Dr. Bronner's Lavender Liquid Soap

Dr. Bronner's Lavender Liquid Soap
Lavender Liquid Soap

4.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Lavandin Extract, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Lavender Oil, Citric Acid, Tocopherol

I love this soap. It has many purposes. I use it on my body, to bathe my puppy and to even wash vegetables and fruits. Of course i have multiple soaps for multiples uses, don't think i use the same one for everything.

on 5/19/2016 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am not a fan...and I just don't get it. No matter how much I diluted it it was still so drying. My hands look so old after washing with this, I would never apply this to my face. I started trying to use this to clean my makeup brushes and it is ok for that, but my shampoo or regular soft soap seem to do a better job and don't dry out my hands in the process. This was useless at cleaning off my concealer brush (I use Benefit Erase Paste). I am trying to at least get through it to use on my brushes but I so much prefer my liter of $12 shampoo for cleaning my brushes. I just don't get it. If you drop the whole "it's natural" thing and the cute packaging...the substance just isn't there for me. I am a Dove Sensitive Skin soap girl for my skin, All Free and Clear for my laundry & regular soft soap for my hands. This is just way too harsh and drying for my skin.

To Read all 113 Reviews, Login or Join

I've gone through a few of the 16oz bottles The lavender scent is calming, light and not at all synthetic. T

The formula lathers on nicely. I've even used this stuff as a shampoo a couple times when my hair was feeling especially scuzzy. Great product and I recommend

on 1/25/2016 11:07:00 PM

I started using this soap to get my makeup brushes squeaky clean! I love it, it's cheap and clean's very well. There's also a list of things you can clean with this soap.

on 10/20/2015 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ugh! I can not fathom WHY people like these soaps. (Unless you are a hippie, or simply do not care about premature aging, or have SUCH dirty, nasty, oily skin that you need to be sandblasted.) This soap STRIPS away everything - good and bad - and that is NOT GOOD for those of us who want to fight off the effects of aging. Do NOT use this on your face and be very careful using it on your body. HARSH, HARSH, HARSH.

I loved the soothing scent, the awesome packaging, that it's all natural. What I didn't like is the film it left on my skin and the way it completely dried it out :/ Tried it on laundry but it left a funky smell. Would not repurchase.

Will be exchanging the scent ASAP! Smells like the Mexican Pine Sol sold in the dark green bottle! I guess I could keep it to clean my house but I wanted it to shower and remove makeup.
EDIT the scent no longer bothers me...takes some getting use to, just like witch hazel. The lavandar scent in this is the real deal and not the fake lavandar scent found in baby lotions. It cleanses the face really well. Tea tree formula has helped with the acne my son has on his back. Yes these soaps are a bit drying, but I always lotion after a shower so no big deal.

on 9/17/2014 9:02:00 PM

Love this as a facial cleanser at night. The scent is soothing, and it leaves my face feeling clean, but moisturized.

I've used every variety of the Dr. Bronner's liquid soap range, and have to say this one is the beeeeest! At least for me. I've acne-prone body skin and the lavender comes to the rescue two-fold: it's soothing and mind-calming, which cuts down on the anxiety over the occasional spot, but the real benefit is in the inflammation-reducing and antibacterial properties of the lavender. It does a number on the breakouts, reducing the size and degree of them, and without over drying like some of the other varieties can, namely the tea tree.
I also use it to clean my flat, so it's the bomb diggity.

on 8/15/2014 4:58:00 AM

After using both the Peppermint and Lavender scents, I've come to the conclusion that the Lavender scent is much more gentle on my combination/acne-prone skin on my face, than the Peppermint scent. But both are great for an everyday body wash.

Another way one can use this soap for effective results is for the reduction of razor bumps on the legs, as I have severe sensitivity to shaving, I love this stuff.
1) Either, pre-scrub the legs with a loofa and the soap, or lather and rinse off soap from legs
2) Apply your favorite shaving cream, gel, oil, etc.
3) Shave legs
4) Either scrub legs with a loofa and the soap, or lather and rinse off soap from legs.

It's improved my skin and left my legs feeling silky soft. Moisturize as this does make your skin a tad bit dry.

Hopefully most of you love this line of soaps. They're wonderful!

Popular Body Skincare Products