MAC Oyster Girl & Cultured lipglasses Perverted Pearl

No Image

4.3

on 8/12/2009 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oyster Girl is a very milky, sheer light pink--very creamy. Worn alone, it is very sheer and is probably too light for most people. I am very fair and it almost looks like clear gloss--a little bit of a milky pink, but mostly sheer.
>It is more shiny than it is shimmery.
>It has the typical MAC vanilla smell and smooth/creamy texture.
>I like to layer this over pink lipsticks to add shine.

I like nude lips but I would not buy this again. I don't feel that it is anything special.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oyster Girl is my absolute favorite lipglass from MAC. The color is so unique. It is a true pearl colored gloss with a brilliant pearlescent sheen. It's got a bit of a pink sheen to it so it does not wash you out. This gloss doesn't have glitter to it, but it is just gorgeous! It also isn't too sticky. This one really is a must have! I uploaded a picture of it, but the lighting isn't so great. I'll be sure to upload a clearer photo for you gals! :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the MAC lip glass in oyster girl(no glitter). I like it a lot. It stays on for a long time and does not dry out your lips like many other brands. It made my lips look fuller and natural.

This review is for Oyster Girl, which to me in the tube looks like a light pink pearl. Lovely color on my lips but can be too milky depending on your MU look. I love it! Very girly and pretty.

on 8/12/2003 3:41:00 PM

Love this lipglass! Of all of the ones that I own or have tried, it is my favorite. It comes out a sheer pink with gold shimmer that works well alone or over a gloss. It does have the traditional sticky MAC consistency.

on 6/26/2003 6:57:00 AM

we REALLY need a "maybe" option for the "will you buy again?" question!

i have to say, i'm a little disappointed in Lipglass. I treated myself to Oyster Girl yesterday, for my birthday.

i love the scent. the colour is pretty. but considering how everyone raves about the shine, staying power, and stickiness of these glosses, i was left feeling a little let down.

this was no shinier than any gloss i already own. it stayed on for about half an hour, and that was not eating anything! i admit, the stickiness was still there a couple hours later, because my boyfriend complained about it, but any pigmentation whatsoever was GONE. and about the stickiness: either i didn't put enough on or the people who say it's too sticky are putting too much on. yes, it's sticky, but no more so than a Bonne Bell Lip Lites.

i'm on the fence on this one. i WANT to like Lipglass, but i'm not sure they're really worth $13, when i can get longer lasting gloss/colour from Bonne Bell, and higher shine/better stickiness from Caboodles.

i might try out some other colours in swap eventually, but i don't see that i'll buy Lipglass outright for a LONG time!

***UPDATE***

i got out my Oyster Girl and gave it another chance. i still don't LOVE it, but i'm wearing it more often. i also bought Prrr, since so many people raved about it. i think i like it better than OG. and today, for some reason, i got Spirited, which is also really pretty. i really WANT to love Lipglass, i just don't think i've found my Holy Grail colour yet.

on 12/12/2002 8:11:00 AM

Oyster Girl is a pale, shimmery pink- gives a very understated, retro-ladylike effect. Cultured is more of a blue-based pink, with a violet tint. It's also very sheer, and gives a light wash of shine and slight colour to the lips. Great with smokey eyes, but alone these two lipglass shades can make me look washed out.

on 2/18/2003 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oyster Girl = A very shear lavender-pink shade that adds shine to lips. I'm MAC 35-40 and this gives me a "mod" look.

Cultured = A bright pink pink that adds colour and shine to my face. I would prefer this shade than Oyster Girl because I dun look pale in this. continued >>

on 12/25/2002 2:22:00 AM

Oyster Girl just adds shine o my lips, Cultured is a mauvey pink that looks great on me in the summer. These are two of my favorite MAC Lipglasses.

on 12/24/2002 4:56:00 PM

These two colors are very beautiful. Oyster Girl is a very very sheer pink and Cultured shows up a brighter pink on me. Oyster girl almost has no color but is very shimmery. Great colors!