4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

A cult favorite for many years, I don't know how I only just got round to trying it! For me this is not as versatile a product as it seems to be for others: example I cannot use on my face (breaks me out), unless I'm using an oil-free foundation in which case no more than a drop mixed in the palm of my hand with the foundation before applying, is sufficient, and negates the need for a primer! But for highlighting shoulders, décolletage and shins this works really great as it's a dry oil and once it sinks in, within a minute, it leaves a nice sheen and no oiliness or residue. Also works really well for taming my perpetual frizz and softening my hair - which it does spectacularly well (no doubt due to all the beneficial vegetable & nut oils in here). I don't really care for the fragrance but wouldn't say it's intolerable either. What you definitely wouldn't find me doing with this is using as a massage oil or hair/scalp treatment (I'd be going through a few bottles of this per month!). I have tried once in both cases and found it to work reasonably well, but not better than plain old coconut or Sweet Almond Oil. I'll stick to what this product does best for me! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (568 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0
from

3 months ago

I used this regularly for a couple of years & it does a good job of moisturizing without leaving a heavy, greasy film. I eventually gave it up because of the smell, which finally crossed my tolerance threshold. Many people love the scent. I don't, but tolerated it for the nice, light oil. It's just became too cloying & I just can't make myself use it anymore. If they had an unscented version, I'd buy it again.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

7 months ago

what i like about nuxe huile prodigieuse is that it actually deserves much of its hype. it smells amazing, it looks beautiful on your shelf, and it can be used not only on your entire body - hair and face included. it isn't greasy either. you can literally use this before your makeup routine, even with oily skin, and have no issues with application or wear. there are probably similar products that are less expensive but i think nuxe's versatility does make up for its cost a little bit.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

9 months ago

I love this oil! It smells divine, gets absorbed extremely quickly without leaving a greasy film.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

9 months ago

This is a cult beauty favorite that I’ve seen others post about for years, but I never broke down to actually purchase it. I recently decided to give it a go and I’m so glad I did. It is a combination of some pretty amazing oils including jojoba oil, borage oil, camellia oil and more. The first thing that draws you in is the gorgeous scent of orange blossom, magnolia and vanilla. The oil can be used pretty much anywhere: on the body after you shower, as a treatment for hair and to tame frizz and as a boost for your facial moisturizer leave skin super soft, hydrated without being too greasy and beautifully scented.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

10 months ago

Recently I discovered this fantastic huil in a little French shop on amazon.fr. I couldn't find it here in Australia, so I had to order it from overseas. So, it took me some time to get it. Anyway, I used it now and then, so I tried it out for some time, and I love it. It has this gorgeous smell which reminds me of French perfume. And the bottle looks so beautiful. I didn't break me out and made my hair feels so soft and shiny but not in a greasy way, well at first, but I used too much 😂. Love it can highly recommend it. But definitely not fragrance-free 🤧https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbjv_TVyxZU&t=561s

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

a year ago

nope.I received this free in a gift bag and the smell was just way too much for me.my husband said"what's that stink is that you?"I tried it on my very wavy highlighted hair and it just sort of sat there.I know it gets great reviews but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

Very nicely scented oil that I like using before bed. Seems to moisturize well and smells very nice, like a soft musk type scent. Is expensive for what it is but can often be purchased in a set with other nuxe items at shoppers drug mart which makes the price much better. Would probably splurge on a repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

1.0
from

a year ago

I had to throw a way my bottle after trying it out multiple times. The first time, my body felt slightly itchy. The more I used it the more reactive i became. My skin would start getting red bumps and was unbearably itchy that I had to shower it off. I also didn’t find it very moisturizing.. strange. I have a tendency to break out from coconut oil and olive oil dries me out (found out after using DHC cleansing oil for a while). Maybe this was the reason... anyway, this cult product was not for me.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

a year ago

Wonderful product although on the pricier side. Chanced upon it on a site, not realizing it's a cult favorite. It's a multi purpose oil, free from mineral oil and silicone, that can be used on face/body/hair. I live in the tropics where it's crazy humid but I have very dry skin. This oil leaves my skin wonderfully soft and moisturized, imparting a lovely scent. Best of all, it's a dry oil so it doesn't feel heavy or greasy - I apply after a shower and I can get dressed without having to wait for it to dry down. I've never tried it on my face but I've used it on my hair while on holiday (didn't want to pack too many things) and it helped smooth down the frizzies. Love the packaging, so lux! If I head to Europe I may be tempted to pick a bottle or two again, but as it's pricey I'll have to consider this a treat and wait for special deals online.

About reviewer (235 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure