Dior Dior Addict Plastic Gloss Maniac Beige 224

No Image

4.2

Love this nude gold-ish color! looks great with lined eyes or just champagne e/s and eyeliner. Glowy purdyness;)

on 6/20/2008 3:40:00 PM

I love the color of this gloss but that's about it. I don't like how it goes on and it is way too tacky. I have used better glosses at a much better price. I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I probably used this gloss four times in 8 months. I like the texture, it's very rich and smooth when applied on. You really can tell that this lip gloss is high quality due to the texture and the thickness which is a plus. Although, the color itself is not really flattering on. I can't make it look good on me. Maybe I'm not a nude color lip gloss lover or maybe nude color isn't really right for me. I don't know but this color is definitely too colorless and bland for my skin tone. I saw this color on Jessica Alba and it looked great on her, and it really showed beautifully, but on me it made me look like a corpse. Anyways, overall quality, I still give it a 3.

on 11/28/2007 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

*PIC* Hmm, i had read the reviews on this one and had really high hopes for it cause it sounder so yummy, but i'm still on the fence about it. It looks soooo gorgeous swatched and in the tube, but i'm still not sure if i like it on. I think the user: michellabella below describes this spot on (in my opinion) "very warm caramel color, with gold microshimmer" and i can understand her when she mentions this may turn out a bit orange dare i say. I definitely think this will probably look gorgeous in summer when i'm very tanned and go for a bronzey/sun kissed look, but i don't think it reaaaally compliments my nc 25/30ish yellow/olive toned skin at the moment.
It's a very thick gloss which i love seeing it stays put, and the pigmentation is excellent.
I think the first pic is probably the most accurate(?)
Taken in different lighting indoors during the day, with and without flash.

continued >>

on 11/2/2007 2:03:00 PM

Ideal beige shade that has enough depth for already pigmented lips. Does not wash my light-med olive tone skin out, great shine, not too thin, stays put well, atypical of most beige glosses and a delight to pull out and wear. I wear this with Nars Cactus Flower cream blush and Shiseido Tiger Eye Hydro Power eye shadow for a lovely daytime look that brightens and consistently looks beautiful. Can predict this will become a daily favorite, as it will go with just about everything in my stash, including the brazen/bold MAC eye paints I love to wear.

on 10/10/2007 7:52:00 AM

Me: 40, n/d skin, blue eyes, MAC C2/NC15

I have a pale olive complexion and bought this gloss based on recs. for olive skin tones from a recent issue of In Style magazine.

Most beige glosses (the caramel nude description on Sephora seems accurate to me) tend to wash out my complexion (lips are about the color of Nars Sin), but this one does not. I think it is the gold gleam in the gloss that brightens up my face.

Excellent pigment- others have commented on the smell, but I'm not getting that from mine, nor do I detect an overly odd taste. These glosses are very thick and tend to the sticky side, so for those that prefer a slippery finish (like Benefit, say), these aren't for you.

Lovely packaging, as you'd expect from Dior. I would probably buy this same shade again.

on 9/3/2007 5:49:00 PM

I also own this gloss in Euphoric Beige and I still don't like the taste of Dior glosses (tastes like flowers to me)! However, I do like the color and the consistency of this gloss (#224). It looks like a caramel nude with gold shimmer. It isn't tacky and it lasts. I am an NC30/BE Light w/ dark hair and eyes and this looks like a nice shimmery nude on me. I usually wear it with a dramatic eye and bronzer on my face. I can see this looking good on almost anyone. An article in In Style Magazine stated that this would "warm" any complexion b/c of the gold shimmer. I would repurchase.

on 7/5/2007 4:45:00 PM

I usually HATE Dior Plastic glosses and any sticky glosses, long-wear or not. But, I made an exception for this one. It is the PERFECT peachy nude and I think could look great on just about anyone. I have to put it on after I leave the house (otherwise my poor husband will kiss me, make a nasty grimace and wipe his lips). It's a small price to pay to have my lips look super almost all day.

on 6/25/2007 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this at Nordstroms and loved the peachy/pink shade with subtle gold shimmer. I love that it is a cross between a gloss and a lipstick. It does go on a bit sticky but the color lasted almost all day even after drinking and eating. Unfortunately they were sold out on this shade but I am definitely going to find it elsewhere and get me one of these babies.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I originally bought this because of the InStyle list as it being a great buy. I agree. I am normally addicted to BB and MAC, but this Dior l/g is so wonderful! I just got another Dior l/g last night in Paradisiac Pink. That is another fav!