Maybelline Moisture Extreme [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Moisture Extreme  [DISCONTINUED]
maybelline l/sMoisture Extreme  [DISCONTINUED]Moisture Extreme  [DISCONTINUED]Maybelline Moisture Extreme Crushed CranberryMaybelline Moisture Lip Stick

4.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My grandmother bought one of these in the shade Cranberry back in India and gifted it to me. Initially, I was very skeptical about its authenticity, the packaging looked tacky and really made-in-china-ish. The only thing that kept me from believing that this was a knock off was the tiny "Maybelline" printed on the sticker.

Tough a bit too shiny for my liking, this product is truly a steal! this was the first red lipstick to ever flatter my yellow-undertoned skin. Normally, I look washed out and clowny with red lips. It lasts for quiet a while and is super pigmented. Once, we had a play in school and I took it along, When my friends showed up with everyday makeup looks, I forced them all to apply this one so it would be visible under the harsh stage lights (before you go "ewwww", I used q-tips to apply the product)

I'm close to finishing off my tube and its a blunt nub, one thing - you just NEED a lip brush to apply the product properly because its too wet. Do it without and you'll end up with an overdrawn lip line.

Honestly, if they hadn't discontinued it, I would definitely repurchase and buy another few shades too. Maybe they could improve the packaging and bring them back.

on 12/22/2016 4:16:00 PM

It's the end of 2016 and I have just bought a brand new one at the supermarket in romania for only $5 without checking a review before. I have to admit, if this lipstick wasn't placed on the rack under the name of Maybelline, I would thought it was a cheapy no-named brand. The package is extremely ugly, very light like a ball point pen but not so breakable.

I was looking for MAC Russian Red's dupe and have tried Daring Ruby and Really Red from Revlon, then I spotted this Rogue Passion (Passion Red) from Maybelline. They are all similar, except the others two are matte and has no moisturizer. Both remain after one rub on skin and has a red coral-to-orange stain. I decided to pick the Maybelline one because it's the most cheap of all, plus having a matte lips is not a good idea in this dry winter. :(

If you are looking for a cheap + lip balm + last-long lipstick, don't hesitate going for this one. :)

The BEST lipstick forever!!!
I got this lipstick in born with it after reading so many postive reviews and it is REALLY amazing. Very moisturizing for my deadly dry lips and gives a nice finish, and the price is soooo affordable.
Sadly it has been discountinued otherwise I will repurchase it over and over again.

on 12/13/2012 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I own this in two colors: natural rosewood and chocolate temptation.

This lipstick has been discontinued in the US, but continues to be sold in Europe and I believe in India as well. The price in Germany is under 5, making it one of the more affordable/cheap drugstore lipstick choices here. The red plastic packaging reflects that; while at a glance it looks nice, in actuality it is very light, flimsy and cheap, making me wary of carrying this lipstick in a purse without some kind of outer casing around it.

Texture wise this lipstick is a dream - smooth, creamy and most definitely moisturizing. How well creamy translates into feathering seems to depend on the color; I find "natural rosewood" to be very sheer and runny on me, prone to smearing outside of my lip line even with a liner. On the other hand "chocolate temptation" is fairly opaque and doesn't budge much, even with a bit of gloss over it. The texture of both lipsticks are rich enough to not require any lip balm underneath; wearing some may in fact cause more smearing than usual.

As stated above, opacity and color return seems to vary from shade to shade. Both of my colors are neutral, brownish MLBB colors for medium to darker toned people with pigmented lips. I am happy with "chocolate tempation" which is an opaque brown with beautiful red undertones; "natural rosewood" would be a wonderful mauvish brown if it was just a little less sheer. Neither of the colors actually stain the lips; they just seem to sit on the surface, resulting in a very short wear time if you have a tendency to smack your lips or drink or eat something after application. Constant reapplication nearly every hour is a must; on the plus side, doing this will keep your lips soft and supple because of all the moisturizing properties of the lipstick.

