NUXE Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

NUXE Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)
Huile Prodigieuse (Multi-Purpose Dry Oil)

4.1

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

nope.I received this free in a gift bag and the smell was just way too much for me.my husband said"what's that stink is that you?"I tried it on my very wavy highlighted hair and it just sort of sat there.I know it gets great reviews but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

on 3/30/2019 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very nicely scented oil that I like using before bed. Seems to moisturize well and smells very nice, like a soft musk type scent. Is expensive for what it is but can often be purchased in a set with other nuxe items at shoppers drug mart which makes the price much better. Would probably splurge on a repurchase.

on 3/19/2019 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I had to throw a way my bottle after trying it out multiple times. The first time, my body felt slightly itchy. The more I used it the more reactive i became. My skin would start getting red bumps and was unbearably itchy that I had to shower it off. I also didn’t find it very moisturizing.. strange. I have a tendency to break out from coconut oil and olive oil dries me out (found out after using DHC cleansing oil for a while). Maybe this was the reason... anyway, this cult product was not for me.

on 2/23/2019 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Wonderful product although on the pricier side. Chanced upon it on a site, not realizing it's a cult favorite. It's a multi purpose oil, free from mineral oil and silicone, that can be used on face/body/hair. I live in the tropics where it's crazy humid but I have very dry skin. This oil leaves my skin wonderfully soft and moisturized, imparting a lovely scent. Best of all, it's a dry oil so it doesn't feel heavy or greasy - I apply after a shower and I can get dressed without having to wait for it to dry down. I've never tried it on my face but I've used it on my hair while on holiday (didn't want to pack too many things) and it helped smooth down the frizzies. Love the packaging, so lux! If I head to Europe I may be tempted to pick a bottle or two again, but as it's pricey I'll have to consider this a treat and wait for special deals online.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

(I took one lippie off because here in Australia— its ridiculously expensive.)
I have normal to dry skin, showing the ravages of a decade undergoing chemotherapy. Chemo dries your skin and, in my case, almost burns it from the inside - so I have bright red inflamed cheeks for part of my treatment week. Because of this, I have to be oh so gentle with what I use on my face. I religiously follow an Asian beauty 7 step routine (I know!) and nothing goes on my face but the gentlest and simplest stuff.
So to this oil: yes, it’s smells lovely, but the best part of using it is how it gently balances and moisturises my skin. I use it at night as the second to last step of my routine. It goes on after my serums, my essences, and my actives but BEFORE my sleeping mask (or heavy night cream for non ABers). 2 sprays into a cupped hand then gets smoothed all over my face. An extra spray if my skin is particularly tender. Then slap on the sleeping pack and in the morning — glorious! In the morning, I use 1 spray before any primer or moisturiser.
No, I don’t look 25 or even 45 but I DO look like a 56 year old woman with beautiful skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Broke me out badely. This is marketed as a face-body-hair oil, definitely not face appropriate for me, it instantly broke me out. I was crazy enough to go back to it 3 days later because I wanted to make sure that it's unusable on face, I broke out a second time. It's not like my skin isn't used to face oils, I love them as they are very nourishing, but this one is bad.
I now use it on neck and décolletage and I quite like it, it isn't sticky and feels moisturising however it wasn't the purpose I bought it for as I already have products for that area.

on 11/20/2018 7:46:00 AM

I really love this product! The smell is amazing, it also lasts long, and leaves your skin so beautifully smooth! I love the fact that it does not leave oil stains, which unfortunately happens with most of my oil products!
I have found this great tutorial on how to properly apply it and am sharing it with you: https://fashionpotluck.com/product-reviews/winter-beauty-survival-kit
I hope you find it helpful- i think it is a must for cold, winter days! <3

on 11/14/2018 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product. I apply to my face on a night and the next morning my skin looks bright and refreshed. Redness is also reduced. Adore the fragrance too, so much so I have just bought the Christmas gift set containing the perfume. Haven't tried on hair or body yet as it's too good for my face to use elsewhere! Thanks nuxe!

on 10/24/2018 6:01:00 PM

I picked this up in Belgium. I like to use it on the ends of my hair after drying & curling it with an iron - i have color treated/bleached hair. I also use it on my neck and arms as a nice hydrator (I have normal to dry skin). I haven't put it on my face - I'm super picky about my facial oils, so I won't use it there. but for hair & body it is nice. I hate the cap though. Some of the oil will sit on the sprayer and then the lid will be suctioned to the bottle from the oil and eventually build up feeling leaky/messy.
There are a lot of multi-tasking oils out there so I won't repurchase this one. its fine but its also not easily accessible in the US, so I'll move on to something else.

on 10/24/2018 5:34:00 PM

Got myself a bottle, but I didn't know what to do with it. I ended up using it as face oil during the night. Luckily, it doesn't clog up my skin. It moisturizes nicely, but I would like to find something more suitable for my combination oily skin. Plus it is not cruelty-free.