NUXE Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

NUXE Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)
Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.1

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

In a world where there are so many oils available this one is reasonably priced and absorbs into skin well.
HOWEVER it is dreadful in my asian hair making it oily looking- I could hardly wait to wash it out.
If you are thinking of buying this:

1) you must test it in person or get a sample. It is HIGHLY EXCESSIVELY fragranced- which you may not like and your skin may react to it or not
2) try it how you intend to use it. I personally think this is NOT going to suit everyones hair.

on 8/26/2018 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a lovely dry oil. It's not a miracle product, but is a basic oil that does the job. What makes this product stand-out for me is the scent. It's the traditional Nuxe scent that I really enjoy. I use this on my body after a shower. I don't use it on my face or hair. I like the packaging. It's a simple glass bottle with a spray nozzle (100ml version). The spray is nice and doesn't clog - though I do get overspray onto the bathroom floor which can be a bit slippery. The 100ml version lasts me well over a year.

I must be one of the lucky ones who has been able to purchase the 50ml bottle that has a spray nozzle. Even the salesperson at SDM commented about it. I use this oil primarily on my skin and rub the remainder on the ends of my hair, which is brittle from over processing and heat applications. Less is more with a dry oil for me and I am a bit apprehensive to apply a generous amount to my face because it is fragranced. I like the fragrance, don't get me wrong, but again, for me, less is more.

I have found that it does help the ends of my hair to look a bit better and fewer flyaways, I do get lovely comments when I hug someone, especially the BF, who for the most part isn't a huge fan of heavily scented products ( used the unscented Ellenet hairspray once and was promptly told I smell like an old lady.....we wasn't wrong I bloody did!)
It is readily available to me here in Canada at SDM. It is a bit pricey but because you need to use a small amount it lasts quite a long time. The fragrance reminds me of something I used when I was a teen but for the life of me I can't place it, anyone else feel that? It absorbs nicely into the skin leaving it very soft and silky, super lux. For the record, I have normal skin, but combo on the face. It lasts almost 8 hours on my skin.

Overall I think for the money it is worth it. If I were to say that its a miracle oil, uh nah, but I do like it in my skin care routine, it has a very nice light fragrance if used in moderation, the 50 ml bottle travels well and can be in my carry on, skin is better with it than without, a bit of a luxe item. I would recommend and repurchase for sure. I would like to try the one with the shimmer in it for summer or for vacay.

on 5/30/2018 4:54:00 AM

This is considered one of the best French Beauty Products and I understand why...

This lightweight, dry oil is perfect to use all over your face, hair and body. It is an expensive product, but a little goes a long way!

I have the small bottle (50 ml) and have used it at least 3 times a week for almost two years. Bear in mind, I use about a coin-size amount in my hand for my face then rub the remainder on the ends of my hair, to combat frizz, then into my hands and elbows.

It has a lovely, spicy fragrance to it. If you adore the smell as much as I do, they have a perfume too, specifically created because women liked the oil's scent.

Pros
- Subtle, spicy fragrance
- Multi-purpose: can be used for hair, body and face
(which is always a win to me; saves you some time, money and travel space)
- Created from natural oils, can be used on all skin-types
- Lasts long

Cons
- Expensive
- The small bottle does not have a spray nozzle, so you have to be careful when pouring

I usually apply this before my moisturiser in the mornings, especially in winter or as a night cream. It has not caused any breakouts or irritated my skin whatsoever. I have found that I am able to apply it to my eczema without any concerns.

I add a little bit to the ends of my hair and sometimes I will add a few drops to aqueous cream for a scented moisturiser which I layer with the Nuxe perfume for long-lasting fragrance.

on 5/11/2018 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this - such a lovely scent and leaves skin silky smooth.
Probably too oily for my face (I have oily skin) but a little goes a long way on the body.
Brilliant body moisturiser

on 5/11/2018 6:35:00 AM

I had tried a generous sample and bought a 30ml bottle as I loved the scent. Moisturises my body lovely without feeling heavy or oily and leaves it soft. I also use it on my face at night over my moisturiser to lock in more moisture, also great and sometimes I might run the tiniest bit through my hair for some sheen. Very happy with it and it was dirt cheap, I think I purchased it for 9 euros from a greek pharmacy online.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I absolutely love this oil, i use it on my face daily. I have ageing skin (im 46) and quite dry, but with this my face becomes so soft, luminous and glowy... Smells beautiful... Takes a while to sink in so i wouldn't recommend make up straight on top. I cant stop touching my skin.. It was so dry!.. Ill always buy this now.
I did try it on my hair, which was the original purpose i bought it for, as i love hair oils, but it made my hair quite greasy (i used it pre-shampoo), which other hair oils don't do.
So i wouldn't recommend for hair, though mine is on the fine and greasy side anyway and i might have applied too much, but only as much as i do with my other oils, such as Elvive Extrodinary Oil for hair.
But for face i love! I imagine its fab for body too but i don't want to waste it!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i also received this as a gift with purchase. The first Nuxe product for me. The smell is strong close up but quite plesant in small amounts. I do not like the open top as you spill it everywere trying to get a drop or two. I am used to a bottle and dropper so found this really awkward and messy to use. I have put some in a small dropper bottle to use. I use a drop on my dry lips at night and mix two/three drops in my hand cream where it works well and smells great at night Also a small amount in the bath water leaves your skin soft and you relaxed at night
Would i purchase it again. the answer is no as it is not easy to use in its bottle If nuxe brings out a new package with a dropper it would be a stapple in my beauty routine

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a small bottle of this as a gift with purchase and I’ve been using it off and on for about 6 months now, it’s honestly leaving me feeling “meh”. I dislike the bottle because it has an open top which requires me to pour the oil out and I always make a mess when doing this. It is so wasteful it drives me crazy. As others have mentioned, this is a “dry” oil and therefore does not leave a greasy feel behind when using which is the probably the best thing I can say about it. I have long, wavy/curly, medium thick hair, and a LOT of it so am always looking for products that will infuse moisture or add shine to my hair. I have used this on primarily the ends of my hair to seal them and then I run my hands along my hair to add a glossy shine to it. The oil is okay but not my favorite for hair or skin care. I will use it up eventually, because I just don’t reach for it all that often, but I won’t purchase it.

on 10/4/2017 9:46:00 AM

This oil is heaven. I bought about 6 months ago because of reviews. At the time I wasn't crazy about it.. on its own it's mediocre. But recently I brought it into use again after a particularly punishing winter in a desperate attempt to revive my skin. And OMG... wow!! My skin feels like silk. I use it as a body oil, mixed with Sukin body lotion. For every pump of lotion, I mix 2 pumps of Nuxe. I mix the together in my hand then apply. After about 2 weeks of daily use my whole body feels softer than it has in ten years. I don't rate it as a face or hair oil, there are better products (see Hello Hair, that stuff is amazing). But as a body oil mixed with Sukin... seriously, give it a go! As a bonus, it will make your self tan wear a million times better too! Thank me later :)

Popular Lotions / Creams