There is no noticable flavor to the lipstick and a very light, artificial, difficult to define scent that fades very quickly after application. Beats L'Oreal's scented lipsticks hands down. One last con: most reviews say this lipstick tends to mould quickly (within a year of purchase) in humid climates. If you're not going to reach for this lipstick regularly, it may be better to save your money, unless you store it in the fridge.

Altogether a mediocre lipstick, good texture and color range for the price, but not long lasting or sturdy enough to make a really good impression. For this price range I prefer Catrice lipsticks.

on 11/16/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Got this as a free gift from Crush Cosmetics, in Crushed Cranberry.

Smooth application, good pigmentation, inoffensive fragrance and no taste.

Colour is a dark floral pink that would be flattering for a lot of skin tones.

on 4/1/2011 10:09:00 PM

Product Description: "Take lip color to the max with Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipcolor. The anti-feathering, anti-bleeding formula smothers your lips in Extremely bold color that is bound to get you noticed. Moisture Extreme Lipstick is one you wont want to miss.
Active power of a lip balm provides deep moisturization for voluptuous lips drenched in color. 56 sumptuous shades across every shade family to complement all skin tones. Non-feathering and non-bleeding. SPF 15 protection.Size: 0.15oz/4.2g"

PROS:
Creamy and moisturizing, as the name implies
Doesn't feather or bleed
Leaves a nice stain on your lips after it's faded (for darker colors)
SPF15 (chemical, although I prefer physical)
Nicely pigmented in 1-2 swipes
Very faint watermelon scent (pleasant and not overwhelming)
CONS:
Packaging feels a bit flimsy, cap seems loose (potential to fall off in a purse)
Does not last very long (perhaps 2 hours of wear, but I'm a chronic lipstick/gloss eater)
Fragrance may be irritating to some
Final Thoughts:
This was one of my first personal lipsticks I've worn, and still one of my favorites! These lip colors are semi-sheer, but they can build up to be more pigmented. Also since they are so moisturizing, I do not always need a lip balm underneath when I'm applying them. If I could, I would definitely repurchase these again. Too bad these are discontinued, I stocked up during the last CVS sale and now I don't see the display for them anywhere. :(

on 2/20/2011 8:45:00 PM

This lip stick is amazing!!! I have it in nude blush and it is such a natural lip colour with some shine!!!. The smell smells like watermelon!!! isn't that amazing?? most lipsticks smell like wax or plastic...It also last for a few hours. Obviously if you eat you need to reapply it...you also don't need to apply a lip balm first since it is so moisturizing hence the name moisture extreme!!!!!! The packaging is not the prettiest but is not the ugliest too. Great product!!!

I got several lipsticks from maybelline and im always attracted to buy seeing their range of colors. This really feels like lip balm upon application, lips are moisturized. But for me, the moisture doesn't stay. It wears off after a while and the shine is gone. It's better to top it with gloss to keep the gorgeous color shine. Cheaper priced than my usual Revlon and Loreal lipsticks so it's not bad to get a few of them in different colors. 'Will repurchase if they come up again with new shades.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I own ten of these lipsticks. I'm not a lipstick girl, but these=love! Nicely pigmented and moisturizing. Way better than Color Sensational, to be honest.

on 12/22/2010 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The BEST moisturizing lipstick I've found! I've tried everything under the sun, and find a lot of lipsticks are just too drying on me.
But Moisture Extreme really does the trick - the colors are opaque enough, but feel very light, and not sticky.
It also doesn't tend to bleed, which I thought it would, considering it's consistency.
My only criticism is I wish they made more of a range of brighter pinks and reds.
I actually used up all the ME lipsticks I bought last year, to the quick.
I live most of the year in Australia, where Maybelline lipstick will set you back$15-$20, so I stock up when I come home to the US once year.
I'm filling my suitcase with Moisture Extremes!

Popular Lipsticks