDIT: at a local store, i asked why it wasn't in the Nuxe display and I was informed that this is no longer available for purchase in the US.
--------------
Original review:
I pull out the oil around this time every year. If I use it, it's usually after the shower. To me, it's just meh. I do like it more than the sharper and louder Nuxe perfume (thankfully I only have a sample of that one) and much more than the Nuxe lip balm that I actually tossed (the citrus irritated my lips). People who love this oil think it's scent is wonderful, subtle and skin melding. I think it's a cross between a white floral (I am not generally a fan) and a monoi type oil. I also don't find dry oils particularly moisturizing. Even though I don't have sensitive skin per se, I would not use this on my face. (I have aging, combination Asian skin, prone to milia and hives, but otherwise resistant to BHA, AHA and retinoids). If I want to feel like a French woman, I can bake a yogurt cake (this is a rare occurrence as my DH has given up sugar; I end up eating he whole thing by myself). Note: fans of this oil might also like NARS body glow oil. Yves Rocher also makes a monoi type oil, but I have not tried it.

An after bath oil that I do like on occasion is Narciso Rodriguez musc oil for her which is a very different scent and texture and distinctly not multi functional. (I don't like the perfume rendition or newer reformulations there either).

on 4/22/2017 3:33:00 PM

i love this oil! i have it in the shimmer and non-shimmer choices, in so many sizes. started with a sample, then purchased a few ounce bottles, now i'm using the 3.3 oz spray bottle, which i find is so much easier to use. no risk of over applying. i love the scent of this, which i know is not a fragrance for everyone. it has a clean, slightly floral scent. i use this mainly on my body and i find it to be a very nice moisturizer all year round. i have never used it on my face as i already have a face oil i love. i have used this in my hair and i find the results to be very shiny, soft hair. if you use too much it will definitely weigh your hair down (esp for fine hair) so i just use at the ends. the only drawback is the price, for me. it's a little pricy, but i genuinely enjoy this oil and use it so much that i don't mind spending extra than i would for other dry oils. the shimmery one leaves a nice, lightly golden, sheen, and i have not noticed any transferring to clothing or sheets. i'd definitely recommend this, but i'd advise smelling it first to see if the scent is agreeable to the individual. i usually use this at night after bathing, and i can still smell it (subtly) the next day. overall it's a winner for me. as others have mentioned, it does come in a glass bottle, (all the ones i've owned have) so you might want to take extra care to have dry hands so as not to drop it and risk it breaking.

on 4/11/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this product for my face! I have tried so many samples of different oils but none come close to how smooth my skin feels after using this. I use a small amount each night either over moisturiser or on its own and in the morning my skin looks great. Pores look minimised and skin feels smooth and great! Have yet to try under foundation as I have enough issues with an oily t zone that I struggle to use any moisturiser because my makeup just slips off...Will try one day though as there isn't any residue. Not wowed when using this on my body and have avoided using on my hair so far.

This dry oil feels so nice on the skin. BUT it smells sooo strongly, like old lady perfume. I also wasn't crazy about the packaging...

Hit and miss. The concept of a multi-purpose, luxurious, scented oil is great, but it's just not carried out very well.

Some of the ingredients are a cause for concern, and after doing some research have found that they're carcinogenic, allergy-triggering and shouldn't be breathed in, esp. Benzyl Salicylate (which is banned in the EU according to ewg, even though the oil is made in France a country currently in the EU). Why bother having natural ingredients that are beneficial, when there are also ingredients that do harm? It cancels out the benefits and makes it not worth using/buying.

Way too expensive for what you're getting. Oil doesn't absorb well, and isn't kind to sensitive skin due to the ingredients. Nice scent but a bit too strong (imo). The special edition bottle (showing Paris ♥ Nuxe with buildings) would have been nice if the classic French buildings were displayed properly (the cross on the iconic Sacre Coeur was censored...tsk tsk). Also it's nice at times to have a glass bottle for a product, but when it comes to oil, it poses a risk of slipping from oily hands and breaking.

There are lots of things to improve before spending money on this product. Until then, I do not recommend this product.

on 12/30/2016 12:08:00 PM

I am very prone to breakouts so I only used this on the ends of my hair and my hands, the smell is amazing and this and the cicaplast baume from la Roche Posay helped my hands heal after a nasty chemical burn

Popular Lotions / Creams